HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care how long it takes to release these figures as long as they are around $220 like 89 Batman circa 2012 pricing. What we have to understand is the longer these figures are removed from 2012 the more we are paying. If these figures were announced today (and not in 2012) and went on preorder today for $300, well it is what it is. That’s the going price for HT’s these days. Truth is they were announced shortly after 89 was released for $220. I don’t what to pay $100 more because I had to wait on a product that was announced in my price range but release at a higher cost because it was not in their priority list. It’s true not to many people people know the differences between 89 and Returns suit (including myself in 2012) so $100 increase is ridiculous for having us wait.

Jack Torrance however is sooo 2013.

giphy.gif

Do you think this would get annoying?

giphy.gif

I don’t care how long it takes to release these figures as long as they are around $220 like 89 Batman circa 2012 pricing. What we have to understand is the longer these figures are removed from 2012 the more we are paying. If these figures were announced today (and not in 2012) and went on preorder today for $300, well it is what it is. That’s the going price for HT’s these days. Truth is they were announced shortly after 89 was released for $220. I don’t what to pay $100 more because I had to wait on a product that was announced in my price range but release at a higher cost because it was not in their priority list. It’s true not to many people people know the differences between 89 and Returns suit (including myself in 2012) so $100 increase is ridiculous for having us wait.

If DX 15 Batman Returns is barebones and only comes with a stand, grapple, launcher, remote and batarang, I'll say $250.

If DX 15 Batman Returns is the complete set and comes with the stand, all the weapons/accessories and the Bruce Wayne head and glider, I'll say $300.

I don't want the glider. Will never pose it that way except for one picture for DiFabio.

Want Batman (Returns) at $200 with blue acid vial. That's all.

What I find insulting is that Returns was announced in early 2012 right after 89 was released at $220. The announcement had a expectation date of last quarter 2012. In no way would last quarter of 2012 cost us $300 + for a figure. Since I am not a comic guy I decided to pass on 89 and get Returns as to not double dip. Here we are most likely getting this figure in 2015. Four years after announcement and dishing $100 dollar plus!

Like I said I am not a Comic guy. Keaton for $220 in my display is a good idea. I am a Terminator fan and even shelling out $300 for DX13 did not feel right (still doesn’t). I don’t like the idea of $300+ for Keaton or Penguin or Catwoman. That was not part of the deal in 2012!

If it's any consolation, neither Catwoman nor Penguin will cost $300. At least, I don't think they will. I can see $230 for Catwoman and $240 for Penguin.

I predict the same amount of time for Full Specs and Pics to appear as it took to first see the figure after the license announcement. Then the same amount of time again for the thing to actually go up for preorder. Add another year and a half for the figure to actually be released. It's a while yet folks :D

I predict the same amount of time for Full Specs and Pics to appear as it took to first see the figure after the license announcement. Then the same amount of time again for the thing to actually go up for preorder. Add another year and a half for the figure to actually be released. It's a while yet folks :D

:lol No chance, there'd be a full-scale revolt. Riots in the streets, 30- and 40-year-old dudes waving huge flags emblazoned with Batsignal logos.

Then Star Wars EP 7 will be release, the next wave of Marvel and its back of the line again! On a side note, I can't see myself collecting HT Star Wars for $230 average a pop!!

I say specs/pics and preorders pop up by the end of the month.

I say Batman is for Christmas. Along with Catwoman.

Why do you think Catwoman will be so soon, and before Penguin? I would love for it to happen, but seems like they would have already shown her at SDCC as well.

Why do you think Catwoman will be so soon, and before Penguin? I would love for it to happen, but seems like they would have already shown her at SDCC as well.

Catwoman is easy. They lead with Batman tease at SDCC. Then these things usually come in twos... so Batman, which we've seen, and the easy next figure, Catwoman, fairly close together so you have a display pair. Like they did with Joker and Batman '89.

Penguin is complicated. It's also very possible, like Barbossa, that they just never make him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back