1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true. I was looking at those close ups in Xenomorphs video of the costume and covered head. How the hell do they get that star type pattern in there, and also on the rounded helmet ? It almost looks like it is on a lower layer somehow. Amazing.

My understanding is most of this fine detail is done using fabric printing techniques. It's a technology that's been improving every since the raised webbing was done on those first Toby Spidey figs. Instead of using an inking or silk screening process, they can send the fabric patterns through a printer that can lay the latex or plastic like "inks" on the fabric in the most accurate and amazing patterns we've every seen.
This is an awesome figure!

46470594_1924999170868464_7038504078682357760_n.jpg

i usually know before something goes up for PO if i want it or not. I'm rarely swayed one way or another after a PO goes up or after it is released but after watching the videos and looking at some photos of this i am thinking about picking it up.

I have my homemade suit and custom peter parkers for the crazy poses. I think this one will look great on the shelf in a pose like the one above.

View attachment 433705

i usually know before something goes up for PO if i want it or not. I'm rarely swayed one way or another after a PO goes up or after it is released but after watching the videos and looking at some photos of this i am thinking about picking it up.

I have my homemade suit and custom peter parkers for the crazy poses. I think this one will look great on the shelf in a pose like the one above.

Dang, that's a great pose...although the Iron Spidey is probably the one I would leave with the Spidey mask on. I think Homecoming tech suit and homemade suit Spidey are the ones that looks best with the mask off.

My understanding is most of this fine detail is done using fabric printing techniques. It's a technology that's been improving every since the raised webbing was done on those first Toby Spidey figs. Instead of using an inking or silk screening process, they can send the fabric patterns through a printer that can lay the latex or plastic like "inks" on the fabric in the most accurate and amazing patterns we've every seen.
This is an awesome figure!

Yes I agree. The fabric "printing" seems to be really a game changer for HT. The Yondu figure also has this crazy printed round pattern on the fabric. Looks awesome. Whoever HT's supplier is for fabrics, they are really pushing the envelope.

Dang, that's a great pose...although the Iron Spidey is probably the one I would leave with the Spidey mask on. I think Homecoming tech suit and homemade suit Spidey are the ones that looks best with the mask off.

Even though I don't own tech or homemade, I shall be going with mask on for this one. Aesthetically it just seems to work better. Still, it's nice to have the TH head sculpt as part of the package. Gives you the option of varying things up should you ever desire.

Yes I agree. The fabric "printing" seems to be really a game changer for HT. The Yondu figure also has this crazy printed round pattern on the fabric. Looks awesome. Whoever HT's supplier is for fabrics, they are really pushing the envelope.

Agreed. One of the things HT does above others is developing fabrics that are made to scale that goes hand in hand with the print techniques. All those little details just simply raises their level.

Anyone else notice the Iron Spider having a decidedly rounder head shape than the Homecoming suit? I wonder if that's a fluke, something to accommodate the electronics, or how they plan to do spidey figures going forward.

So like many hate to leave extra heads resting in box. Is there a easy magnetic neck out there to kitbash with the extra head's ? I know the dx12 bats had the same magnetic neck fun and other then modding the heads to normal idk how else to use them besides adding magnet to reg body's. Anyone working on this ? After quick evilbay search prob just buying some small magnet's i guess be easy way to go unless find cheap magnet neck.

Last edited:

Interesting story , I need to get back into collecting reading more comic's again. I use to collect n read n redraw them all the time. Learning from artist's styles just redrawing favorite pic's in book's over n over. Loved redrawing McFarlane work from anything marvel to IMAGE to many other artist's.

Last edited:
So like many hate to leave extra heads resting in box. Is there a easy magnetic neck out there to kitbash with the extra head's ? I know the dx12 bats had the same magnetic neck fun and other then modding the heads to normal idk how else to use them besides adding magnet to reg body's. Anyone working on this ? After quick evilbay search prob just buying some small magnet's i guess be easy way to go unless find cheap magnet neck.

You might be better off just using blue tack on a regular neck. It might sound crazy, but a couple of the custom head sculpts I’ve bought from JNIX are just resting gently on the figures’ neck. Most of them are relatively secure.

You might be better off just using blue tack on a regular neck. It might sound crazy, but a couple of the custom head sculpts I’ve bought from JNIX are just resting gently on the figures’ neck. Most of them are relatively secure.
Good idea Tip ,thank's prob use blue tack with a small magnet then. :hi5:

Interesting story , I need to get back into collecting reading more comic's again. I use to collect n read n redraw them all the time. Learning from artist's styles just redrawing favorite pic's in book's over n over. Loved redrawing McFarlane work from anything marvel to IMAGE to many other artist's.

Nice ! As I haven't been the biggest comic book reader this was very cool to see. Makes me want to read some.

Back