1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what does the back look like is it four holes were the extra arms fit or can we cover them up or something

Last edited:
So does this back look is it four holes were the extra arms fit or can we cover them up or something

That's the big question given the suit material and the assumption that HT will give us the option of posing him with & without them (which seems reasonable given the photos provided). My guess is one larger hole in the back of the suit & a cavity in the figure to accommodate two different plug-in adapters - one with the large red spider logo on it that would cover the seam of the hole & sit as flush as possible, the other incorporating the mounting of the 4 legs (also with a lip that would sit flush & cover the suit seam).

For those who already watched the movie (without giving any spoilers), did watching the movie increase your anticipation for this figure? Also, do you think that Hot Toys will add previously unannounced accessories to this figure? I'm wondering because it's slightly more expensive than the Homecoming Deluxe version and that one had a lot of extra accessories. I don't think it's simply due to the Infinity Wars hype since Black Widow is selling for a price similar to previous releases.

Extra cost is probably coming from the extra appendages, additional head (3 instead of 2 on the Homecoming DX) and the light up feature. Doubt we'll see extra accessories revealed.

For those who already watched the movie (without giving any spoilers), did watching the movie increase your anticipation for this figure?.

No. But i'm no hard die fan of spidey so somebody else might have very different opinion.

For those who already watched the movie (without giving any spoilers), did watching the movie increase your anticipation for this figure? Also, do you think that Hot Toys will add previously unannounced accessories to this figure? I'm wondering because it's slightly more expensive than the Homecoming Deluxe version and that one had a lot of extra accessories. I don't think it's simply due to the Infinity Wars hype since Black Widow is selling for a price similar to previous releases.
If you like the design or what you have seen so far then after the movie you will definitely want this figure. The first look at the full suit is pretty cool.

For those who already watched the movie (without giving any spoilers), did watching the movie increase your anticipation for this figure?
Not really. Kinda knew what those arms are going to be doing before watching the movie.
Ironman on the other hand had some surprises...

Will this be a valuable collectible now because what I heard about the movie :horror
Yes regardless, even with homecoming 2 already announced, this will probably be the only iron spider design we will ever get.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If anything the regular Stark suit in Homecoming was more Iron Manish because so much time was spent focussing on the AI and Stark enhancements. While there are obvious changes with this suit I don't think it changed the character..

For those who already watched the movie (without giving any spoilers), did watching the movie increase your anticipation for this figure?

Suit looks cool, but Iron Man definitely stole the show for me. Having watched MCU Spidey's scenes across multiple movies, I felt the homecoming suit left a bigger impression on me than iron spider did. If you have the extra budget, I'd say go for it though, just cos' it looks awesome haha

Yeah, for me it's probably cool if you like alternate looks or want every version, but if you want just one version then neither this one nor the homecoming suit are the 'definitive' version (god that word is overused around here)

As an interesting sidenote, the PlayStation 4 Spider-Man game coming out later in the year which is completely unrelated to the MCU/Tom Holland version is advertising an MCU Iron Spider 'skin' for the game. Not bad, if you are into that sort of thing..

I'm really hoping for a Mafex version at this point. I don't like the material they have to use and it seems like it would breakdown or wrinkle really easily. It is a prototype though, so maybe it will improve. It's a crapshoot with HT.

I really they hope they colour the legs accurately. They weren't all gold in the movie or didn't appear to be. They currently look unfinished.

Sent from a point in space and time

Suit looks cool, but Iron Man definitely stole the show for me. Having watched MCU Spidey's scenes across multiple movies, I felt the homecoming suit left a bigger impression on me than iron spider did. If you have the extra budget, I'd say go for it though, just cos' it looks awesome haha

Yeah with all the crazy stuff happening every second of this movie, it was kinda hard for any one suit or design to make a huge impact. The new Spidey suit did look cool enough in action though, so I'm happy to keep my PO.

After seeing the movie,
Spoiler Spoiler:

If anyone wants to coordinate a pre-order trade for an HT Iron Spider I've got a IW Thor I'll coordinate with you.(BBTS orders only)

PM me if your interested,
Thanks

After seeing the movie,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well they could have made it one of two ways. Iffy articulated plastic or very flexible, but terrifying to pose material lol. I think the direction they went looks good and conveys the metallic look of the film. It will all come down to paint finish on the final product though. Too matte it'll look real cheap.

After seeing the movie,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back