Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price creep even just in the last year is laughable lol. Calling it now. 350 will be the norm for any standard release for pre-orders at the end of next year =P

Really disappointed with this HT version. I was hoping that they’d nail the head sculpts but instead they look like something out of a Dark Horse comic book?! That along with the price.... Sorry HT but it’s a no from me.

Preordered! First Hot Toy I've bought since around the time of K2SO when I sold off most of my collection, super stoked! :D Love me some phantom menace!

Are there 4 versions of this figure?
Darth Maul
Darth Maul Special Edition (hologram)
Darth Maul w/ Speeder
Darth Maul w/ Speeder Special Edition (hologram)

BTW, I am going for 3 good, 2 bad characters and 3 different troopers per trilogy.

1111.jpg

Why, why, why? Maul's are the most suitable boots to making an articulation point to the ankle.

View attachment 420120

Why, why, why? Maul's are the most suitable boots to making an articulation point to the ankle.

You are damn right... And unless we say or do something as one single voice, they will go ahead with this silly design.

Really disappointed with this HT version. I was hoping that they’d nail the head sculpts but instead they look like something out of a Dark Horse comic book?! That along with the price.... Sorry HT but it’s a no from me.

No that bad.
I'll PO as soon as I get response from my supplier. W/ the speeder o'course.

BUT here a question: what do you guys make of the marketing pictures wrt where the hand will be on the LED hand-lightsaber assembly? I think it should be slightly off-center, but not far away, right? But in the pics... it doesn't look so!

m.

Adding Maul to the checklist, i noticed Dx16 and DX17 are respectively Hot Toys 100th and 101st Star Wars PO. Back when they POed AOTC Yoda and Dooku, i was wondering if they'd celebrate that milestone with a special release. Not quite sure this is intentional but it surely looks like it.

Yup, first figure I wanted that I am NOT paying the price.

Long ago I set my ceiling for fabric , plastic and paint at 250.

I realize their are license issues (always been a factor) and talent to paint them (lets be real here, there are literally thousands of poor Chinese who can do this for nothing) make it more than just paint and cloth....but honestly guys , HT is simply raising priced because they can.

Its plastic and fabric made in sweat shops

Some of this is also a direct reflection of the trade war going on......

These figures could be priced at 100-150 and they could still make a bundle.

And BTW my price point guess several pages back was off by 4 bucks.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You're lucky that you can set 250usd as your limit. Hot Toys ROTJ Luke is 400+ USD at retailers where I live.

Am I the only one that isn't keen on either headsculpt? I much prefer Sideshows Maul!

Am I the only one that isn't keen on either headsculpt? I much prefer Sideshows Maul!

I dare to say no, you are not alone. I've got feeling that HT chose to give him more cartoonish style of look more than trying to achieve movie, Park, version.

I'm surprised that it seems like no one else but SS has PO up for the standard figure. And it is so not worth $282 just for an extra hologram figure.

No you’re not the only one. But look at all the awesome stuff he comes with!? ...but, I sort of expected the price to be lower as their last DX was only 269$... so now I don’t know if I can allow myself getting him when I prefer the sculpt of the one I’ve already got (for way too much as well).... but unfortunately I know my addiction well enough that I’ll probably pre order soon...

I am quitting SSC. I start using EU retailers. Though EU prices are higher, first, shipping is cheaper, and second, they don't charge VAT for me -so instead of paying full VAT + customs, I pay just customs. So, though base price is higher, I pay less. DX16 will cost me 297 USD including shipping and customs.

Back