Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Tom Hanks hair turned blond in Castaway. Most people with brown hair it turns a lighter shade in the summer. something to do with melanin in your skin and hair being affected by the Sun.

The sun bleaches the melanin in the strans of hair.
This is very common in the caribbean and continues to happen to this day.

Just saw.
Easily the 2nd best movie of the franchise.

Although I think this DX has the hair wrong. Dreads are hardly visible, Jack just has flowing shaggy blondish hair. Like the first one but blonde.

As was mentioned, wouldn't count out HT remedying this before release.

After seeing the movie, I still would really like to see Salazar and Barbosa made. Barbosa has been long overdue and I'll take him in any form at this point. I suppose I'd prefer pre-peg leg, but if they ever did make him, he'd likely be from the newest film. Visually, Salazar would make a great figure, as would a Davy Jones 2.0 if they ever went back and remade him with that seemingly forgotten 2.0 Cannibal Jack. Salazar and his crew looked amazing. That floating hair would look really eerie if done right.

No Barbossa at all from HT would be a downright shame. Like you said I would go for any version. My favorite is his classic look, but I really do like his outfit in DMTNT as a very close second. I'd be happy to get it.

After seeing the movie, I still would really like to see Salazar and Barbosa made. Barbosa has been long overdue and I'll take him in any form at this point. I suppose I'd prefer pre-peg leg, but if they ever did make him, he'd likely be from the newest film. Visually, Salazar would make a great figure, as would a Davy Jones 2.0 if they ever went back and remade him with that seemingly forgotten 2.0 Cannibal Jack. Salazar and his crew looked amazing. That floating hair would look really eerie if done right.

Well, At this rate and the fact that Pirates 6 isn't 100% surely to be made. I would say it's a least a 4-5 year wait for a Davy Jones. I ordered the bootleg XD Toys Captain Octopous. I hope that one turns out okay.

Well, At this rate and the fact that Pirates 6 isn't 100% surely to be made. I would say it's a least a 4-5 year wait for a Davy Jones. I ordered the bootleg XD Toys Captain Octopous. I hope that one turns out okay.

Be curious to see how that bootleg ultimately looks, the ad photos right now are the original HT Jones.

The eBay auction I saw was like almost $175 after, that seems high for a bootleg, sure the original would probably fetch $600+ now, but most bootlegs of something like this end up vinyl casts.

Saw the movie yesterday. Very cool. Hope we get more than Jack from this license.

one more available on BBTS if you want to lock in a preorder without the deposit

Looks like release was updated at BBTS, original date was December I believe and now Q1 2018, maybe they'll make revisions to the smirk head.

Looks like release was updated at BBTS, original date was December I believe and now Q1 2018, maybe they'll make revisions to the smirk head.

Don't get peoples issue with the smirking head. Looks great to me.

Don't get peoples issue with the smirking head. Looks great to me.

I don't have any other Jack Sparrow. The smirk looks good to me too.

Well my order is in.
Don't really buy 1/6 anymore and got rid of 90% of them but DX Jack Sparrow is the only one I've regretted not owning anymore.

This new one is basically better in every way, and I love dio style bases.

After seeing the movie, I really wish they would've gone with something like this instead of the smirk:

Jack-Sparrow-DX-Collection-Figure-4_1300967079.jpg

Pirates 6 will be made; so far they have made a TON of money on the film worldwide; not-so-much in the US. Opened the other day and already made $369.9M worldwide and $89.6M in the US. Already paid for itself in just a few days. No problem. https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean#tab=summary

BTW, this figure looks totally amazing. Looks just like Depp.

The smirk is the best overall expressive face for Jack to summarize the character, the ideal situation would be like multiple face plates with one PERS system to attach them too.

The smirk is the best overall expressive face for Jack to summarize the character, the ideal situation would be like multiple face plates with one PERS system to attach them too.

If given the choice I'd opt for more face plates instead of the base.

Back