1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin while I enjoy watching his reviews will not give the objective review that Dean will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the dude definitely is never objective in his reviews. They should make a drinking game every time he says "terrific" lolz

Eh I've never gotten that sense from him. He always gives a pretty thorough analysis in his reviews. He just seems to have a much more upbeat and positive attitude towards these figures in general compared to others. Which is a feeling I usually share.

Justin is upbeat. But he also has financial interests, considering he advertisers his direct dealer. Encouraging more people to buy figures, particularly from his advertised dealer benefits him likely in a few ways (not sure what his agreement is with his dealer, at minimum likely gets him figures cheaper and quicker, which also helps his youtube click viewership.)

Nothing wrong with this, its just good business. George Clooney was just in an espresso commercial, though he probably just takes millions than a discount on expresso.

Nothing wrong with this, its just good business. George Clooney was just in an espresso commercial, though he probably just takes millions than a discount on expresso.

Granted I haven't watched any of these video reviews, using the the coffee ad with Clooney is different. He is hired as the face of the brand and is not reviewing the coffee itself. These video reviews though are meant to discuss the figures, pros and cons. It will vary for every reviewer because of how neurotic collectors can be with accuracy, details, poseability, etc. I'd rather have somebody objective on their review when if I don't agree with them than somebody that just says wow all the time.

The good thing is you get to choose which reviewers to watch and subscribe to.

Exactly !! :clap

Just decided to order this guy. Wasn't on my radar until these last couple of weeks. Had always thought I could use one of my original Spidermen for the display (which is mainly Infinity War). But this version fits better, plus has more bling.

I'm not a huge poser of figures, so I'm sure I'll be able to find a couple of decent poses (like in Dean Knights latest video) which don't wrinkle the costume too much. The mechanical arms give him far more complexity and coolness, even if he is standing in a museum pose.

I really hope we see some 'charging your card...' emails for this guy soon. Would love to have him in time for Christmas.

I didn't order from SS, but my local guy I purchase from has been getting them wayyy earlier than SS, so I totally expect I'll be receiving him by X-mas!

Exactly !! :clap

Just decided to order this guy. Wasn't on my radar until these last couple of weeks. Had always thought I could use one of my original Spidermen for the display (which is mainly Infinity War). But this version fits better, plus has more bling.

I'm not a huge poser of figures, so I'm sure I'll be able to find a couple of decent poses (like in Dean Knights latest video) which don't wrinkle the costume too much. The mechanical arms give him far more complexity and coolness, even if he is standing in a museum pose.

Yeah even if you can't do anything super dynamic, there are still plenty of cool standing poses you can put these figures in. I get the impression some think that "museum pose" means he has to be standing ramrod straight like you just pulled him out of the box (and it kinda drives me crazy when I see people who actually pose their figures that way).

Yeah even if you can't do anything super dynamic, there are still plenty of cool standing poses you can put these figures in. I get the impression some think that "museum pose" means he has to be standing ramrod straight like you just pulled him out of the box (and it kinda drives me crazy when I see people who actually pose their figures that way).

Yeah, totally agree. All it takes is a bit of movement of the feet (one forward the other back) and arms/hands holding a weapon say, maybe a twist of the upper body and you can get a decent pose that looks good, but isn't a ramrod straight museum pose. I think something like that is definitely possible with this guy. Dean showed a couple.

While it would be super cool to get this Spidey in loads of awesome dynamic poses, I'm absolutely fine with a more static pose. I mean, he'll still look amazing no matter what. I didn't do super dynamic poses with my Homecoming tech suit Spidey either but I still love that figure. If I wanna do all those crazy poses, I have the homemade suit Spidey to do them with. :) That's enough for me.

While it would be super cool to get this Spidey in loads of awesome dynamic poses, I'm absolutely fine with a more static pose. I mean, he'll still look amazing no matter what. I didn't do super dynamic poses with my Homecoming tech suit Spidey either but I still love that figure. If I wanna do all those crazy poses, I have the homemade suit Spidey to do them with. :) That's enough for me.

Yep totally agree. I normally pre-order figures, but for some reason this one was off my radar. While it's better to have peace of mind in knowing you have the pre-order, I must say the big bonus of ordering this one now is that the experienced "wait" is way shorter. That's good !

It's crazy how the Iron Spider makes the HC Tech Suit version look wayyyyy more poseable by comparison. I remember the massive outcries and complaints about limited posing with the Tech Suit, meanwhile that suit material is able to return to its original form, whereas that doesn't seem like it's possible with the Iron Spidey (specifically the gold areas, according to Dean Knight's video review.)

One thing I did not expect when I got this figure was to like how the pincers look on Iron Spider, since I didn't really think much of them in the movie.

But they absolutely look great with the figure. Did a little review below.

PIC2.jpg

PIC1.jpg

PIC4.jpg

PIC3.jpg

Wow, best video I've seen yet ! Great poses, great photography (background looks amazing), clear and concise explanations with no waffling. Did I say great poses ?!!

Good job Otaku !

Back