Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t collect 1/6 vehicles. When you start down that path, all hope is lost. :lol

Imagine trying to purchase and subsequently display a friggin 1/6 Millenium Falcon. I’m good with the 3 3/4 version from the Legacy Collection.

I don’t collect 1/6 troopers either. :lol

Part of me wants a Death Trooper though. Those ****ers were bad ass. I have an Empirial display of Mafex, Figuarts and Black Series troopers, so I do have some in that collection.

Yet another path that, once you venture down the winding road, you end up lost forever.

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be—unnatural.”

I limit my 1/6 figure purchases mostly to heroes and villains. Except Palpatine. Screw that ballchinnian. I can never forgive him for what he did to Sam Jackson.

He did give him a sermon and a bullet. Until Palpatine weaseled horse**** into Anakin’s ear. The sad part is, Mace Windu could have taken them both out right then and there. Granted, there would have been an imbalance of the force for another thousand years. :lol

I'm getting with Speeder because I know I'll eventually get that "I wish I had paid that little bit more" thought later down the track.

From previous pic Im pretty sure the whole set with the speeder bike will fit just fine into a Detolf..but still wonder if there is still enough space for Qui-Gon though ?

Up to 6 figures fit on a Detolf shelf. THis speeder and a couple figures will fit easily.

giphy.gif

Lmfao

Get HT Maul for Tatooine, and SS Maul for Naboo fight.

**This post is provided to you by the enabler.

Thanks enabler!

This is the most sensible thing I've heard in this thread yet, and exactly what I'm going to end up doing. I guess my poor old Medicom Maul is getting tossed lol

I don’t collect 1/6 troopers either. :lol

Part of me wants a Death Trooper though. Those ****ers were bad ass. I have an Empirial display of Mafex, Figuarts and Black Series troopers, so I do have some in that collection.

Dude, that's my formula! 1/6 troopers are like crack, never going down that path again lol

Thanks enabler!

This is the most sensible thing I've heard in this thread yet, and exactly what I'm going to end up doing. I guess my poor old Medicom Maul is getting tossed lol

Sideshow basically bested Medicom for everything but accessories, now HT fills that gap and there's really nothing Medi Maul brings to the table.

And another 6 just laying on top of them. Easy.

Only 6? I'm sure you could get nearly 20 if you really tried.

I'm not telling you 5-6 figures is the way to go with a Detolf. I'm just saying there is room if you want to display them that way.

Here's an example.

P1030925.JPG

Granted there's only 5 there but another one could be added. Again, you don't have to like it, some may want to limit to 2 or three per shelf. I see some even display just one. The point is, if you want to, you can find a way to put more in there.

So, in my experience, having Maul and Qui-Gon posed in front of the speeder is more than feasible.

This will be my first Maul since that first action figure in 1999. I definitely never expected to be buying another one, let alone paying over $280 for it. [emoji38]
Same here, I still have the original Hasbro/Kenner in the package lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back