HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knight Rises suit and cowl look awful sometimes - like they used the Dark Knight suit but Bale's body shape had changed so he didn't really fit it anymore. Same with the Begins suit at the start of The Dark Knight - his face doesn't fit the cowl at all.

He looks great in that scene. Especially when he's behind the monitors "beautiful, isn't it?".

I too love that moment. It was also one of the many scenes, when I thought his voice worked great - he had that calm, soft, measured look on his face, when he was saying the lines, looking almost like he was whispering them, and yet the voice reverberated through the room. I always thought thats a very fitting, theatrical trick for Bast.

Same with the Begins suit at the start of The Dark Knight - his face doesn't fit the cowl at all.

Duck man.

tdk0185.jpg

@Difabio

That's probably my most hated shot in the entire Nolan trilogy. I have no idea, how come nobody said anything during editing. I also wonder what's the reason he looks so goofy there. It must be the lighting, right? The cowl looked good in some of the shots, during the parking lot scene.

@Difabio

That's probably my most hated shot in the entire Nolan trilogy. I have no idea, how come nobody said anything during editing. I also wonder what's the reason he looks so goofy there. It must be the lighting, right? The cowl looked good in some of the shots, during the parking lot scene.

Yeah, I don't know. They probably wanted to make it look like crap on purpose since he was going to get a new one in about 15 minutes. You know "out with the old, in with the new". They wouldn't want the audience questioning whether or not the look of the new suit was actually an upgrade or not.

And in the parking garage, every shot of him looks good . . . until again, they do that massive, awkward close up of him after he's ripped off Scarecrow's mask and is looking at Brian Douglass. Then on the rooftop, thanks to perspective he looks like an intimidating midget compared to Gordon and Dent.

Still, that's one of my favorite moments where he first shows up in the Dark Knight and bends that gun, looks be damned.

When I first started drawing as a kid, I had the batman returns suit down to the T... Even through my dad took me to see the first batman film in 1989, my first memory of batman was returns... So this fig has sentimental value, from getting the large batman returns promo cups from macdonalds, to buying the bat mobile batmissile from kenner at the old toys r us that used to close to 34th street in NYC... This is the perfect batman imho

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

When I first started drawing as a kid, I had the batman returns suit down to the T... Even through my dad took me to see the first batman film in 1989, my first memory of batman was returns... So this fig has sentimental value, from getting the large batman returns promo cups from macdonalds, to buying the bat mobile batmissile from kenner at the old toys r us that used to close to 34th street in NYC... This is the perfect batman imho

Even though I prefer the '89 suit and saw Batman before Returns, I still have an love for Batman Returns.

Back in 1992, other than some great vehicles and playsets for the film, there really wasn't a lot of very action figures. Kenner did a great job with their vehicle and playset assortment, but a Batman in a proper suit and Penguin got the short end of the stick. If you wanted an "accurate" Batman and Penguin, these were you're only options,

Applause (which were basically akin to shampoo bottles)

506e1b67dab14_30813n.jpg

il_570xN.391850393_kcg0.jpg

Candy figurine

$_57.JPG

Kenner (the best one)

UltimateBatman.jpg

That was it. Catwoman was the only one that got decent merch for around the time of the film. It's taken 22 years to get proper Batman and Penguin figures.

Yeah I was always a bit miffed at the time why kenners penguin was a repaint and there was a robin figure. In the UK crime attack batman and all the black suited figures were hard to find, it was mostly article batman.

Keaton never looked like a mouth breather that took a couple of punches to the head. He always looked pissed, never exhausted. So how come Bale does in almost every shot he's in?

A lot of that is characterization. The Nolan Trilogy was emphasizing the "Man" in Batman, whereas the Burton movies placed more emphasis on the "Bat."

Yeah I was always a bit miffed at the time why kenners penguin was a repaint and there was a robin figure.

I liked the "Robin" figure, it was a nice "What-if?" that gave a movie-aesthetic version of the comics character and expanded the line to allow more characters (since variant Batmans kind of suck - not only do they look ridiculous, but you can only have one in action at a time!)

But the inconsistency in their figures (like Penguin!) bothered me back then and today as well. Sometimes I feel like grabbing a set of the old Kenner figures for my collection now - but the realistic Batman/Catwoman just do not pair with the comics-ized Penguin/Joker that Kenner released, so I always decide against it.

I liked the "Robin" figure, it was a nice "What-if?" that gave a movie-aesthetic version of the comics character and expanded the line to allow more characters (since variant Batmans kind of suck - not only do they look ridiculous, but you can only have one in action at a time!)

But the inconsistency in their figures (like Penguin!) bothered me back then and today as well. Sometimes I feel like grabbing a set of the old Kenner figures for my collection now - but the realistic Batman/Catwoman just do not pair with the comics-ized Penguin/Joker that Kenner released, so I always decide against it.

I kinda liked kenners dark knight collection version of the joker (along with color change face) while it was hardly a bang on likeness to Nicholson, there was still a 'look' of him.

I wonder if Nicholson had to sign off on that likeness?

I recall reading an early article on Batman back in the day that gave this description : "A short, balding Batman versus an overweight Joker". Not a very flattering thing to read before I saw the movie. Didn't stop me though.
Personally, I think that Keaton nailed the part(s). From that first "I'm Batman" line, he WAS Batman. I can't say I like either suit better than the other, but these are more Batman (to me) than anything that came afterwards. On that note, the Batfleck is looking good.

Me personally, I love all the Batman movie suits right down to the "terrible" B&R suits. If i was to pick a favorite, i would pick Val Kilmer's all black Bat suit from forever. It had the 89 and returns concept but it was more sleeker and tight fitting especially the cowl. Although he still had that "head turning" problem. As far as Nolan's Bat suits, I like TDK suit better than begins because it pretty much solved the problem with the head turning and it looked like a Bat suit Batman would wear in modern day. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back