Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which might get me back but they aren't interested in upgrading the figures I want upgraded.

I am definitely priced out with regard any impulse-buying of things that are outside my classic Aliens & Robots focus and very few select Superhero figures. I'm looking at getting the Diecast Mark 7 Iron Man but who knows, when I see the price of that from Timcent when the time comes I might say 'actually nope'.

I do wish they'd revisit Aliens marines. That was fun -- when HT was first starting out and so was Freaks still.

Mk 7 is likely going to be well over $400. AND it might have an 'accessory set' too -- HT's new way to pull money from your wallet.

The way I see it unless you’re able to get Sideshow’s Maul for way cheap it’s still not a great overall value. All you’re getting there is the figure and non-LED lightsaber. Maybe if you find the deluxe you’ll get the cut in half exclusive lightsaber. You don’t even get the cloak.

At least with this you’re getting a good package. The figure with two sculpts and the cloak plus a fair amount of accessories even if you get just the regular version (probe droid, two different LED lightsabers, binoculars, hologram).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess more and more of us are going to have to take the hit on collectibles—barring must have releases—until eventually there are so many hold outs that the industry as a whole has no choice but to acknowledge it. That and over saturation. :dunno

At least there’s some recognition that these issues are getting nuts. I was beginning to think I was the one going nuts. :lol

You’re not the only one. I was looking forward to HT War Machine Mark 4, but then I saw that crazy price. $415 for a single figure?! Hell no I ain’t paying that. HT priced me outta that one. I think everyone got a price ceiling that they have and mine just hit for War Machine mark 4.

Its not just the 'toy companies' that dictate prices... its the consumers as well.

If no one paid these prices, they wouldn’t make these figures.

:exactly:

Always remember: You don’t have to buy, but they have to sell in order to stay in business.

When I was a young man I never thought I'd be playing with dolls when I grew up.

Gonna play in this sandbox as long as I can afford to.
I don’t think any of us did! :lol

And same here. Sadly, I think I’m going to hone in on only Star Wars from this point forward. Any deviation will be strict and swiftly calculated and have to be within the boundaries of certain DC and Dragon Ball characters. Just can’t justify the damage anymore. My bank probably wants to kill me. :rotfl

Which might get me back but they aren't interested in upgrading the figures I want upgraded.

I am definitely priced out with regard any impulse-buying of things that are outside my classic Aliens & Robots focus and very few select Superhero figures. I'm looking at getting the Diecast Mark 7 Iron Man but who knows, when I see the price of that from Timcent when the time comes I might say 'actually nope'.
I’ve got a feeling impulse buying is going to be on the decline. It’s a shame, because I’ve gotten some great figures I wouldn’t have otherwise picked up. I’ve never liked focusing solely one on type of collection. Meh.

It definitely helps you zero in on what's important on your shelf. Also, it helps the space situation, because I run out of space well ahead of running out of money.

Focus is a good thing.

My target for the PT is likely mostly all villains. Most of which have just been offered by HT. So I'm nearly done. :lol

Grievous and Nute is all I need. And Sebula. And that's all. Grievous, Nute and Sebula. And maybe Rune Harko in a two-pack with Nute. And that's all!

That's true. There's nothing missing from Maul here... except Nute Gunray.
Screw that fishhead. :lol

Anakin is the one that killed him. He should come with his severed head.

You’re not the only one. I was looking forward to HT War Machine Mark 4, but then I saw that crazy price. $415 for a single figure?! Hell no I ain’t paying that. HT priced me outta that one. I think everyone got a price ceiling that they have and mine just hit for War Machine mark 4.
Eh, I’ve only ever liked Iron Man’s mk III suit, so getting the diecast for that was all I ever needed. And it was a whopping $350! Yikes, I actually feel bad for Iron Man collectors for once.

:exactly:

Always remember: You don’t have to buy, but they have to sell in order to stay in business.
Indeed. Just look at the sheer amounts of Hot Toys you can still purchase on bbts. I’d say they’re already having trouble unloading some of their stock.

Im bracing myself for couple more of PTS, ESB Han + Chewie, and 'dis chair, and 'dat lamp..then Im out of this haunted hobby for good :pfft:

I gotta rephrase myself.. 280 is too much for Darth Maul but if say Hot Toys manned up and did a Alien Queen figure topping NECA's 2015 release.. I'd sell a kidney!

As already said Maul is just a cool bad guy, not a must have for me like OT Vader, Yoda, Emperor etc.

but again... nice robe!

It definitely helps you zero in on what's important on your shelf. Also, it helps the space situation, because I run out of space well ahead of running out of money.

Focus is a good thing.

My target for the PT is likely mostly all villains. Most of which have just been offered by HT. So I'm nearly done. :lol

Grievous and Nute is all I need. And Sebula. And that's all. Grievous, Nute and Sebula. And maybe Rune Harko in a two-pack with Nute. And that's all!
Why on earth would you want Sebulba? o_O

Im bracing myself for couple more of PTS, ESB Han + Chewie, and 'dis chair, and 'dat lamp..then Im out of this haunted hobby for good :pfft:

3EGl.gif

Preordered the speeder set at Timewalker. I still haven’t paid $400 for a figure thanks to the $9 off!

I personally don't like the fact that prices are going up, but I do think there are reasons behind the increases other than "just greed". Of course pricing has gone up drastically in the last 10+ years, but so has the quality of the sculpts and paint application. When quality went up, this attracted the attention of future collectors.

That being said, when demand for a high quality product is desired you have to bring in top talent. Top talent wants more money. As popularity and demand rises so do artist wages, not to mention the rising cost of licensing.

Production is another thing to consider. Materials to make figures now are higher quality and cost more due to the rising cost oil and other commodities. Not only that but you have to consider upgrades to the manufacturing process. They are spitting these figures out way ahead of schedule now which could probably be attributed to upgrades in equipment, R&D, manpower etc etc.

Is it really HT's fault for charging us more or is it the consumers fault for demanding a higher quality product that we want not a year from now, but yesterday?
Finally, an intelligent analysis. Bravo, sir...bravo
f818448077e1035a4a02819aaa9a17d9.gif

As much as part of me wanted the speeder, I have found that even my figure stands stay in the boxes. I really wouldn't use it... So I opted for the regular one, and will put the difference toward another figure. Can't wait for this though!

The room comment.... I have to stop collecting because of this. I play to get neo l luke jedi wolf predator heavy weapon version and buy this maul if the size is taller than my custom. Selling everything that didn't fit in those cases
1d66738be10edeef3ac2e26326bdd0ab.jpg
25385055d32b51b38af9369c794074f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry to go off laughing sculpt topic, BUT.., what kusanagi motoko fig is that in the bottom?

Back