Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any custom replacements plans?

Does anyone planing to make and sell some cast plastic dome replacements? Like it was for the first release?
I can remember someone selling them on the E-Bay for 25$. I'd LOVE to buy 4 for of them for me and my friends. )))

Never saw replacement domes that cheap even on eBay. They were like $85 from what I remember which I thought was a little expensive so I never got one for my original ED.

Anyone listen to the most recent Hot Toys Podcast? I think they recorded this before all this started, but they actually talk about the ED 209, and one of the hosts said that he talked to someone in Hot Toys and they said it's a different type of rubber than the first one. I can't remember the details, I was half asleep when I listened to it.

Anyone listen to the most recent Hot Toys Podcast? I think they recorded this before all this started, but they actually talk about the ED 209, and one of the hosts said that he talked to someone in Hot Toys and they said it's a different type of rubber than the first one. I can't remember the details, I was half asleep when I listened to it.

And that worked out so well.

I'll be there. Not sure who will attend this year (Howard hasn't in the past but Raymond has, but it depends on schedules and I believe he won't be there this year), but I'll be bringing it up.

Could you also please ask him if its possible to get a movie accurate voice/sound functions while they are fixing the dome?

I'll be there. Not sure who will attend this year (Howard hasn't in the past but Raymond has, but it depends on schedules and I believe he won't be there this year), but I'll be bringing it up.
Thanks, Michael. One of the things I like about your review format is the rated "value" category (even if it doesn't stop anyone from buying, I enjoy the commentary). Generally I'm fine paying these inflated prices because I consider this stuff to be pop art and it's difficult to put a price on one's nostalgia. However, this is definitely a case where as a community we need to send a message that $400.00 for defective product is unacceptable. That's real money that could be spent many other places in one's life more productively than on a rotting sixth scale figure.

Yup, Eamon said they recorded it BEFORE we all realized the rotting.

Back