Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have a Vader from all three OT films. I don't know why, I don't need them. But hell... it's Darth Vader. That used to mean something.

Back to Maul: don't need the silly moon-speeder either... but I want it. Like I wanted that damn Hasbro 12"... and that little one for the 3.75" figure. If Maul has nothing else, he's got the coolest speeder.

I keep telling myself the same thing, I only need my R1 Vader. But that ESB version looks better and better all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't notice it at first... now I can't unsee it...

View attachment 420087

Thanks Wor
Bwahaha! Looks like a Kabuki Warrior. :lol

1/6 Sith speeder bike is the second figure, second headsculpt is the extra accessory.

But why you're so angry ? Sideshow charges $500+ for their Scout trooper plus with the scout speeder bike.

Why dont you do the math and compare the value of these two ?
Because I had no interest in that? I don’t collect troopers? Because it’s Sideshow and they take crazy prices to a whole new level?

That doesn’t justify Hot Toys following suit, just like there is no justification for the SSC Maul to have been $240 at a time when Hot Toys figures were around the $210 or $220 mark. Besides that, I’m speaking more about the figure as a whole and not simply the speeder bike option.

My issue isn’t with just this figure. My issue is with the whole damn collectible import toy industry.

Don't forget ROTS Vader with operating table. That's a MUST HAVE figure for me. Could even be a DX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Don’t give them ideas. They’ll do it. And of course, it will be another $400 for more crazies to lap up. :lol

Bwahaha! Looks like a Kabuki Warrior. :lol

Because I had no interest in that? I don’t collect troopers? Because it’s Sideshow and they take crazy prices to a whole new level?

That doesn’t justify Hot Toys following suit, just like there is no justification for the SSC Maul to have been $240 at a time when Hot Toys figures were around the $210 or $220 mark. Besides that, I’m speaking more about the figure as a whole and not simply the speeder bike option.

My issue isn’t with just this figure. My issue is with the whole damn collectible import toy industry.

Don’t give them ideas. They’ll do it. And of course, it will be another $400 for more crazies to lap up. :lol

I think you’re beating a dead horse bro. Nobody likes paying the high price for figures. But at this point, it’s either pay or miss out on some of badass figures of your favorite characters. If you’re asking collectors to go on a strike against toy companies by not paying the high price, it’s simply not going to happen. If we can all just pay $100 for these high end collectibles with this kind of detail, everyone would be all over it. But this is the way of the reality now. Either pay, or miss out. I think majority of us don’t wanna miss out...

Its not just the 'toy companies' that dictate prices... its the consumers as well.

If no one paid these prices, they wouldn't make these figures. There's tons of TFA figures that prove that point.

The $300 basic figure is only a few years away. But it will be a popular figure. One we already have. But better. That's where HT sees the money -- not in expanding lines, but in upgrades of your favorite characters.

Like the diecast gimmick to add $100+ more to Iron Man figures.

Yeah no thanks. Nice Maul DX figure and all, but over 280 for 1 figure with jus an extra headsculpt, pers or not, easy pass. If anything I'll grab the Sideshow v2.

Yeah no thanks. Nice Maul DX figure and all, but over 280 for 1 figure with jus an extra headsculpt, pers or not, easy pass. If anything I'll grab the Sideshow v2.

SS v2 Maul retail is $250 and super bareboned. Unless you’re talking about the secondary market, which I foresee a lot of people dumping that for the HT version.

From my calculation:

Darth Maul (cloak and accesories) - $242
Second head scuplt - $40
Speeder bike + Probe droid - $123

That DX extra sculpt up to now really add much $$ to the total cost which upset people...but that would be a diffrent story months from now if Hot Toys tweak that weird expression and happy ending for everyone!

Yeah, I'll ebay a SS v2 one. $280 for a single figure is past my threshold for what is after all, a (very well made) toy figure.

Its no amazing engineering like say the Takara masterpiece line for Transformers, its "just" a representation of a character you can pose and display. I get its a DX release but the only figure I'd pay that for in 1:6 would be say Vader who is iconic and more complex then a regular character.

I'm not upset about the price I can afford it but 280 just rubs me wrong by principle. 250-260 sure, maybe 270 with more accessories but nah, I'll swoop a SS v2 Maul off the bay.

This release got the robe tho, finally :lol

SS v2 Maul retail is $250 and super bareboned. Unless you’re talking about the secondary market, which I foresee a lot of people dumping that for the HT version.
The SSC Maul was $240, not $250—as I would have bowed out of that ******** price. :lol

I think you’re beating a dead horse bro. Nobody likes paying the high price for figures. But at this point, it’s either pay or miss out on some of badass figures of your favorite characters. If you’re asking collectors to go on a strike against toy companies by not paying the high price, it’s simply not going to happen. If we can all just pay $100 for these high end collectibles with this kind of detail, everyone would be all over it. But this is the way of the reality now. Either pay, or miss out. I think majority of us don’t wanna miss out...
Yeah no. I don’t think anyone expects these to be $100 in the slightest. In fact, that’s probably what it costs to make this. But this year by year, quarter by quarter price creep is adding up for a lot of collectors now. That’s obvious.

Its not just the 'toy companies' that dictate prices... its the consumers as well.

If no one paid these prices, they wouldn't make these figures. There's tons of TFA figures that prove that point.

The $300 basic figure is only a few years away. But it will be a popular figure. One we already have. But better. That's where HT sees the money -- not in expanding lines, but in upgrades of your favorite characters.

Like the diecast gimmick to add $100+ more to Iron Man figures.
That’s true. Collectors do dictate the prices, to a point. Hence, the frustration at seeing how welcoming the steep incline of this overpriced plastic has become—“With thunderous applause.”

I guess more and more of us are going to have to take the hit on collectibles—barring must have releases—until eventually there are so many hold outs that the industry as a whole has no choice but to acknowledge it. That and over saturation. :dunno

At least there’s some recognition that these issues are getting nuts. I was beginning to think I was the one going nuts. :lol

Yeah, it's interesting how much impact these PT characters actually have. Before Hot Toys, I never realized how much I actually like them. These figures even made me wanna watch the PT again.

And then you can remember how bad most of then are....

Maul is a just a cool bad guy. Anakin and Obi are actually OT characters...

Now when Nute Gunray, and Jar Jar are on your shelf, then you can say how much you like PT characters....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Now when Nute Gunray, and Jar Jar are on your shelf, then you can say how much you like PT characters....

Hey now... :lol

I don't like the PT. But I like many of the designs. It's like I really don't like the Burton Batman movie, as a movie, but I love the world, the vision, the design.

I'm still resentful what Darth Maul did to Darth Vader... but I do like Maul as a design.

Which might get me back but they aren't interested in upgrading the figures I want upgraded.

I am definitely priced out with regard any impulse-buying of things that are outside my classic Aliens & Robots focus and very few select Superhero figures. I'm looking at getting the Diecast Mark 7 Iron Man but who knows, when I see the price of that from Timcent when the time comes I might say 'actually nope'.

Back