Media-Movie Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What´s the status on your ED-209?

• Kept it in box, maybe looking into it later.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Out of box, no problems

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Out of box, little cracks, applied lubricant

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Out of box, cracks all over it/returned/sold

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, hope for all of you, but I believe it was A-Dev who said that he thinks that eventually all ED´s are doomed.
Let´s hope for the best and just preserve him as good as it gets until someone comes up with a good, if not great exchange-part-plan...

A few of us have said this actually :lol

Why do I believe it? Because for a few years my original ED seemed fine and I was looking at other people's on here and wondered WTF they were doing with them, how the hell could their's be disintegrating while mine was not. Eventually mine did start drying and cracking though, it just took longer. Matter of time.

Anything new on of your ED's, guys?
Checked mine last week and using rubber care really works.
Aside from the stuff that's there, which even withdrew a bit, nothing negative.
:wave

mine is still in good shape
applied 2nd coat of silicon about 4-6 weeks ago, Im going to make sure it stays shiney as I think when it dries, cracks happen

Is this guy worth it at the current discount? I was going to order Robocop anyways, so with the combo code and reward points it effectively brings ED-209 down to like $210 as an add-on. The cracking dome seems almost inevitable though.

Back