1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably they are pushing the release of this because their is an incoming Spiderman Far From Home movie July next year.

And if ever they release a figure of it, which is basically a repaint of Homecoming with minor tweaking..we are expecting an earlier release date of it as well.

This is my worry too, quality control be damned, just pump out the figures as fast as possible. Screw fixing in accuracies, just release what we have now

I do believe this is the reason why we got the inaccurate version of Stormbreaker. Normally HT would go back and fix the inaccuracies. Look at CW War Machine as an example. The promo images had an earlier iteration of the baton, however what we ended up getting was the screen accurate version.

I have this on pre-order but it’s the one Infinity War figure I’m on the fence about keeping. It’s cool but I’ve got the Homecoming version which I prefer and not sure I really need them both.

I do believe this is the reason why we got the inaccurate version of Stormbreaker. Normally HT would go back and fix the inaccuracies. Look at CW War Machine as an example. The promo images had an earlier iteration of the baton, however what we ended up getting was the screen accurate version.

This might not end well for us collectors if they're cutting corners. We're the ones spending a lot here so they should really consider that. I'm also guessing this is the reason why some of the DC HT got pushed in the back burner.

Very soon FB_IMG_1540962877932.jpg

No way! I’m expecting Cap before Iron Spidey, do you think there’s a chance Cap might get released this week?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I know I should be excited about this...but I'm not! Wait...just wait until 2019! lol

2019 rolls around and all this might cost a lot more as our mindless leader wants to put a 25% tariff on EVERYTHING that comes from China in a couple months if a meeting does not go the way he wants it to.

This might not end well for us collectors if they're cutting corners. We're the ones spending a lot here so they should really consider that. I'm also guessing this is the reason why some of the DC HT got pushed in the back burner.

Hot Toys like you said probably just shifted the production timelines of certain figures to meet the demand of others.

They have also been on this 1 year timeline of Prototype to production for several years. And they’ve been very successful, so maybe they’ve reinvested to increase production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we ever find out how The iron spider legs attach to the back?

I would imagine magnetically. I can't see HT putting unsightly holes in the back in order to plug the legs in. HT usually tries to keep the figure as visually realistic as possible and 4 hole plugs in the back would definitely destroy that illusion.

I'm going to guess holes with plugs to cover up the holes when the llimbs aren't attached.

Hot Toys magnetizes figures very sparingly, mostly on light and small parts or parts that are already mostly friction fit (eg. face panels and hair). They could magnetize every removable panel of an Iron Man suit but they don't.

I'm going to guess holes with plugs to cover up the holes when the llimbs aren't attached.

Hot Toys magnetizes figures very sparingly, mostly on light and small parts or parts that are already mostly friction fit (eg. face panels and hair). They could magnetize every removable panel of an Iron Man suit but they don't.

F7994B55-BF22-4483-BD69-AE6CD00AA1ED.jpg

The Magnets in the arms of spiderman are strong enough to hold the entire figure up with very little metal to hold on to and they do just fine with AOU caps shield and deadpools swords.

So i could see magnets for the arms.

Wish I could figure out how to post pics. There is an iron spider pic on FB from secret base. It looks like Hot Toys made the suit a lot thinner than the prototype pics. It looks extremely delicate

Back