1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The design of the Iron Spidey suit would def allow joints to be cleverly integrated/concealed with the design. Look at the shoulder of Iron Spider, it can def be used as a shoulder pad to cover the shoulder joints. I'll admit the legs would be tougher, but that's where HT's research and ingenuity would be able to really shine. I have faith that with enough time HT could figure out how to make it work.

The design of the Iron Spidey suit would def allow joints to be cleverly integrated/concealed with the design. Look at the shoulder of Iron Spider, it can def be used as a shoulder pad to cover the shoulder joints. I'll admit the legs would be tougher, but that's where HT's research and ingenuity would be able to really shine. I have faith that with enough time HT could figure out how to make it work.

Yeah had they. It rushed these IW figures out to beat Avengers 4, they could have figured out a better version. I have a feeling we might see this type of material starting to be used a lot more often. It’ll for sure be the same material at least for Cap Marvel. Shame.

For HT to make a figure with exposed joints look like it has a seamless suit would take a leap of engineering that i have not seen yet.
Not to mention a "diecast" Iron Spider in the time to figure it out would cost close to $500 or more if the current pricing trend continues. Unless this is in another movie or they decide to do a summer exclusive in another color i think this is a one and done figure.

Do you have an Instagram or anything of your figure poses? I’m always looking for inspiration for natural poses for mine.

I’d also be curious to see any ‘work in progress’ pics you might have taken of Iron Spider.

Sorry for the late reply. No, I’m not really on many social media platforms plus I suck at taking pictures (8 Plus is my most “powerful camera”) which is not just my opinion, my friends, family and ex’s have confirmed my lack of basic photography skills.

Sometimes I’ll post a few pictures on here but they always look so bad :lol

I did find a bit of a more “natural” looking pose that’s pretty static but has some “flow”. A fist, a grabby hand, the Tom headsculpt, the removal of the pincers some leg work including a slight toe bend on one leg seemed to help but I still think it’s easily the worst Spidey HT has done so far.

Yeah had they. It rushed these IW figures out to beat Avengers 4, they could have figured out a better version. I have a feeling we might see this type of material starting to be used a lot more often. It’ll for sure be the same material at least for Cap Marvel. Shame.

I know plenty of people think that the Capt Marvel teaser picture showed them using the same plastic material but when I downloaded the full image and blew it up on my PC, it looked like a mix of materials to me. The shoulders look like IS plastic and so does the “breast plate” but the rest look like a mix of the materials used for the latest Capt America releases (imagine that)!

I really really like this figure, and want to love it. For some reason though the suit material when looking at him next to other recent Hot Toys it just is lacking. Yes the details are great but the material doesn’t give it a $260 feel. I’ll hold onto mine for a while in a near museum pose and will probably end up with the FFH version when it comes out, and put this one up for sale or trade.

Interesting you find the Iron Spider material look lacking. When I see the iron Spider next to any of the other Spuderman figures it's those thay look boring and simple with their basic spandex material.

But each time their own. I can't wait to get mine.

Have you watched the Otaku Surf review ?

https://youtu.be/ifO2Zi3ud5w

Im with you on this one except I still prefer the homecoming suit cos I just love the classic look.
But iron spider is def the least boring museum pose hot toy figure ever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interesting you find the Iron Spider material look lacking. When I see the iron Spider next to any of the other Spuderman figures it's those thay look boring and simple with their basic spandex material.

But each time their own. I can't wait to get mine.

Have you watched the Otaku Surf review ?

https://youtu.be/ifO2Zi3ud5w
I have. it’s a great video. While I agree the colors really pop i just don’t like the material. This all being said I put on the Tom Holland sculpt and now I seem to like the figure more. The giraffe neck isn’t too bad. He might be starting to grow on me but he lack of posing without ruining the suit is a shame

Just got this figure a couple of hours ago. I am blown away by how good it looks. The material looks and feels amazing. The arms are huge and are going to really give this figure massive shelf presence when setup. It looks great with a some simple poses and slight adjustments of the arms, hands, and torso. Material on the legs feels very tight and I am not comfortable bending the knees, but I planned on having him stand with arms attached and arms out anyways. At most I will do some slight leg adjustments. Going to look incredible when setup. The trade off in pose-ability is worth it for me to have the most impressive Spider-Man figure Hot Toys has released to date. I will leave the posing to my HC figure.

A friend had his pre-order riding on how mine looked when it arrived. After seeing my figure, he is definitely keeping his order. This is a fantastic figure to start to 2019 with. With Neon Iron Man coming tomorrow, and 10th Anniversary Iron Man + Doctor Strange coming in the next few months, this is going to be a fun year :).

Just got this figure a couple of hours ago. I am blown away by how good it looks. The material looks and feels amazing. The arms are huge and are going to really give this figure massive shelf presence when setup. It looks great with a some simple poses and slight adjustments of the arms, hands, and torso. Material on the legs feels very tight and I am not comfortable bending the knees, but I planned on having him stand with arms attached and arms out anyways. At most I will do some slight leg adjustments. Going to look incredible when setup. The trade off in pose-ability is worth it for me to have the most impressive Spider-Man figure Hot Toys has released to date. I will leave the posing to my HC figure.

A friend had his pre-order riding on how mine looked when it arrived. After seeing my figure, he is definitely keeping his order. This is a fantastic figure to start to 2019 with. With Neon Iron Man coming tomorrow, and 10th Anniversary Iron Man + Doctor Strange coming in the next few months, this is going to be a fun year :).

Great to hear! Congratulations! I plan to have my Iron Spidey in a fighting stance facing off with Thanos (my only other IW preorder). It’s exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0168.jpgIMG_0170.jpg

got tired of hemming and hawing over it, put in my pre-order from Alter Ego, free shipping because I didn't feel like nearly 30 dollars of reward points just going to shipping. I'm a museum-poser so I'm looking forward to having this guy, Thanos & Mark 50 on the shelf, along with Star-Lord. I'll probably still be interested in a FFH figure, but I could see this being my only Spidey.

Will go for something simple like this shot
FB_IMG_1545117551557.jpg

Just got this guy from sideshow today. Isn't poseable at all but I find myself not caring at all either because of the fact that he just looks awesome.
203b869258f719c18d5dd55b323386d2.jpg
4a0336e2da697be4c1a046aa37617b29.jpg
0cb22740aa18d62e84fea1e504a0fbff.jpg
162e99f199f4403b1b67b27a965a7a3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered via Sideshow on the 1st day it was up but keep being told they are awaiting on Hot toys to send additional stock with no exact date known. So want this displayed in my collection!!

Back