HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being a comedian. The dx09 was my first hot toy because the likeness was too much too resist. I wanted to have my childhood hero in front of me. This one, looks different/cool but aside from his mouth there's just not a really strong likeness. I see it sorta but idk, I'm hoping it's just a proto issue. I'm still buying it
Oh - it looks like him alright.. :wink1: but I wasn't trying to be nasty dude. :lol

I re-watched the film yesterday. Quoted it word for word as I did.
It's interesting to pick up on just how messed up and twisted it is.
A lot of adult innuendo.

Yeah looking back, Returns is easily the most twisted and demented of any Batman series.

Shreck tempts the penguin to run for mayor with "unlimited poontang." Needless to say its not as kid friendly as, say the Adam West version

It probably still is. They wanted to sell toys off it probably (hence Batman and Robin) and help generate sales, being family friendly would also help by bringing in more kids. Parents wouldn't want to risk it with a very dark film. Let's not forget that Burton's had some sort of humor and child friendly tone to an extent, at least compared to 1989 and Returns.

Also, let's not forget that Catwoman was the ***** Penguin was looking for :rotfl I remember just staring, jaw open, that Penguin actually just said that

And he whips out a couple bottles of lube!!! I don't even remember seeing that when I first saw this movie back when I was like 8 (nice parenting mom and dad, but I guess I wouldn't know what lube was used for back then anyways) and watching that scene now I can't believe they actually allowed Burton to use that kind of dialogue in a film with children's toys attached to it!!

Some fuel for the fire...
2665089-image.jpg
2665090-image.jpg
2665091-image.jpg

2665116-image.jpg
2665115-image.jpg
2664771-image.jpg

The color of Jack's shirt is a powerful clue. The Flash, clearly influenced by B89, also had gold/brass/bronze pieces that could appear yellow.

82037.jpg

2665110-image.jpg

I really liked that flash tv series, I thought it was good and I liked the guy that played flash as well. That shouldn't have gotten cancelled man.

Can't wait to PO this figure. With my modified batmobile it could do a great Returns display!
( sort for the bad cellular pic...i also wait to display it properly as i moved a few weeks ago...)

:wink1:

Can't wait to PO this figure. With my modified batmobile it could do a great Returns display!
( sort for the bad cellular pic...i also wait to display it properly as i moved a few weeks ago...)

Good work, Rondesmo!

I too prefer the black hubcaps look and have considered turning mine into a Batman Returns Batmobile. Did you change anything else? Let me know what kind of window-whipers you will use.

Good work, Rondesmo!

I too prefer the black hubcaps look and have considered turning mine into a Batman Returns Batmobile. Did you change anything else? Let me know what kind of window-whipers you will use.

In fact when i discovered for the first time Jedster's one i knew that if i will buy it i would do the same! So first thanks to Jedster that give me the courage to fix the colour of the rims!
To answer to your question the rims was the only changing. I won't change anything else and don't think add whispers. But it could be a great idea! I want to display as a 89 or 92 batmobile following my mood!

That's the other big disappointment for me. This is the cowl that looks friggin awesome on the back of the neck/head.

Djeez, like you will look at his neck/back of his head the whole time, or will you pose your figure with his rear end to display.

In fact when i discovered for the first time Jedster's one i knew that if i will buy it i would do the same! So first thanks to Jedster that give me the courage to fix the colour of the rims!
To answer to your question the rims was the only changing. I won't change anything else and don't think add whispers. But it could be a great idea! I want to display as a 89 or 92 batmobile following my mood!

Your paint job looks great, but to be clear, the dark silver/gunmetal rims aren't "wrong"...if you mean to display it as the 89 version. Making them black only "fixes" them if you are going for the Batman Returns look. The rims were NOT the same color in both films, so displaying it as a 89 or 92 depending on your mood really comes down to your willingness to constantly repaint...or your imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back