HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Sallah, we now know those "promotional shots" of the belt are from shoddy looking costume tests taken in front of the Grissom mural.
x0VlWcq.jpg

M497hq1.jpg

8DEjFgp.jpg

Versus the one actually being worn by Keaton in a real publicity shoot by Herb Ritts...
xJxx5VW.png

6rkf4mK.jpg

9ElA3GU.jpg

Yellow?
n3WDFge.jpg

The dark copper belts of today make Keaton's brass belts seem retroactively yellower in the eyes of the masses.

Interesting about the circular design on the belt buckle, also seen in the Bale belts. Echoes the very first utility belt.

BTW Sallah, did you know the press conference at the beginning of the movie was filmed in the Pinewood Studios executive dining room?

Five more Thursdays left in 2014, the question is which one will be the one where this masterpiece goes up for PO.

In a perfect world, this Thanksgiving Thursday.

Then I'd like:

Thursday, December 4 - MMS271 Ellen Ripley (ALIEN)
Thursday, December 11 - MMS272 Ellen Ripley/Powerloader (ALIENS)
Thursday, December 18 - MMS273 Drax The Destroyer (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY)

and the greatest Christmas present I could ask for:

Thursday, December 25 - MMS276 1973 Magneto (X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST)

Five more Thursdays left in 2014, the question is which one will be the one where this masterpiece goes up for PO.

In a perfect world, this Thanksgiving Thursday.

Then I'd like:

Thursday, December 4 - MMS271 Ellen Ripley (ALIEN)
Thursday, December 11 - MMS272 Ellen Ripley/Powerloader (ALIENS)
Thursday, December 18 - MMS273 Drax The Destroyer (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY)

and the greatest Christmas present I could ask for:

Thursday, December 25 - MMS276 1973 Magneto (X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST)

If it doesn't go up before the end of December does that mean it's not likely until much later next year? Do they do PO's in the first quarter of the year?

The longer the wait the more rewards points i'll throw at this release. I'm betting go up end of December to go with the Returns time line in the movie. I'm still :pray: 4 Penguin and catwoman. It bugs the Hell we can get every thing 4 nolan trilogy. There's No way they can just pass on the other 2 key character's.

Last edited:
If anything make feel like the old price point with the rewards. Also i think sideshow changed rules on using rewards points because i used rewards on my spiderman and still getting rewards from that buy. I didnt think earned any rewards if used rewards on purchase.

Last edited:
I think Sideshow changed its policy on rewards points almost a year or so ago.

I hope Howard and HT are being coy about Catwoman and the Penguin. Fingers crossed we get pics at SDCC.

I'm clicking obsessively on this thread.

People have said 'DX is dead' but is there any evidence for that, anything HT have said?

I don't think so, it's probably just a natural reaction to the disappointing sales of DX14. HT enjoyed a pretty nice run there, from DX11 to DX13. May DX15 put things back on track. :lecture

Mime Joker could have been a release to stall people while they developed Returns and Star Wars. Remember, Anakin Skywalker was planned until they got their approval to go all in and have the rights themselves.

I don't have any thing to back it up, but I really do think the Police Shootout T-800 was intended to be a DX, but was dropped last second like the Chris Reeve Superman (which was confirmed as a DX, but dropped). I'm hoping the wait for Returns Batman is because it's going to be a complex, balls to the walls release. Possibly even a two pack ala Captain America, BD Robo Murphy, Stormtroopers, Bat-signal, etc. After seeing how well they did with the Peter Weller, Chris Pratt, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Ben Kingsley sculpts, it'd be a crime if Michael Keaton didn't get the same treatment. Between Birdman: The Unexpected Virture of Ignorance and this Batman Keaton/Batman 1989 resurgence, it feels like the stars are aligning. Maybe this is just a case of Hot Toys putting a lot of effort in a time consuming release and saving the best for last . . . or maybe they'll just half ass it like Arkham Batman.

I really wish you're right, DiFabio... put I can't see a double pack for Keaton... It's like HT has been forced to put out this line...

I have to agree on this being still put together after displayed at comic con's this year. Its to bearbones to be released with just the new suit. I dont see the DX LINE stopping and i love the p.e.r.s eyes on my dx jokers and other's. I understand some hating pers eyes but can be amazing on right figure's. I'm holding out and betting on a LOADED DX BATMAN RETURNS with Keaton in turtle neck or black suit n tye along with the glider and those wonderfull bat gadget's. Again I want my PENGUIN and think he Should be a dx with a couple bodys n outfits and a bunch of umbrella's. I dont buy hot toys passing on PENGUIN he is too cool a figure to not make. The Penguin is perfect for a dx release with tons of extra's just begging to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back