Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow basically bested Medicom for everything but accessories, now HT fills that gap and there's really nothing Medi Maul brings to the table.

Yeah totally, the only thing I still really like in the medicom is the folded arms hands for the "hologram pose" look. I might just keep it just for those hands since I'm sure I wont get any money for that thing lol

I'm not telling you 5-6 figures is the way to go with a Detolf. I'm just saying there is room if you want to display them that way.

Here's an example.

View attachment 421260

Granted there's only 5 there but another one could be added. Again, you don't have to like it, some may want to limit to 2 or three per shelf. I see some even display just one. The point is, if you want to, you can find a way to put more in there.

So, in my experience, having Maul and Qui-Gon posed in front of the speeder is more than feasible.

I guess you don't have earthquakes where you live. If you display your figures like that in Japan you can say goodbye to your collection any day.

I guess you don't have earthquakes where you live. If you display your figures like that in Japan you can say goodbye to your collection any day.

Indeed. I'm lucky enough to live in a pretty quiet area. Could happen as i'm facing the British Isles but they are not moving away fast enough to generate earthquakes...yet :p

Im expecting future release of Qui-Gon Jinn will further boots Darth Maul sales, especially the speeder bike version for those who wanted to re-create Tatooine LS duel scene

*read it Hot Toys i know you been lurking around in here

maul.jpg
mal2.jpg

Im expecting future release of Qui-Gon Jinn will further boots Darth Maul sales, especially the speeder bike version for those who wanted to re-create Tatooine LS duel scene

Or it could be the other way around. DM will propel QGJ sales.

Qui Gon seems like a lock now eventually, but so did Krennic after the success of RO and not one but three versions of Deathtroopers.

But we also never saw a blurred glimpse of ol Krennic in any pics like we have of Qui-Gon. Sadly..

I still think they’ve messed up by not making him. And now the window has passed for R1.

View attachment 421500
View attachment 421501

Looking at these pics..if and when HT QG gets made, will it have both this cloak and the Jedi robe

The Sideshow Qui-Gon is one of their better figures. It displays quite well with other Hot Toys, preferably with the hood and cloak. That said, I’ll be upgrading to the Hot Toys version in a heartbeat.

Still think the 2nd headsculpt should've been like the snarling, teeth gritting movie shot reference. Even my SHFiguarts has a decent attempt at achieving the movie look.

IMG_0346.JPG

Still think the 2nd headsculpt should've been like the snarling, teeth gritting movie shot reference. Even my SHFiguarts has a decent attempt at achieving the movie look.

View attachment 421878

That’s the one everyone seems to want. Really puzzling why HT have completely missed the mark on this one :dunno The figurarts sculpt bears a better likeness as well. At least there’s plenty of time for them to address both head sculpts before release. There going to need to vastly improve both sculpts to temp me into pulling the trigger on this.

I'm going to take this pic and post it on any HT announcement. So they get the message. Too many general "oh it's great", and "wow super figure" comments. Which, yes it is great and super......except for that open singing mouth. Just my opinion and a few others on here. Should be brought to their attention I think.

I'm going to take this pic and post it on any HT announcement. So they get the message. Too many general "oh it's great", and "wow super figure" comments. Which, yes it is great and super......except for that open singing mouth. Just my opinion and a few others on here. Should be brought to their attention I think.

Yes please!

What a great set. Further puts into perspective what SS was charging for bare bones Maul. I love the rolling eyeballs feature on him especially the dynamic head. It would be great to have a snarling sculpt too but I’m very happy with what’s here. I had to get the bundle or I’d kick myself later.

The Sideshow Qui-Gon is one of their better figures. It displays quite well with other Hot Toys, preferably with the hood and cloak. That said, I’ll be upgrading to the Hot Toys version in a heartbeat.

Yeah, he’s aged better than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest gripe with Sideshow’s Qui-Gon was the hair, the long part just in the back and not over the front of his shoulder and wider just didn’t quite feel like Qui-Gon.

- One (1) LED-lighted red double-bladed lightsaber (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) LED-lighted single-bladed lightsaber hilt (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) double-bladed lightsaber hilt (detachable into single-bladed lightsaber)
- One (1) single-bladed lightsaber hilt lid
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)

So if I'm reading this correctly, we'll get 1 LED double bladed saber, 1 non LED double bladed per usual... but then also one 1 LED single saber (assuming the broken in half one?), and one non LED single saber? And in addition to that the saber staff can break apart into two single sabers? o_O

Sounds like a lot of lightsabers.

No, you get a lit and unlit double saber (2 sabers) and lit and unlit BD half saber (2 sabers.)

The fifth bullet point is referring to the triangular, “in motion” saber blades and coming with a pair of those you can use.

No, you get a lit and unlit double saber (2 sabers) and lit and unlit BD half saber (2 sabers.)

The fifth bullet point is referring to the triangular, “in motion” saber blades and coming with a pair of those you can use.

We're on the same page regarding the first sentence. What I was referring to was this "One (1) double-bladed lightsaber hilt (detachable into single-bladed lightsaber)"

So, it sounds like the unlit double bladed saber can be split into two single bladed sabers. So what I am wondering is if this is in addition to the single bladed hilt.

Back