Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man there's a lot of bad attitudes in here.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to this figure. It's going to be a long wait. I was waiting for SDCC before I bought Sideshow's Maul, Cody, and Jango...the convention was a jackpot for me, ha. I especially didn't want to buy Sideshow's Jango.

I don’t recall specific examples. I know prices have been creeping up gradually but generally it seemed like lower increases. Like under $10 or so. A lot of new figures feel more noticeably high in price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, it’s been within the last year that the big price hikes have occurred across the board, not just in 1/6 or Hot Toys. This should worry everyone who collects this ****. The higher the prices get, the less these things will sell. Meaning, going forward there will be less produced, resulting in potentially even higher prices, due to less volume to pull profit from.

Some of you may not like seeing discussion about this, but it relates to the figure either way. So, I really don’t see the point in trying to censor the topic. Or would you rather continue the blind praise and hear further bitching about the shoddy second headsculpt?

Yep, it’s been within the last year that the big price hikes have occurred across the board, not just in 1/6 or Hot Toys. This should worry everyone who collects this ****. The higher the prices get, the less these things will sell. Meaning, going forward there will be less produced, resulting in potentially even higher prices, due to less volume to pull profit from.

Some of you may not like seeing discussion about this, but it relates to the figure either way. So, I really don’t see the point in trying to censor the topic. Or would you rather continue the blind praise and hear further bitching about the shoddy second headsculpt?

Sure prices have increased, but for me the quality of the quality of the figures has also increased.

I will say though the Sideshow increases have been far worse. Quality hasn’t improved and a lot of figures lack accessories and yet their releases have gone from being largely around the $200 mark (slightly more or less) to around $240-$250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotfl :goodpost:

I tried to give you some credit for that one "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wor-Gar again".

No worries. Its so weird that rep has a finality to it. I haven't seen my green rep thingies change in years.

Right?

It’d basically be doing this on your shelf:

GenerousVacantHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

:lol

That's how I would feel, especially now after mentioning it. It's like, I can't unsee it laughing at me...

icon 2.jpg

Ha! Ha! Ha! You spend $400 on me. Me! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I personally don't like the fact that prices are going up, but I do think there are reasons behind the increases other than "just greed". Of course pricing has gone up drastically in the last 10+ years, but so has the quality of the sculpts and paint application. When quality went up, this attracted the attention of future collectors.

That being said, when demand for a high quality product is desired you have to bring in top talent. Top talent wants more money. As popularity and demand rises so do artist wages, not to mention the rising cost of licensing.

Production is another thing to consider. Materials to make figures now are higher quality and cost more due to the rising cost oil and other commodities. Not only that but you have to consider upgrades to the manufacturing process. They are spitting these figures out way ahead of schedule now which could probably be attributed to upgrades in equipment, R&D, manpower etc etc.

Is it really HT's fault for charging us more or is it the consumers fault for demanding a higher quality product that we want not a year from now, but yesterday?

I figured this would be north of $350, as the bike lights up. $405 is a bit crazy, but so am I. The speeder is cool, so I will get it. I haven’t noticed it mentioned, but is that a qui gon tease in one of the maul promo pics?
This release is why I skipped ss maul v2 and makes me question getting skiff lando.

People like you always have the exact same thing to say, look into another hobby. Its a stupid comment, you have no idea what someone buys or has. My funko collection alone is probably worth more than anything you got. No ones crying except you about people crying. If you don't like someone's comment, keep scrolling. Most figures these days lose value, people aren't paying these prices as much and they've oversaturated the market.

How you have the audacity to complain about an oversaturated, overpriced hot toys market as a Funko collector? Your comment makes 0 sense.. :lol

And please, practice what you preach, you don’t know what I collect besides HTs...lol I know the hobby I’m into isn’t cheap, so once I become prized out, I’ll gladly bow out.

Btw since you wanna bring up your awesome funko millionaire collection...take a seat please

C4859207-5F9A-4385-8C92-78EB742DC85A.jpeg

Why dont you guys look at SideShow speeder bike price tag ? With the SS Scout trooper the total set more than $500 already

This DX version includes 2 figures, Maul and Sith bike (with light up function)..and its Hot Toys quality.

Why dont you guys look at SideShow speeder bike price tag ?

This DX version includes 2 figures, Maul and Sith bike (with light up function)

For real, the figure is loaded 405$ doesn’t seem like a ridiculous price tag when a barebones mk50 is more

I personally don't like the fact that prices are going up, but I do think there are reasons behind the increases other than "just greed". Of course pricing has gone up drastically in the last 10+ years, but so has the quality of the sculpts and paint application. When quality went up, this attracted the attention of future collectors.

That being said, when demand for a high quality product is desired you have to bring in top talent. Top talent wants more money. As popularity and demand rises so do artist wages, not to mention the rising cost of licensing.

Production is another thing to consider. Materials to make figures now are higher quality and cost more due to the rising cost oil and other commodities. Not only that but you have to consider upgrades to the manufacturing process. They are spitting these figures out way ahead of schedule now which could probably be attributed to upgrades in equipment, R&D, manpower etc etc.

Is it really HT's fault for charging us more or is it the consumers fault for demanding a higher quality product that we want not a year from now, but yesterday?
Some valid points. And all are true. However, taking a look over the last ten months... I’m still taken aback by just how much some of this hobby has leapt forward in cost. It’s staggering. We may not see a jump like it for a few years, but still.

By the way, some of you are going to be extremely disappointed if you’re thinking there are actually two figures in the box. It’s just a second headsculpt.

Don’t get me wrong, if I had an extreme urge to have DM in my SW collection, I’d gladly hand over $280 (would have no interest in the speeder). :lol

Fortunately, I just don’t have an urge to have him in my collection. Even if I did go beyond RotS Anakin and Kenobi as far as the PT goes, I’d probably go for Dooku and Yoda first before I went for Maul.

Back