1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oof, just looked at that video, making me take a 180 from this figure as well. Might just hold off for a Far From Home Spidey at this rate

edit an hour later:
I could probably still be swayed on this though :lol
I feel like he just came off negative right off the bat, and maybe he got a dud of a figure but if I went and re-watched Justin's reviews, I'd probably be close to hitting the Purchase button. I display in museum pose so I think I could be happy with it.

Last edited:
think i might sell mine on when he arrives unless i see some stunning photography and poses to change my mind

oof, just looked at that video, making me take a 180 from this figure as well. Might just hold off for a Far From Home Spidey at this rate

edit an hour later:
I feel like he just came off negative right off the bat, and maybe he got a dud of a figure but if I went and re-watched Justin's reviews, I'd probably be close to hitting the Purchase button. I display in museum pose so I think I could be happy with it.

Haha. Yeah I already did that. A bit of Justin's and Xenomorph's review and your golden :lol

I too would pretty much display in museum type pose as he would be with the rest of the Avengers and Thanos. So no biggie if he can't do crazy poses.

Yeah I wouldn't judge too much based off of the washed out lighting in Dean's unboxing video. The figure has looked a lot better elsewhere, and I'm sure he'll have it looking better in his actual review as well.

So torn on this figure. I feel even in a plain museum pose he’d have a great shelf presence with the iron spider legs. But, seeing that arm problem and rubber material creasing I’m just not sure if I should spend the money. Already buying a sub par IW Cap....might wait a little longer for more reviews after they’ve been posed a bit.

Too bad DK didn’t like his..won’t change my mind though ..I’m looking forward to this

So torn on this figure. I feel even in a plain museum pose he’d have a great shelf presence with the iron spider legs. But, seeing that arm problem and rubber material creasing I’m just not sure if I should spend the money. Already buying a sub par IW Cap....might wait a little longer for more reviews after they’ve been posed a bit.

If you acknowledge that IW Cap is sub-par then why are you buying it? lol :rotfl

If you acknowledge that IW Cap is sub-par then why are you buying it? lol :rotfl

Sounds like a Hot Toys endgame.

Like all addictions, it starts out fun, and then eventually you get no joy and start buying IW Caps.

Dean's video earned himself a subscribe. Enough of this rushed out IW crap.

I don't think any of these are really rushed. They get the designs months ahead of the movie release so they have probably been working on this since summer/fall of 2017. I honestly don't think anything would be different if they had worked on it for another year.

There was an episode of ToysTV a few months back that they were reviewing a just released HT figure (i don't remember which one) and they said Hot Toys prioritizes how a figure looks much more than articulation and i think that is very true.

If it looks good they don't care if it lasts 10 years or if it can do a superhero landing pose.

edit an hour later:

Justin while I enjoy watching his reviews will not give the objective review that Dean will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think any of these are really rushed. They get the designs months ahead of the movie release so they have probably been working on this since summer/fall of 2017. I honestly don't think anything would be different if they had worked on it for another year.

There was an episode of ToysTV a few months back that they were reviewing a just released HT figure (i don't remember which one) and they said Hot Toys prioritizes how a figure looks much more than articulation and i think that is very true.

If it looks good they don't care if it lasts 10 years or if it can do a superhero landing pose.

I totally agree here. Again I think a lot of people forget we live in the real world. What material could you use to look like a make believe metallic nano suit ?

It needs to be shiny and metallic looking, but yet super flexible. It also needs to look screen realistic. I'm sure HT didn't just say OK let's use this material this time. They would have put a lot of thought into it. What materials are available to look screen realistic. The fact we get micro printing and super detail shows they put a lot of effort into the design. Sure the articulation is not as good as the other previous versions.

If they had used the previous materials it wouldn't look like Iron Spider, but it could do extreme poses. I'm also 100% sure everyone would be complaining it doesn't look anything like the movie. What would you prefer ?

Unfortunately there have to be compromises.

Justin while I enjoy watching his reviews will not give the objective review that Dean will.

I agree, it was an honest review, and I think it just depends on who's review you're watching that can kind of sway which way you're leaning.

I do wonder how much he paid for the figure though to get it early, because I feel like that comes into play when evaluating whether that figure is worth the upcharge as opposed to retail price. But again, to each their own, I wouldn't mind the figure for just the museum pose along so I feel like I'm still in the market for this, especially after applying some points to bring it to about $200 from Sideshow.

Thats a fair point, though you could argue the development was rushed. I think HT has there 'okay' switch on sometimes. Not that they don't generally do good work, but when pumping out a ton of stuff in relatively quick time for them (from original developoment to release), you have to wonder if some things that could be improved just are not. Some of the recent headsculpts, though painted fine, seem like a step back from more recent releases.

Just saying they are starting to rise the bar (and prices) higher, so mediocrity becomes more noticeable.

Figures gets delayed *whine*

Figures comes out sooner *whine*

HT can't win :lol

They really can't. Its like that Simpsons episode where the kids are telling the network exec what kinds of cartoons they want. "So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?"

Eh I've never gotten that sense from him. He always gives a pretty thorough analysis in his reviews. He just seems to have a much more upbeat and positive attitude towards these figures in general compared to others. Which is a feeling I usually share.

Back