1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji848]
1ed610e215efc63461f847ff82774657.jpg

094a636714a62c147182361c4e7acfe1.jpg
We should discuss this. Is this inevitable for all of us? I imagine this is minor damage that will dramatically get worse?

I suppose this crease can be hidden in another pose or even a museum stance but... well where else will this damage happen, on the legs as well?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We should discuss this. Is this inevitable for all of us? I imagine this is minor damage that will dramatically get worse?

I suppose this crease can be hidden in another pose or even a museum stance but... well where else will this damage happen, on the legs as well?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This discussion comes up every time a figure with this type of suit is previewed. If you leave the figure in a dynamic
pose for long periods of time, there will be some stretching. Some of the material used by HT will go back to normal, with time,
if the pose is changed. The damage can happen anywhere the suit is stretched; knees, elbows, arm pits, and any other joint.

The only way to get the material changed is to not buy! WE the customers have the ultimate power, If we don't buy, Hot Toys either changes or goes under, that simple.

They have screwed up the neck big time

landscape-1521206356-tom-holland-spider-man.jpg

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-iron-spider-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903471-11.jpg

While I don't like inaccuracies, especially when the whole point of HT is they create screen accurate figures, I completely understand why they decided to have both Tech Suit Spidey and Iron Spidey have covered necks rather than exposed ones.

Take for example TAS Andrew Garfield HT. While yes, they made it screen accurate with his neck exposed it came at the price of having an unsightly seam that seemed odd. And for me seams and exposed joints are the worst part about HTs since they destroy the illusion of a realistic looking figure. So the fact that they decided to go a lil screen inaccurate for the sake of a better looking figure, I'm all for it. :lecture

While I don't like inaccuracies, especially when the whole point of HT is they create screen accurate figures, I completely understand why they decided to have both Tech Suit Spidey and Iron Spidey have covered necks rather than exposed ones.

Take for example TAS Andrew Garfield HT. While yes, they made it screen accurate with his neck exposed it came at the price of having an unsightly seam that seemed odd. And for me seams and exposed joints are the worst part about HTs since they destroy the illusion of a realistic looking figure. So the fact that they decided to go a lil screen inaccurate for the sake of a better looking figure, I'm all for it. :lecture

:lecture all this

Gotta also remember this has taken a year to get to this point (per howard) meaning all they had to go off was concept art and early cg work. And based on some of the early stuff the neck part isn’t as noticeable.

349420EA-3B33-45BE-A3B0-DD3B4E3D57EE.jpeg

With the neck exposed like that the masked version head wouldn't work. There would be a half exposed neck there.......so they didn't "screw it up big time".

I'm probably going to pass on this at least until it actually releases. I'm not a fan of the what they used to make the outfit. I would have preferred a less articulate plastic/diecast versions.

I'm probably going to pass on this at least until it actually releases. I'm not a fan of the what they used to make the outfit. I would have preferred a less articulate plastic/diecast versions.

I'll never undertand why anyone would want DC on a spiderman figure. Make it heavier so it's a pain the butt to pose

I cracked in about 2 hours, ordered through bbts. If the release date is on schedule, this should ship around avengers 4. I have to admit the design has grown on me, except the legs.

With the neck exposed like that the masked version head wouldn't work. There would be a half exposed neck there.......so they didn't "screw it up big time".

They could have done what they did with ASM like said a few posts above. I'm sure they could work out a better solution for the seam now.
hot-toys-amazing-spider-man-sixth-scale-figure-027.jpg

I'll never undertand why anyone would want DC on a spiderman figure. Make it heavier so it's a pain the butt to pose

I personally prefer plastic. I included diecast because I would take that over the material they used in this prototype. And what is hard to understand? It's IRON Spider. He is wearing ARMOR. And its not a typical Spiderman. And like I said, I'd give up articulation for a better looking material.

I personally prefer plastic. I included diecast because I would take that over the material they used in this prototype. And what is hard to understand? It's IRON Spider. He is wearing ARMOR. And its not a typical Spiderman. And like I said, I'd give up articulation for a better looking material.

I just said that because HT puts DC in the legs and very little anywhere else. So if you wanted him upside down doing something it would be top heavy. Side swing pose the legs would pull it down, etc. I still think of this suit more like the black panther suit then an Iron man suit.

Back