Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the . . .

Lost scene from 1989?

That whole article has a ton of goodies.

It's scenes and interviews like this which makes me puzzled and angry that the 2 disk Anniversary edition of Batman & Batman Returns didn't include any delete scenes at all other then the glimpse shown in the interviews.
I'm aware that there are actually quite a few deleted scenes in Batman and at least one extended scene for Batman Returns.

Well I'm considering picking up a second one, to keep for custom fodder, just in case Hot Toys doesn't end up doing "Batman Returns."

Change the symbol and the body armor on the stomach and voila - "Batman Returns" Batman. I know there are more differences between the suits, but I know I wouldn't notice them.

Don't worry too much. Returns ver. is in works :)

Joker could see a slew of variations but Batman is literally done. What more could they do? A full battle damaged version? What accessories could they do, they've included everything with Batman. There's nothing else.

2.0 in the sense of another "regular" purple suited Jack Nicholson Joker or 2.0 in the sense of another Jack Nicholson Joker but as a variation?

Hot Toys have already expressed interest in "alternate" versions.

6a853733jw1dkkkmnea8nj.jpg

Someone translated it and supposedly more '89 Joker is a strong possibility.

What it says is that Hot Toys spent quite a few bucks to get Nicholson's likeliness rights so you'd bet there's going to be more Joker awesomeness. In the Hong Kong ACG mess there was a small card at the Hot Toys booth that says Joker ver.2.0 (The Dark Knight logo) coming soon.

50/50 Chance this figure will leak too... DX02 and now Comedian both have major problems... Im keeping my figure on PO since I order form a company that gets these a month some times 2 after release and will cancel if I see this issue brought up even once... Play it safe with this one... I have a garbage Comedain now my DX Bats hasnt leaked yet but as its been said it just a MATTER OF TIME...

I wonder if they would have had better luck using talcum powder instead.
After I read the response to my question I thought the same thing.

Just answering the mans question. But so you understand, I'll keep it simple. Rubber is made from oil.
:lol Thank you sir:wave

Yup, they put so much work into the detailing if the suit, they killed the posability of the v1, gave us a very satuesque figure and made it leak because of their changes. If they'd just slimmed down the v1 to DX proportions it would have been a kickass figure.

I'm very curious to see how Keaton Batman is made.

As long as it doesn't drip oil and can at least have the arm articulation we see in the specs I'll be happy. I can live with limited articulation in this figure because Keaton had limited movement in his suit anyway. So if you think of it the limited movement actually helps with the" screen accuracy" everyone is obsessed with.:lol Although the specs show him with his arms raised rather high( raising cape), were any of the past HT Batman figs able to pull that off?

Although the specs show him with his arms raised rather high( raising cape), were any of the past HT Batman figs able to pull that off?

Looking again, it's almost an optical illusion that Hot Toys pulled off. His arms are raised, but not as high as we think they are. They're slightly posed forward and tilted making it look higher than they actually are.

Still, compared to past Hot Toys Batman figures, there's much more range in those arms. Here's what I'm thinking we'll see in terms of articulation,

- Slight movement with the head/cowl (think OC Batman but with even more limited movement)

- All the movements one could dream of with the arms and hands.

- Slight movement with the hips/legs

- Slight movement with the knees and feet

So basically not alot of room in the chest area, at least that's what I'm hoping for. I really hope that the chest is a solid piece, like a hard plastic "plate". I'll be really disappointed if it's squishy rubber that creases and bends like a cheap bag like the OC Batman figure.

The less rubber, the better as far as I'm concerned. The only rubber components should be the upper arms (stopping at the gauntlets), the figures back and the pants from the waist down to his knees (maybe a bit at the ankles of the boots for foot movement). Everything else would benefit from being a stronger, plastic material.

Looking again, it's almost an optical illusion that Hot Toys pulled off. His arms are raised, but not as high as we think they are. They're slightly posed forward and tilted making it look higher than they actually are.

Still, compared to past Hot Toys Batman figures, there's much more range in those arms. Here's what I'm thinking we'll see in terms of articulation,

- Slight movement with the head/cowl (think OC Batman but with even more limited movement)

So basically not alot of room in the chest area, at least that's what I'm hoping for. I really hope that the chest is a solid piece, like a hard plastic "plate". I'll be really disappointed if it's squishy rubber that creases and bends like a cheap bag like the OC Batman figure.

The less rubber, the better as far as I'm concerned. The only rubber components should be the upper arms (stopping at the gauntlets), the figures back and the pants from the waist down to his knees (maybe a bit at the ankles of the boots for foot movement). Everything else would benefit from being a stronger, plastic material.

I agree completely. Ill be happy with all the above except as far as the cowl/head I thought it would be one solid piece with no movement.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The OC bats chest doesn't even bend, so what does it matter.

And fyi, the actual costume folds/bends like the figure does.

The OC bats chest doesn't even bend, so what does it matter.

You can move the true type body underneath and the rubber is soft and sort of "squishy". That's movement. With this Keaton Batman I want the exact opposite. No movement and a solid chest piece.

"Some kind of body armor".

And fyi, the actual costume folds/bends like the figure does.

I know.

Looking at the last few pages has me wondering about rubber problems.

Has Hot Toys truly addressed the oil problems? All of the stuff I've read about the DX-02, and I don't think I ever saw any statement by Hot Toys.

Have there been problems with more recent rubber figures?

50/50 Chance this figure will leak too... DX02 and now Comedian both have major problems... Im keeping my figure on PO since I order form a company that gets these a month some times 2 after release and will cancel if I see this issue brought up even once... Play it safe with this one... I have a garbage Comedain now my DX Bats hasnt leaked yet but as its been said it just a MATTER OF TIME...

This seems to be all you post about...do you wake up in the morning and go to bed at night thinking about leaking figures? Why not wait until the figure is out in 6+ months, THEN focus on what may be wrong with it? There's no reason to spend the entire pre-release period making up problems with something that isn't out yet.

This seems to be all you post about...do you wake up in the morning and go to bed at night thinking about leaking figures? Why not wait until the figure is out in 6+ months, THEN focus on what may be wrong with it? There's no reason to spend the entire pre-release period making up problems with something that isn't out yet.

Well said...geezzz talk about going on a tangent, get real. Talk about something more concrete or just in general about your anticipation for this figure...

Well said...geezzz talk about going on a tangent, get real. Talk about something more concrete or just in general about your anticipation for this figure...

I have lots of anticipation for a figure that might leak and destory itself in under a few months... Im looking at the brite side of this figure I guess... Some people think ahead to what maybe others just live in the present and hope nothing bad will ever happen... :lecture
Thats the last youll hear form me about this issue...
Thats all for me done speaking my mind... :pfft:

I wish Hot Toys would hand this figure off to a third party for additional photographing, like they've already done twice with the Joker. I'd be great to see more poses and more of his gadgets in-hand.

I have lots of anticipation for a figure that might leak and destory itself in under a few months... Im looking at the brite side of this figure I guess... Some people think ahead to what maybe others just live in the present and hope nothing bad will ever happen... :lecture
Thats the last youll hear form me about this issue...
Thats all for me done speaking my mind... :pfft:

:slap I'm guessing that chicken little has a large fan club on this forum.

Back