1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bit annoying they just repacked the homecoming headsculpt as Tom Holland did look a bit different in Infinity War. Not a major deal breaker but would have been nice.

View attachment 433332

I'd say the headsculpt they included is more accurate though, if we're talking about the hair differences compared to that promo shot
IW.jpg

Please take a look at the photos carefully. There's wrinkles everywhere. And the costume is made some kind of plastic. Very dynamic poses will, most probably, ruin the suit. Especially on shoulders.

So it's a problem for people who want to have extreme poses and still keep him mint. That's not a problem for me as I'm not in this for reselling.

Frankly I would probably want to keep this in a museum pose anyway, as it does a much better job showing off the amazing costume design.

Itst the Homecoming figure that I really wish was capable of more extreme posing.

Frankly I would probably want to keep this in a museum pose anyway, as it does a much better job showing off the amazing costume design.

Itst the Homecoming figure that I really wish was capable of more extreme posing.

I left my homecoming figure in a dynamic pose for over 2 weeks. Put him in an A stance and the suit went back to normal after 2 days. Just be careful w/ the joints, the suit can get pinched in backs of the elbows and knees, and the hips depending.

Yeah, it looks weird with the Tom Holland head on because of the way they made the neck. It's not accurate to the film at all.

Yeah, it looks weird with the Tom Holland head on because of the way they made the neck. It's not accurate to the film at all.

I think it looks longer because the material goes higher up instead of having part of his neck actually exposed.

Arent all 3 headsculpts the same but just with a slight paint app difference?

EDIT: looking at some pics it appears the iron spider head is a new sculpt whereas the homecoming heads are the same with a slight paint app tweak (brusing and looking off to the side)

So is there any reason why Hot Toys couldn't produce this figure in a similar way to the way it makes Iron Man figures?

I feel like the various webbing patterns could have been utilized for less noticeable joints and such. His shoulder pads could have covered any noticeable joint the same way Iron Man's current shoulder pads do. Sure, it may have needed to sacrifice mid-section articulation, but it would have been a fair trade-off for a more aesthetically looking and diecast figure.

Arent all 3 headsculpts the same but just with a slight paint app difference?

EDIT: looking at some pics it appears the iron spider head is a new sculpt whereas the homecoming heads are the same with a slight paint app tweak (brusing and looking off to the side)

yeah its the exact same sculpt, just no battle damage and looking forwards instead of to the left.

Back