Hot Toys Dutch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the face sculpt is as good as the proto pics, I will get dutch, and a battle damage as well.

These figures weren’t shown at SDCC, so I don't think we'll se them this year. Hopefully early 2009.

My biggest hope? Well these guys come light relative to most military HT sets, I hope they do "kill" accessories. For Mac, add a second head, one where it's blown out by the Plasma cannon. For Dillon, add in a severed arm clutching another MP5. For Blaine, add in another T shirt with the chest blown out and conceal the chest damage under the figures regular T shirt (who can see it otherwise?) For Poncho, a spare "shot in the head" head. For Dutch, a broken shot up version of his rifle. Not sure what they could do for Billy, maybe add in a skull.

:clap Gruesome, but awesome just to have something different. I don't think we'd ever see it though.

I think it's high time the Predator came with a skinned body, don't you all? Predator & Dutch for me... When are we going to se final pictures, specs & prices etc?

I'd prefer they didn't...not a big fan of rubber bodies - durability, poseability, joint stress, etc. Most of the joints on the HT Preds blend pretty well anyway.

I think he means he wants him to come w/ a skinned corpse as an accessory, not a predator muscle type body.

Meh... hopefully these are it... cause if they are.. I'm not buying. I'll wait for a better one down the line.

Does anyone else think that Billy's face paint makes his look like a raccoon? I wonder if Hot Toys will "milk" this line like they did Rambo? You know, like a Red T-Shirt Dutch, Battle Damaged Dutch, etc, etc. I personally would buy the moody, Battle-Damaged one, but that's about as far as it goes.

-CJK

Does anyone else think that Billy's face paint makes his look like a raccoon? I wonder if Hot Toys will "milk" this line like they did Rambo? You know, like a Red T-Shirt Dutch, Battle Damaged Dutch, etc, etc. I personally would buy the moody, Battle-Damaged one, but that's about as far as it goes.

-CJK

I want a version without all that face paint. :monkey2

11441735301987_predator_012.jpg

The thing I'm dreading with this line now is hot toys releasing better figures down the line.
This topic really needs its own thread as an overall subject for every license.

Basically I think when hot toys releases a figure it would be awesome if on the official images there was a small icon or message indicating that eventually down the line another figure ( of the same person or creature ) would be released. Like a battle damaged version or whatever other version they think up.
Obviously this won't happen as they wouldn't sell the first figure as well as they could do.

It annoys me when a popular figure is brought out. I never know wheter to take the plunge and buy it. The question is , will hot toys in a few months make a better figure with a better head sculpt and more accessories of the same person for the same price.

With PREDATOR , I would prefer a battle damaged version as later in the movie was alot more important to me. When I think of predator I think of Arnie struggling to cope with an alien hunting him in the jungle. If Dutch is brought out I will also want a battle damaged version but just in case they don't make it ( its never guaranteed ) I will have to buy the first version in case it sells out.
This is always the case with hot toys and seems to be bugging people as of late with the dark knight joker. Now with that I understand hot toys may have not have had good refrence images for the heath ledger sculpt but still..... you get my overall point.

Its happened with " THE DARK KNIGHT " , " PREDATOR 2 " , "AVP-R " , just to name a few and it is irritating.

If I ( and other fans ) buy the first version of the figures then better and more appealing ones are released we then have to sell the originals.
HOT TOYS STILL GETS OUR CASH FOR THE FIRST FIGURE.

It's a very clever marketing technique and there definitely using it for there own advantages. Although I will say hot toys are a brilliant company and do listen to there customers.

Besides if you bought an en extra hot toys hicks when they were first released you could buy every PREDATOR 1 figure made just buy selling it. :lol

Simple...DON'T BUY THE FIRST VERSION! :D

but will there be a second version ?. They never confirm it !. Thats why its so scary. I know its 95% likely that the second version will be made but if you miss out on the first then it sells out ( predator lines * especially part 1 * tend too ) and then another isn't made your screwed. :lol

Now with that I understand hot toys may have not have had good refrence images for the heath ledger sculpt but still..... you get my overall point.

Its happened with " THE DARK KNIGHT " , " PREDATOR 2 " , "AVP-R " , just to name a few and it is irritating.

If I ( and other fans ) buy the first version of the figures then better and more appealing ones are released we then have to sell the originals.
HOT TOYS STILL GETS OUR CASH FOR THE FIRST FIGURE.

It's a very clever marketing technique and there definitely using it for there own advantages. Although I will say hot toys are a brilliant company and do listen to there customers.

Where did you get the idea that Hot Toys may not have had good reference images of Heath as the Joker? Of course they did. They would have had the best reference material, direct from their licensor. :duh It's a licensed product.

If they listened to their customers they'd stop doing this type of marketing. Hey Hot Toys, yeah you. STOP IT. Don't expect a reaction any time soon. :lol

I think it's a safe bet that Dutch is the only one we'll see 2 versions of, the other one of which will be the full mud-camo with spear version as it's so different from the standard. HT are bound to go "double Dutch". :)

Is it just me or does anyone else hate the brown shirt that HT gave him??

Last edited:
Do you mean the jacket, cause I'm not really seeing a "shirt".

I do love the sculpt on Billy though, not a big fan on the Dutch sculpt though, but maybe it's the overly done face paint that is distorting the true detail of the face sculpt.

I always thought it was a shirt, it looks that way in the movie but the HT fig looks like he;s wearing somethig thicker.

Back