HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duck man.

tdk0185.jpg
This scene!! Always bothered me so much

I always hated how dumb the bb suit looked in the beginning of tdk, still don't know what the hell is wrong with it. But god does this returns figure make me want to watch the old films right now. It looks so damn cool, my favorite era of batman film.

The suits in 1989 Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight all looked great. Then we got the extraneous gills in the Val Kilmer suit and then...ugh.

Only thing that can pevent me from getting this would be the ugly pers panel. I am sure they wont screw up that again.

Bale and the TDK suit will always look better than the Keaton suits.

I like the Kilmer suits, both of them. The only thing I don't like about them are the nips.

If they ever do Forever suits, then I am sure there will be a bunch of people who normally operate under the "f#ck everything Schumacher couse its silly!!111!!" mode, that will be genuinely surprised at how good those figures will look. Couse Kilmer had some nice suits. Forever's "Phanter" costume, was basically a sleeker version of Burton suits, with some nice, fluid lines to the cowl (almost as good looking as Return's version), and a superhero'esqe muscle sculpture on the torso. Plus, Kilmer himself looked good in the cowl, with those lips of his :) Yes the nipples looked funky, but overally Kilmer striked a good figure. Perhaps not as intimidating as Keaton or Bale, but good looking nonetheless.

As for the Sonar suit - though it was too busy and extravagant, to be viewed as a viable "main" batsuit, but it still looked good as an alternative; certainly less crazy, than some other popular batsuit version in the Batman mythos.

You can always shave the nipples off ;)

https://teamcoco.com/video/val-kilmer-old-batman

Y5v9m3B.jpg

GO5JXss.jpg

zvEthSk.jpg

rpy2Rry.jpg

o7uveWm.jpg

YKQ7Vm6.jpg

wsaUiW6.jpg

I am so stoked for this figure. I absolutely love the Returns suit, probably just as much as the Begins suit. I just watched Returns again in anticipation of this, just love everything about the movie.

About Forever, I would definitely be down for a Sonar suit as well.
This was my figure Batman figure as a kid:
Batman-070.jpg

I thought this one was better. Take off the bronze batsymbol and symbol buckle, throw on the cape from the above figure and you'd have the perfect Kenner Forever Batman.

FOREVERnightflightbat.jpg

In retrospect, the card art for the character looks like the concept and promotional art for Batman Begins.

A lot of that is characterization. The Nolan Trilogy was emphasizing the "Man" in Batman, whereas the Burton movies placed more emphasis on the "Bat."

Good post. That explains the major difference between the 2 series. Nolan applied him in a modern world setting, where Tim Burton kept the comic aspect.

Damn the old kenner line takes me back, I had a LOT of those figures from that movie. I had a Batman with huge rubber wings, I had a biker robin that looked wierd with a bandana, had two face and a ridler with a wierd back pack / mind control thingy, had a underwater robin and a bruce wayne that transformed in to batman also had one of those for returns bruce wayne.

Last edited:
My honest to God favorite kenner's toy from the returns line was Catwoman, it was my first custom where I made the suit glossy with clear nail polish, even down to the whip, but I loved the Bruce Wayne/Batman where you make batman from parts, even then I just stuck bruce wayne into the rotating chamber of the batcave and got Arctic Batman on the other side, which I modified with cheap paint to make it black, you are right difabio, we haven't gotten a good version of these figs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back