Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Pirates 6 will be made; so far they have made a TON of money on the film worldwide; not-so-much in the US. Opened the other day and already made $369.9M worldwide and $89.6M in the US. Already paid for itself in just a few days. No problem. https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean#tab=summary

BTW, this figure looks totally amazing. Looks just like Depp.

I would have said this is likely the last one .... until Johnny Depp's recently hit serious money troubles.
He's actually not much of a bankable star on his own but Pirates and Jack Sparrow give him one of the biggest paycheques in the industry.

He'll definitely do 6 :D

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

It's strongly implied that there's going to be one more, but according to some press conferences they're waiting to see how it goes. I don't see why not since the appeal is obviously there especially internationally. Not to mention the long history of the attraction at Disney Parks. The last one alone made over a billion and this one should climb as well. I hope it continues to do good at the box office so they green light the next one. Hopefully there's some news at D23. This is one of my favorite movie franchises.

The smirk is the best overall expressive face for Jack to summarize the character, the ideal situation would be like multiple face plates with one PERS system to attach them too.

I would agree. Although with this particular diorama base, I was thinking that the smirk sculpt might not conform well what's going on in the diorama. However, then again, it actually perhaps would because Jack knows he's going to find a way out of the situation.

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Finally Saw the movie! The sculpt / smirk the base everything makes sense. Probably the movie is as good as the first one. Never was a fan of the other in the series.
Would love to have Barbosa! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To those who have seen the movie:
Was Will Turner turing into something like Davy Jones? He had all these barnicles on him, so I now wonder if he was actually doing his assigned task or not.

It was never explained if he was doing his job. At world's end, Will could remove the barnacles when he became captain of the ship so it was weird that they were there again in this movie. Probably means he was not doing his job? Also when Will told Henry to go as the crew knew he was there was weird. He was captain why would he fear the crew? He was the one with the power. Too many questions unanswered.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not to mention Bootstrap Bill was MIA.

Which I found odd given how many Disney/Marvel movie Stellan Skarsgard has done, you'd think pops would come to join the family too at the end. I think they were counting on people not caring to be quite frank.

Regarding this figure, I noticed in some publicity shots, Jack's boots are dark like in Curse, almost black looking, wonder if HT will update the boots before release. It doesn't bother me either way since I'm not going for my Jack figure to match any one movie, but it's something I hadn't noticed before, I thought DST messed up making their boots dark but they're accurate.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales_Jpq95i.jpg

Guys, movie discussions in the movie section please. Or put up spoiler tags.

It was never explained if he was doing his job. At world's end, Will could remove the barnacles when he became captain of the ship so it was weird that they were there again in this movie. Probably means he was not doing his job? Also when Will told Henry to go as the crew knew he was there was weird. He was captain why would he fear the crew? He was the one with the power. Too many questions unanswered.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice.

Not to mention Bootstrap Bill was MIA.

Exactly.

Guys, movie discussions in the movie section please. Or put up spoiler tags.
Apologies. I didn't think it was a spoiler seeing as how we have to assume what's going on.

Pirates 6 will be made; so far they have made a TON of money on the film worldwide; not-so-much in the US. Opened the other day and already made $369.9M worldwide and $89.6M in the US. Already paid for itself in just a few days. No problem. https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean#tab=summary

BTW, this figure looks totally amazing. Looks just like Depp.

It's like you're reading my mind....😳😆👍🏻

Great! I preordered 2 of them. I missed the first version so now I won't let it escape. Looks great to me (except for the likeness in the smiling face, I hope it'll look better in hand, they have plenty of time to improve it).

I have this guy on preorder through BBTS. Took my fiance to see the movie then showed her the figure. She's a huge Pirates fan. Much to my surprise she said she thought this figure looked nothing like Depp. Call me crazy but I think the likeness is very strong.

Did she say this before or after you showed her the price? If the latter, perhaps it's just merely being said as a way to discourage you from spending $260 on a doll. :lol

I don't see Depp in the smirking head, I do in the serious head.

Did she say this before or after you showed her the price? If the latter, perhaps it's just merely being said as a way to discourage you from spending $260 on a doll. :lol

I never show her the prices haha I figure it's better for her health that way. I think she still views Jack as he was in Pirates 1, even though Depp has clearly aged in the almost 15 years since the original!

I just saw the film, and By God I can't wait for Jack. I want more though. Hot toys needs to give this franchise the old Marvel treatment. Barbossa, Sean, Turner, Gibbs, the duo that stays together in each film, hell, I want Blackbeard, Salzar, Davy Jones, and even Swan's father. I'd buy the prison dog with the keys in its mouth too!!!

After watching a 2nd time around i'm convinced Barbosa and Will get a release with plenty extras and Salazar.I'm predicting we see all 3 Caps in a release sometime i hope.:pray: Loved it just as much 1st time around good fun fast paced movie.

I'd be quite surprised to see any other figures come other than Jack, if we do get one, my bet would be Salazaar and as a Con figure like Angelica with some exclusive that could compliment the Jack figure to drive sales of both. I could almost see them doing an extra like a young Jack head so if you bought an old Jack figure and removed the majority of extras im his costume you can slap the new head on and have a young Jack figure.

Back