Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on! :hi5:

14946916569_51741fb461.jpg

14946955270_eaf19d59d0.jpg

15110621476_39c93c9ed5.jpg

Just checked mine (silicone oil), with a torch and magnifying glass. I thought there was a tiny crack forming, but it was just an wee bit of fluff. Whew!

Only 2 months in though. Won't be happy until I get a year in with no cracks.

Just checked mine (silicone oil), with a torch and magnifying glass. I thought there was a tiny crack forming, but it was just an wee bit of fluff. Whew!

Only 2 months in though. Won't be happy until I get a year in with no cracks.
That is good news! No cracks is a good thing. Fingers crossed!

This thread is like a time bomb I swear.

Clock is ticking....
Agreed. I wonder how long these"fixes" will last? I wonder what is up with Anthropoid? He hasn't chimed in lately. I know he was having health issues. Whoever casts replacement domes should make a good deal of money from all the takers.

iphone torch is a good way of checking.
I was wondering, have you done anything to try to stop the cracking on your dome? If not, how is it holding up? I remember you were the first to discover the cracking. Sucks.:sick

Probably would want to use a product that is made to feed and protect rubber from uv that won't discolor like gummi pflege, just my opinion.

Been doing just one coat for 3 months now. Starting to bubble up (fizz?) and turning a slight green.

Air trapped inside can do that if not evenly applied but I can be wrong though. Can you post pics? I'm curious what it looks like.

Yes, please, if anyone has any suggestions or tips, they would be greatly appreciated. :pray: I don't know anything about this. Just want to make sure I can protect mine when I get to opening him. Thanks!

Not sure how many weeks I've had the Honda silicon on, at least 4.
So far, no visible signs of cracking,maybe it's working, idk

I just got back from my lcs, they had an original ed-209 bd just recently opened for display, yes the original!!! The dome was PERFECT. WTF.

Back