HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want mooooooooore Hot Toys...

the_penguin_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d518t1w.jpg

the_penguin_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d519w1q.jpg

red_triangle_gang_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d52s0ji.jpg

catwoman+new5%5B4%5D.jpg

it_s___a_blur__by_sean_dabbs_fx-d671tfd.jpg

catwoman_v2_1_6_scale_action__figure_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d7msrx2.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

All credits to Sean Dabbs except Max Schreck from Elvis1976.

Your paint job looks great, but to be clear, the dark silver/gunmetal rims aren't "wrong"...if you mean to display it as the 89 version. Making them black only "fixes" them if you are going for the Batman Returns look. The rims were NOT the same color in both films, so displaying it as a 89 or 92 depending on your mood really comes down to your willingness to constantly repaint...or your imagination.

You're right! But i did not paint them full black. In fact i paint them first in silver that have a black pigment then glossy black in order to have a dark/bronze effect.
I tried to be close than that:

It's hard to see on my poor pics but in real it's not deep black.

So appart on promotional shots we almost never see the rims in silver on screen in 89. As almost all the scenes happen at night time, they appear dark. Maybe not black but dark.
So even if it's not 100% accurate for both films, it's 10 times more in the mood of the movies than that this too bright silver HT stock version.
But once again it´s my personnal opinion.

:wink1:

To be 89 accurate i would have to paint the nose of the turbine in silver too:

But we in the fact the car always appears in the movie like this:

If you look at the SDCC 2011 prototype, the color of the rims was darker and much better. They had a real metal effect:

But on the final product they gave us an inapropriate, too light, uggly and bad basic silver.

Sorry for the out of subject of the topic...

:wink1:

Did anyone ever get around to building and selling custom black batmobile rims? I've never customized a figure ever, but that's something I would be interested in.

Okay, this is the first picture of this figure that I don't like. The other pics were 100% dead-on, but this one...I don't know. I'm not feeling the Keatonness.

Wow...time to wipe the **** out of your eyes then or at the least, get yourself to specsavers

Did anyone ever get around to building and selling custom black batmobile rims? I've never customized a figure ever, but that's something I would be interested in.

Not that I know of, and I'm not sure it's possible to do safely. I've taken apart the Batmobile as much as I could have to mod it for more legroom, and I looked hard, but couldn't find a way to remove the wheels or hubcaps without causing permanent damage to them. I suspect the Bat caps are glued on top of the screw that attaches the wheels to the axel (like the center caps of the Tumbler's rear wheels were), but they aren't going anywhere while you can carefully pry off the Tumbler's caps with a flat head screwdriver.

Either they are glued on top of the screws, or the screws are embedded into the bat-caps themselves, like dowels.

But I am sure you can take out the rubber tires and just leave the rims so you can spray them or paint them with Tamiya's Smoke clear paint which is like black but clear which will give you that gunmetal look.

Can the Batmobile talk stay in the appropriate thread. I keep getting excited for new pics when this gets bumped.

I just couldn't live with myself. So don't pretend this is a happy ending.

I don't want to jinx it but given this figures similarity to the dx09 I think it should be released pretty quickly without delays.

Doesn't Hot Toys have a regular schedule when it comes to DX releases? Isn't it two figures a year, more or less?

I would be surprised if it was any earlier than, say, summer 2015. We didn't see any accessories or alternate headsculpts at SDCC.

Returns was mt favourite Batman film up until TDK and I always wanted to see it made in 1/6. However, I am not willing to touch another rubber figure from Hot Toys. I watched my Comedian's body suit melt before my eyes and after the ED-209 fiasco it is clear HT has either learned nothing about rubber or simply does not care. As such this is too expensive of a risk for me personally and sadly I will be skipping the whole Returns line as whole.

I will get the returns figure. My 89 Batman still is in the same shape as when I bought him. No rubber deterioration at all. 89 is still my favorite bat suit but I like this on also. Really hope it comes with the torn cowl cowl and Keaton sculpt. Really want a catwoman and penguin too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back