Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has no cracks or any issues. Ive been using the Honda silicone grease ($12) for the dome.

My Ed209 spent 3 months inside its box and I opened it with no problems. 2 months in my detolf now and its still perfect.

I assume it was a bad batch for the first several Ed209s. Opitumbotmis got his in late April.

Mine has no cracks or any issues. Ive been using the Honda silicone grease ($12) for the dome.

My Ed209 spent 3 months inside its box and I opened it with no problems. 2 months in my detolf now and its still perfect.

I assume it was a bad batch for the first several Ed209s. Opitumbotmis got his in late April.

It seems that way considering some people have cracks and others don't, I want yours to be the same so I hope you are right man, really. This is seriously ****ed up that loyal collectors pay hard earned cash and have a defective product :(

I ordered the second it came out in HK, got it some time in April, no cracks
The inconsistently of domes cracking is confusing to me

The inconsistently of domes cracking is confusing to me

^^ Definitely agree. Some say its weather, certain batches, display room conditions and etc.

Matter of fact I had my Ed209 in its box, in a hot daytime living room for 3 months after I received it. Nothing happened to the rubber during that time.

Just checked mine, wich was in its box since may.
So far so good, the dome has no cracks.
Haven't used any grease.
Will buy the honda one tho just in case.
**** you hot toys.

Just checked mine, wich was in its box since may.
So far so good, the dome has no cracks.
Haven't used any grease.
Will buy the honda one tho just in case.
**** you hot toys.

Yup what a shame. I wanted one of these until I saw the dome cracks on some of those YouTube reviews. Here hope HT does a battle damage version to fix the issues.

Yup what a shame. I wanted one of these until I saw the dome cracks on some of those YouTube reviews. Here hope HT does a battle damage version to fix the issues.

It might work in our benefit Gage, like say if they marked down to like 150.00 I might consider it, then I might apply my points to it, and really just get it for a super cheap price, even then though I would be cautious honestly.

Ordered this today using the Halloween code got it got $258 with $$36 in RP. Wont be here until January but ill keep yall posted on the condition....

Yeah, at $258 shipped with $36 in rewards, I am finding it very hard to resist. Just..got's..to..make..it..one..more..day. thnaegelkau.gif

( then the code expires and i'm out of the woods)

i too keep flip flopping back and forth on pickin it up! honestly it sucks to have to spend time on maintenance on a figure... which i'm ok w/ putting some sort of protection on the rubber parts... my only concern in doing so is what is the result of it becoming a dust magnet and it becoming a sloppy mess? anyone that has put honda lube or any of the other recommended things on having trouble with dust getting glopped up all over it?

... my only concern in doing so is what is the result of it becoming a dust magnet and it becoming a sloppy mess? anyone that has put honda lube or any of the other recommended things on having trouble with dust getting glopped up all over it?
I second that, and I'm also curious what the figure looks like after applying some kind of rubber treatment. After doing so, does the figure look and feel wet to the touch, or does it dry and look no different?

Back