Hot Toys First Blood Rambo, Rocky, Mr. T

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
Toy Square just put up the Rocky figures from Hot toys.
They're due out in December and are $99.99 each.
Rocky:
https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20076&cat=112&page=1
Clubber Lang:
https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20077&cat=112&page=1

So a guy with boxer shorts and gloves is selling for more than a Colonial Marine? Thats just wrong. A boxing figure, Rocky or not, shoulcn't cost anywehere near as much as the others Hot Toys is putting out.

Yeah he doesn't come with much. But the license may be more expensive then Rambo or Aliens, so that could be why they're so much more. Also the Gear is recycled for the Aliens figures so the cost of production may be spread out more then Rocky.

Still I'd love to get the Clubber Lang figure simply for a B.A. Baracus custom. I'll probably end up buying one when I have the money, But at that price I'll skip Rocky.

Did anyone else notice that these figures appear to have new skin covered legs? They look different then the ones that the MC Private Military Contractor used which was nothing more then a silicon sleeve pulled over the HT basic body's legs. If you have that figure you know how bad that turned out, it looked like the legs from a huge steroid shooting bodybuilder that ate waay to much junk food. Then when you'd pose it, it would just look like ****.
I at least hope they're using new legs for these figures. :rolleyes:

Ironman1188 said:
So a guy with boxer shorts and gloves is selling for more than a Colonial Marine? Thats just wrong. A boxing figure, Rocky or not, shoulcn't cost anywehere near as much as the others Hot Toys is putting out.

Maybe the rubber bodies are more expensive than the Marine bodies.

yep, its the license!
i forgot!

the muscular bodies they use for the military figure are the same, but LICENSES!
those are the price changers

I understand that licenses may be costly. In that case I think you need to give the customer a little more to account for rhe high pricepoint though. Maybe the leather coat, shirt, pants and hat from Rocky? Don't know waht else Lang could have. Drago [if they go that far] could include his military uni. At any rate I think that Rocky is not as popular as it once was, despite the new film coming out, and won't justify the high point to as many buyers as it could have. I had hoped for 2 Clubber Langs for Lang and B.A. Baracus. And Rockys?? Judge Dredd, John Spartan, Marion Cobretti....lets just say I had high hopes. :(

Just preordered the Rocky fig from Toy2. I didn't realize that this version is from Rocky IV. Does anyone know if they will do at least Rocky from the 1st movie (my favorite, BTW)? Stallone was not as lean and ripped in this one, so I wonder if they'll consider that issue when deciding on making the figure.

will anyone or SSC be getting these cheaper or same price?

getting both!

are they limited?

pjam said:

Rambo wears a M-65 Field Jacket. It's not the same, it's also missing the breast pockets.

rambo.JPG

Also since the bandana is sculpted, it won't look right with the jacket.

The figure is awesome though.

EVILFACE said:
Rambo wears a M-65 Field Jacket. It's not the same, it's also missing the breast pockets.

Also since the bandana is sculpted, it won't look right with the jacket.

The figure is awesome though.

Thanks EF, does ANYBODY make this in sixth scale?

Back