Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP3565a.JPG

I thought the suit was restrictive? The pic details more flexibility than previously thought. Great shot.

I thought the suit was restrictive? The pic details more flexibility than previously thought. Great shot.
Maybe restrictive to start with, but you can eventually move it around and the material will allow a bit of stretch so you can pose it.

Does anyone have any pictures detailing how to remove the outfit she comes with? I remember reading that some people "detached" the upper torso. I want to kitbash a casual BW, but I don't want to destroy the belts and such.

Does anyone have any pictures detailing how to remove the outfit she comes with? I remember reading that some people "detached" the upper torso. I want to kitbash a casual BW, but I don't want to destroy the belts and such.

Detaching the upper torso is the easiest way and you dont have to break the belts that she came with. Detach upper torso, then remove the sleeves from the arms (torso should be free now). remove the belts, boots, and then you should be able to slip the rest of the outfit off of the legs.

Right...you wanna remove the clothing for kitbashing....right..jk

Detaching the upper torso is the easiest way and you dont have to break the belts that she came with. Detach upper torso, then remove the sleeves from the arms (torso should be free now). remove the belts, boots, and then you should be able to slip the rest of the outfit off of the legs.

So, would I just hold the figure from the bottom half and wiggle the torso off front to back..(i know..this has "that's what she said" written all over it):lol

Right...you wanna remove the clothing for kitbashing....right..jk

:monkey3 :wink1: :lol

Thanks for the advice, Jack. It worked! Now, I wonder if there's a way to remove the markings from the suit? There's lots of dark spots on the arms.

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03287.jpg

^ Unfortunately the PVC arms easily stains.... which reminds me I've 8 BW's bodies to rectify.... and which maybe too late...

There is also a layer of paint on these arms, repainting another layer maybe the only option.

Rub it hard. …_…

Methylated spirit is usually good for things like that. Is that the right one? with purple/pink dye... not the clear stuff for paint thinners that stinks to high heaven.

Rub it hard. …_…

Methylated spirit is usually good for things like that. Is that the right one? with purple/pink dye... not the clear stuff for paint thinners that stinks to high heaven.

No..... you'll strip the paint layer as mentioned^^... The paint layer used on these PVC arms absorb colour and are stained... repaint or strip the paint off might be your (only) options.

No..... you'll strip the paint layer as mentioned^^... The paint layer used on these PVC arms absorb colour and are stained... repaint or strip the paint off might be your (only) options.

I thought the arms were plastic...

Back