HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyones looking for a DX09 89 Bats, I have a mint one that Im considering to sell. Would prefer to sell it loose, as shipping with box can be pretty costly as Im in asia. PM me if interested:wave

I'm thinking about getting one, then replacing the cowl eventually with the Returns one.

Nice. I'm stuck with the VHS of the originals and 1st SEs too. I think i might evem have the laserdiscs for the original too, :lol Which DVD set is the one with the originals?

I think this is it, released last October?

otoriginals.jpg

I don't think that was the one. I remember the most recent blu-ray releases did not have the originals and a lot of people boycotted them. I was one. :lol

So confusing. Thanks, George.

I remember several years ago, each film of the OT was released in two-disc format, the SE were treated with loving care and the true original films were treated as an extra, an afterthought.

So confusing. Thanks, George.

I remember several years ago, each film of the OT was released in two-disc format, the SE were treated with loving care and the real, original films were treated like an afterthought.

That sounds like the DVD set Chr0n0 was talking about... :lol

Even though those DVD's have the original versions they aren't really worth it in my opinion. The transfers are crappy non-anamorphic widescreen. It seems like Lucas deliberately released them as crappy as possible so he could say he released them and people weren't satisfied.

Even though those DVD's have the original versions they aren't really worth it in my opinion. The transfers are crappy non-anamorphic widescreen. It seems like Lucas deliberately released them as crappy as possible so he could say he released them and people weren't satisfied.

They are still the best we've got at this point. :dunno

Maybe when the new movies hit, 20th C Fox will do a proper release as a bit of an F U Disney cash-in lol. :lol

And better versions haven't been released since then, right? Purely out of spite?
Nothing has come of the original Original Trilogy since no. Honestly I'm surprised he agreed to let those versions be released at all as he's kind of an asshat about letting those versions see the light of day and to him they don't exist. I have pretty much no respect for the guy whatsoever as he comes off as a self serving hypocritical ******.

Nothing has come of the original Original Trilogy since no. Honestly I'm surprised he agreed to let those versions be released at all as he's kind of an asshat about letting those versions see the light of day and to him they don't exist. I have pretty much no respect for the guy whatsoever as he comes off as a self serving hypocritical ******.

I too felt the same one once I heard that interview as well. And to think before, I practically idolized the guy. I'd be happy with my VHS except that they will probably tear or break in a VCR now, if those things still exist. I still have my old one but I think it messed up one of my tapes in the past so I haven't used it since.

He's genuinely ashamed of the real OT because the films didn't turn out the way he wanted them to visually (the technology didn't exist at the time, which largely drove him to found THX), they weren't "faithful to his artistic vision." It's not an act.

I can appreciate where he's coming from, but he could at least treat the real OT with some respect and not try to expunge it from existence. Never mind it's largely how he became a billionaire a few times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back