Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[email protected]
Most people, myself included, got the usual generic bot response but there were some that actually received a response that their message would get passed on. I think I sent 4 or 5 emails.

Great! I’ll send them some polite requests. I’m sure they still have time to make some tweaks.

I will say that the teeth on the open mouth head look perfect.

Anyone think the sculpted tattoos are there for the Pers access to work?

I think that might be it.....

Makes a nice easy way to remove a section of the head to get at the eye rollers

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm hoping it's the same magnetic head/neck system as used on TDK batman figures....head pops off with easy access to the eye area..

I'm not a fan of the seams on the back of the head option.

It's nitpicking, but I find it odd that the belt isn't showing on the holographic Maul. It's clearly in the movie and Hasbro got it right on their figure.

20180730_195352.jpg
Today saw the real thing, must buy even got the SS already.

It's nitpicking, but I find it odd that the belt isn't showing on the holographic Maul. It's clearly in the movie and Hasbro got it right on their figure.

That’s the robe covering the belt. Would depend on how he would be standing when ‘phoning home’.

I don't hate the second sculpt as much as some of you do, but it'd be great if HT gave us the 3rd gritting teeth head everyone wants. They have the open mouth finalized and it's a DX release, might as well go for it. Especially for $400!

I don't hate the second sculpt as much as some of you do, but it'd be great if HT gave us the 3rd gritting teeth head everyone wants. They have the open mouth finalized and it's a DX release, might as well go for it. Especially for $400!

That would be awesome. They've botched this one so much (price+sculpts) that I'm actually going to do the unimaginable and not order as is. And other than Vader, Maul is as close to instabuy as I can get.

HT will redo the sculpt, for each individual who wants it....for a modest fee...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Miss it an horn on the regular head too ?
Or just on the laughing hs??
Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

If I were to get this, I’d definitely pose him with the double bladed saber. Speeder would never see the light of day. I’d be willing to bet though that speeder will fetch a pretty penny on the secondary market, due to people getting the DX16 then deciding after all they want the speeder.

Im leaning toward the standard version too, even though that speeder bike looks nice but I will never use it and probably just leave it behind as the background. Unlike the throne chair with Emperor deluxe is a must have due to its iconic image.

I will never use it

Has that ever stopped anyone from buying the extras? How many figures do you have where most of their gear and extras is left behind in the box?

At least the Speeder is a great background piece, almost a character in itself, like the Emperor's chair or Jack Sparrow's steering wheel.

I guess it all depends on how you're posing Maul. If you going without cloak for Naboo fight, then yeah no need for the speeder... but then why do you even need the cloak. If you're going for cloaked Maul, then the speeder behind him is excellent.

You need two Mauls to be fully satisfied. Get HT Maul for Tatooine, and SS Maul for Naboo fight.

**This post is provided to you by the enabler.

Technically, you need three Mauls. One for the speeder, one for the Naboo duel and one for his hologram pose. Frankly, I can live without the speeder. I have the 3 3/4 figure set for that.

Has that ever stopped anyone from buying the extras? How many figures do you have where most of their gear and extras is left behind in the box?

At least the Speeder is a great background piece, almost a character in itself, like the Emperor's chair or Jack Sparrow's steering wheel.

I guess it all depends on how you're posing Maul. If you going without cloak for Naboo fight, then yeah no need for the speeder... but then why do you even need the cloak. If you're going for cloaked Maul, then the speeder behind him is excellent.

You need two Mauls to be fully satisfied. Get HT Maul for Tatooine, and SS Maul for Naboo fight.

**This post is provided to you by the enabler.

giphy.gif

Back