1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, Thank you for not roasting me for just offering my opinion. Yeah Dean was right about essentially everything he said about this figure and you are absolutely correct that it’s a step (or a fall) backwards for HT Spidey. After Rami, ASM1, ASM2, Tech & Home Made, it’s astonishing that the same company made this one. All previous HT Spidey’s could at least do something cool and pose naturally but not this one.

Honestly, now that I’ve accepted that a dynamic pose will just never look right, I still can’t get this damn thing to even stand naturally and it bothers me to no end. I’m not going to say I’m the best or most experienced poser but I am the type that will constantly adjust some figures from time to time because it’s enjoyable and helps me to keep pushing to make them look more real. This one is never going to look like anything but a toy.

All is just my opinion and if anyone reading this likes their Iron Spidey, I am happy for you!

Hmm not even a museum pose with a slight adjustment look good?

Hmm not even a museum pose with a slight adjustment look good?

Well it can pull it off “somewhat” but definitely not with the pincers and the suit material looks worse than vinyl, the original Mk. III was more convincing of a figure. I honestly don’t know how else to say it.

The tricks I use to get a figure to look natural just do not seem to apply on this and it’s a bummer because as much as I’ve been dogging it, I was really rooting for it as IS in the comics was my favorite Spidey suit and the adaptation to film was (not comic accurate) cool looking.

Honestly, now that I’ve accepted that a dynamic pose will just never look right, I still can’t get this damn thing to even stand naturally and it bothers me to no end. I’m not going to say I’m the best or most experienced poser but I am the type that will constantly adjust some figures from time to time because it’s enjoyable and helps me to keep pushing to make them look more real. This one is never going to look like anything but a toy.
Do you have an Instagram or anything of your figure poses? I’m always looking for inspiration for natural poses for mine.

I’d also be curious to see any ‘work in progress’ pics you might have taken of Iron Spider.

Well it can pull it off “somewhat” but definitely not with the pincers and the suit material looks worse than vinyl, the original Mk. III was more convincing of a figure. I honestly don’t know how else to say it.

The tricks I use to get a figure to look natural just do not seem to apply on this and it’s a bummer because as much as I’ve been dogging it, I was really rooting for it as IS in the comics was my favorite Spidey suit and the adaptation to film was (not comic accurate) cool looking.

REALLY Curious to see your pictures of how you’re posing it man. There’s lots of pics in this thread of him posed naturally, both museum and action poses. I for one hope to hell you’re just having bad luck posing yours, but I’m getting scared I should cancel mine and I dont want to lol

Yeah I could tell I'd find the figure just as frustrating to work with as you have, which is why I cancelled. I tend to prefer museum poses anyway, but the majority of the ones I've seen in here just don't work for me or look natural enough for my taste. The most I'd be able to do is have him standing perfectly straight while looking off to the side, and that's not something that seems worth paying $260 for.

QUESTION!

I also have the homemade suit spidey, will the Tom head from this release work with him? Or does it not have a ball joint socket due to the magnet?

I have been going back and forth on getting this. Knowing the suit restrictions i was thinking of putting it in a museum pose in a hall of armor like at the end of homecoming but with the legs out. Your experience gives me more to think about before dropping money on this.

I expect another stellar release for Far From Home, matching the original Tech Suit figure in posability and suit material, so to me it makes sense to pass on this one-off suit.

With the price of Hot Toys being what they are, something so easily damaged and un-poseable like this guy just doesn't seem worth the $260+

mine should be here in the next few days still looking forward to it saw some safe looking museum style poses that still let the figure look good ill just go with one of those...but i really don't do any extreme poses with any of my figures...he will be going on the same shelf as dr strange so ill let him have the more action oriented pose of the two

It is a shame that there are very limited posing options with this one so it's easy to understand the frustration of those who like to add some dynamism when posing their figs. However, from an aesthetic standpoint I think it's stunning...for me it's the most attractive and screen accurate Infinity War figure released to date and even in a static museum pose, it draws the eye. But again, can't blame people for wanting to give it a miss.

I really really like this figure, and want to love it. For some reason though the suit material when looking at him next to other recent Hot Toys it just is lacking. Yes the details are great but the material doesn’t give it a $260 feel. I’ll hold onto mine for a while in a near museum pose and will probably end up with the FFH version when it comes out, and put this one up for sale or trade.

Thinking of cancelling because BBTS is taking so damn long but it’s still sold out there so I might wait until it says back for preorder and then cancel

Too many delayed things I ordered are coming too fast , fiancés you know :thud:

Thinking of cancelling because BBTS is taking so damn long but it’s still sold out there so I might wait until it says back for preorder and then cancel

Too many delayed things I ordered are coming too fast , fiancés you know :thud:

BBTS is that way with everything. I swear they are always the last retailer to get anything in.

Sure thing. I’ve added the Spoiler tag so everyone doesn’t have to see nineteen pictures that aren’t of this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checking this thread as off and on I think about this Spidey...great job on the collection!:clap:clap:clap

Re Spidey costume issues - I gotta read more posts, but happy to say if it's similar my CW BP, SWs, and TWS Bucky so far seem to have pleather/vinyl holding up. I don't expect them to last forever, but so far so good:horror. My figs are more or less protected behind glass but I do mess with them time to time.

Only HT though

They are pretty quick with the other companies , that’s why I still stick with them

Not really. They sent an email to one of the freaks on here last year apologizing for shipping delays and said they were have problems getting stock from multiple companies.

Given the amount of complaints I've heard, I'm sure HT has to already be thinking about doing a proper 2.0 Diecast Iron Spidey down to the line in a few years...they get to double dip AND actually crank out improvements. It's a win-win for everyone I guess.

The travesty with the IW line has been HT's effort to rush out the figures...such a shame, because I know with proper time and research they could have absolutely released a Diecast Iron Spidey...but ya know, bottom line matters more for the company and we, the consumers, end up with a more inferior product in the end.

With that being said, I'm still looking forward to mine, which should be coming next week. I'm a figure-in-the box collector, so the lack of dynamic posing doesn't affect me at all really. :yess:

a "diecast" (still plastic) spiderman would have even more complaints with all the exposed joints and added weight. I can live with it on IM but would be 100% unacceptable on spiderman.

a "diecast" (still plastic) spiderman would have even more complaints with all the exposed joints and added weight. I can live with it on IM but would be 100% unacceptable on spiderman.

:exactly:

Not a fan of die cast figures..weight is too much and posability usually is a problem

However I do suggest picking up the mezco Ironman ..despite being a die cast , it is a very sturdy articulated fig

Back