Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0Zgr9ZviQ"]Laugh It Up Fuzzball! - Star Wars Clip / Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Have you guy seen the Sarah Connor and T1000 disguise thread?

You guys seem to be pretty optimistic about these figures not deteriorating over time too quickly. I myself live in New York so it can be cold in the winter, and in the summer the A/C is cranked up so its all good for my bats then I suppose right?

I live in New York too, and my rubber figures (Medicom RAH Old Snake and Raiden) have survived well over the years with no AC during the summer, and they're still in near-perfect condition. The rubbers that are used in these figures have a high melting point. Although, I won't recommend tossing them in them in a pre-heated oven, or carrying them to the beach when you need to get a tan.

Seriously, stop panicking people. This is getting OCD. :dunno

I live in New York too, and my rubber figures (Medicom RAH Old Snake and Raiden) have survived well over the years with no AC during the summer, and they're still in near-perfect condition. The rubbers that are used in these figures have a high melting point. Although, I won't recommend tossing them in them in a pre-heated oven, or carrying them to the beach when you need to get a tan.

Seriously, stop panicking people. This is getting OCD. :dunno

Wrong type of rubber. The rubber used on Medi figures is completely different than the new rubber HT's using. Hell, even HT's older suits are completely different than this new crap. While I agree speculation on this figure is not necessary, there's reason to keep an eye on the new Begins suit.

Wrong type of rubber. The rubber used on Medi figures is completely different than the new rubber HT's using. Hell, even HT's older suits are completely different than this new crap. While I agree speculation on this figure is not necessary, there's reason to keep an eye on the new Begins suit.

I guess you're right. But you have to realize that the rubber that was used for Old Snake's suit was the cheapest crap ever conceived on a 1/6 figure (perhaps even worse than the DX TDK suit). The thing rips and tears fresh out of the box, just by holding it (and looking at it causes it to deform :lol). If that can survive years of heat and humidity in my New York apartment, then I'm sure that Hot Toys rubber suit figures can as well.

I guess you're right. But you have to realize that the rubber that was used for Old Snake's suit was the cheapest crap ever conceived on a 1/6 figure (perhaps even worse than the DX TDK suit). The thing rips and tears fresh out of the box, just by holding it (and looking at it causes it to deform :lol). If that can survive years of heat and humidity in my New York apartment, then I'm sure that Hot Toys rubber suit figures can as well.

Another difference too though. Medi actually knows how to cure their rubber suits. Apparently, HT is gambling with our $200+ because with this new process, they don't.

Another difference too though. Medi actually knows how to cure their rubber suits. Apparently, HT is gambling with our $200+ because with this new process, they don't.

So more or less the Keaton Batman next year could have a similar issue as the Bale BB Batman? What if there is a more widespread issue...you think HT would re-evaluate in time to correct it for the Keaton one?

I'm still a bit skeptical of that. I mean, wasn't it already established in the Batman Begins thread (from the pictures that were posted up) that people were mishandling their figures, molesting Batman's buttocks with their fingers, and that's the cause for why the suits were in such terrible condition?

I'm still a bit skeptical of that. I mean, wasn't it already established in the Batman Begins thread (from the pictures that were posted up) that people were mishandling their figures, molesting Batman's buttocks with their fingers, and that's the cause for why the suits were in such terrible condition?

Man, that just sounds so wrong. :rotfl

So more or less the Keaton Batman next year could have a similar issue as the Bale BB Batman? What if there is a more widespread issue...you think HT would re-evaluate in time to correct it for the Keaton one?

If there is a problem I hope that Hot Toys can correct it. I'm actually way (WAY) more excited for the Michael Keaton figure than I am about the Batman Begins one. But besides rubber, I hope that they mix in some leather and hard vinyl compounds in the final product. Just so that there won't be a single seamless suit like the Begins figure.

No, but given what's going on with Comedian, collectors should be concerned about the new OC suit. Should they have full license to panic? Absolutely not. I haven't seen anything yet to make me worry, other than collector abuse (some maybe even sexual). But it's something to definitely keep an eye on.

If there is a problem I hope that Hot Toys can correct it. I'm actually way (WAY) more excited for the Michael Keaton figure than I am about the Batman Begins one. But besides rubber, I hope that they mix in some leather and hard vinyl compounds in the final product. Just so that there won't be a single seamless suit like the Begins figure.

Yeah man, the Keaton one I am real excited about, as I am with the Nicholson Joker. Just hoping there's nothing wrong with the rubber. Isn't the 1989 suit glossier than the matte of BB?

The '89 batsuit is a matte finish also. Lord, I can't wait for these. Nothing beats them as far as I'm concerned.

Back