Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Other than being made for the old, crazy broad shoulder True Type body HT doesn't use anymore, I actually thought Will Turner was the best overall POTC from Hot Toys back with the AWE and DMC lines.

Rick Perry? Oh c'mon I'm not THAT stupid.

rick-perry-oops-o.gif

Just saw the movie last night, better than I had expected. Considering ordering this now....

Base to me made sense just based on the preview. :lol

I seemed to miss a lot of the previews on this one for some reason. Knew I was gonna be seeing it either way. But the involved scene was pretty cool.

Preordered today. I was going to wait but got worried this might go quick like Vader did the weekend Rogue One opened.

Just got out of the movie. If you're even remotely a fan of the first flick this one ranks right there with it. They really put some effort into bringing back the fun, excitement, and Jacks ridiculous antics. lol Hope you guys enjoy it. Glad I preordered the figure.

Just saw.
Easily the 2nd best movie of the franchise.

Although I think this DX has the hair wrong. Dreads are hardly visible, Jack just has flowing shaggy blondish hair. Like the first one but blonde.

Even more excited for this after the movie. Please do Barbossa as well Hot Toys. He's a must at this point.

Will Turner would be awesome as well. Really like his outfit here with the bandanna.

Seems you guys enjoyed a movie. So many reviewers kinda dislike this movie. But who cares with them if you liked it.

Just saw.
Easily the 2nd best movie of the franchise.

Although I think this DX has the hair wrong. Dreads are hardly visible, Jack just has flowing shaggy blondish hair. Like the first one but blonde.

Always possible for HT to refine it before release, but Jack's hair looks close enough to OST that they took the DX06 hair, removed some of the hard plastic bits and replaced them with fake hair and added his new beads.

I just preordered Jack and used my $201 in SS rewards :yess:

I hope Hot Toys do a bit more refining in a few areas, which I think will happen. The new base is so ridiculously insane that I can't help but love it.

Always possible for HT to refine it before release, but Jack's hair looks close enough to OST that they took the DX06 hair, removed some of the hard plastic bits and replaced them with fake hair and added his new beads.

Yeah they've likely based it on the promo shots and it DOES look like OST In pics.
But not at all in the movie itself.

Edit: looking at the pics again, some of the upper sections of his hair are sculpted as hair instead of dreads, but they're way too prominent in the mid and lower sections.

Looks to me like it's mainly the loose hair on his left side being longer, and on DX15 they've made that part out of long, fake hair where it was short and sculpted on DX06.

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

Back