Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

I just saw the film, and By God I can't wait for Jack. I want more though. Hot toys needs to give this franchise the old Marvel treatment. Barbossa, Sean, Turner, Gibbs, the duo that stays together in each film, hell, I want Blackbeard, Salzar, Davy Jones, and even Swan's father. I'd buy the prison dog with the keys in its mouth too!!!

I second this statement. :clap POTC needs more love from HT! I personally don't see them doing anything past Jack though.

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Yeah that's my kinda thinking. We need more HT Pirates figures. I'd get all versions of Barbossa, Davy Jones 2.0, Will Turner - DMC and DMTNT, dog with key absolutely. Having at least two figures would help drive sales for Jack as well I'm sure.

Original Barbossa? Instant buy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barbossa - Present in all 5 films = no figure

Sao Feng - About 15 mins of screentime in one film = 2 figures.

Hot Toys, you crazy!

And I knoooooow the star power of Chow Yun Fat in China made them do it....STILL CRAZY THOUGH!
I have one HT Sao Feng figure so I'm part of the problem :lol

I wish I didn't have to sell off my POTC collection, I actually liked the Will Turner a lot, Davy Jones was of course awesome. Elizabeth had a great portrait but the hair was bad and she was a bit too tall.

Of the figures made the Barbossa should come before, Angelica is a greater crime than Sao Feng.

We need v2.0 of Will, Elizabeth and Davy Jones along with v1.0 of Barbossa, Blackbeard and dead Salazaar.

With what HT could do today, I still think Skeleton Jack from Curse could be an amazing figure.

Barbossa HT preview image released!!!

Wishful thinking......

dedfa88ed352ef64186646bd910a8ca1.jpg

I wish I didn't have to sell off my POTC collection, I actually liked the Will Turner a lot, Davy Jones was of course awesome. Elizabeth had a great portrait but the hair was bad and she was a bit too tall.

Of the figures made the Barbossa should come before, Angelica is a greater crime than Sao Feng.

We need v2.0 of Will, Elizabeth and Davy Jones along with v1.0 of Barbossa, Blackbeard and dead Salazaar.

With what HT could do today, I still think Skeleton Jack from Curse could be an amazing figure.

I forgot Angelica....blegh.

I'd love to have all the villain captains. Davy Jones 2.0 needs to happen. As a 10 (or so) year old figure it's still in my top 5 favorites, but an updated version with todays standards would destroy my senses.

I remember seeing a proto of that Flying Dutchman "I dropped me brain" version of Jack in a magazine scan waaaaaay back when. I would have liked to get that. It would have made a great con exclusive.

HT teased a new Cannibal King Jack and throne around the time DX06 came out and here we are, if HT won't even milk Jack figures, what chance has anyone else.

Super long shot but I'd enjoy a Gibbs, he and Barbossa are key in Jack's life, Barbossa keeps Jack at the top of his game and Gibbs keeps him in check.

I've already pre-ordered the pre-order for Barbossa in my mind. Now all we need is for HT to actually announce him.

I suppose it won't fit into a detolf with that diorama right...? I read that the diorama is "flexible", it means that the stand parts can be bent? sounds strange to me.

From the videos I've seen of the prototype, it looks to me that the stand is of somilar construction of the one used with their IronMan figures.
Which means that it's more of a bendy tube/pole.

Yep, I really like that pose too. Very fitting for Captain Jack.

Overall I see a lot of small improvements over the previous figure, and it looks great to me.

There are plenty of poses or even subtle variations on that pose you could do, even HT's official pics have him on the base in sword poses and such. I'm sure may will take to the pose seen because it reminds them of the first glimpse we ever got of Jack Sparrow in Curse and it's a classic image.

Back