Hot Toys Dutch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he meant because it would basically hide the sculpt. Is that allowed ?
Awesome if so. :D

I really want to wait for the second version of this figure but I'm paranoid they wont make one..... even though I know they will. :duh:monkey3:rotfl

I mean sculpted muddy texture, that is the key.

I think he meant because it would basically hide the sculpt. Is that allowed ?

Thing is though, you'd have to mud him up so much, he'd look like swamp thing or something and it wouldn't be worth your trouble.

Hot Toys will do the best they can, if they can get away with off hair colors and excess camo, great, ya it'd take a repaint, but at least the core head would be perfect for a repainter to work with.

No you can't though. Unless they change neck styles too with this new muscle body, the neck part of the muscular bodies are the rubber mucular part too, you can't change necks like the regular TrueType.

I understand where you're going, just throwing out some thoughts before folks start hoping and counting on HT to do something like this.

You are right about the muscle body and its neck my bad, but all Hot Toys would need to do is to release their military figures with neck post + head. If Hot Toys saw this as a chance to make more money you bet they can do it. The neck problem you brought up is nothing to Hot Toys.

But no way I would want Hot Toys to do this....that's like spending about $170-$200 for an P1 figure.

People have been waiting for this line for very long so expectations are higher than ever.
I doubt hot toys will release these looking like crap. I just can't imagine it.

Were these images leaked ?. If I recall correctly they were weren't they ?.
Maybe these figures were due out years ago and all this likeness rights issues started up.

This is the first time I have seen the pic of Billy and Dutch. They look awesome and I will be getting both. Even if the head sculpts look nothing like the actors. They are too awesome to pass up!

how do we know they will make a v2 dutch? i am more interested in a muddy dutch but I don't want to gamble and miss out all together

Thing is though, you'd have to mud him up so much, he'd look like swamp thing or something and it wouldn't be worth your trouble.

Hot Toys will do the best they can, if they can get away with off hair colors and excess camo, great, ya it'd take a repaint, but at least the core head would be perfect for a repainter to work with.

look at this for example:

A0000122.jpg

You are right about the muscle body and its neck my bad, but all Hot Toys would need to do is to release their military figures with neck post + head. If Hot Toys saw this as a chance to make more money you bet they can do it. The neck problem you brought up is nothing to Hot Toys.

But no way I would want Hot Toys to do this....that's like spending about $170-$200 for an P1 figure.

Well, all things considered, that's what it's going to take. Dutch as is from Hot Toys will be at least $150 if that's what Joker and batman run. Figure then another $50 or more for a head repaint or depending on how things go, a whole other head and then possibly a paint job, could take $250 to get a great looking Dutch figure.

look at this for example:

A0000122.jpg

Exactly, if they sculpt that on, it'll still clearly look like Arnold unless they go excessive, non-accurrate and at that point, you have a useless head, because you can't repaint with the sculpted stuff. Arnie head with junk painted on it to obscure the look is the best way to go for collectors, on this Dutch, if they do a muddy one do whatever they like, but for this figure, regular head with crazy paint is the best option.

how do we know they will make a v2 dutch? i am more interested in a muddy dutch but I don't want to gamble and miss out all together

We don't , thats why I said all this crap. Its just one of the little annoying marketing things with hot toys. We will buy the first figure from say abc express or something. Then the second version is released which we might prefer so we sell the first on ebay and buy the second from abc express again. The retail stores get the money twice either way. Even if we bought the second version a few months later off of ebay it was still originally bought from a retail store and through the whole thing it came straight from hot toys. :monkey1:rotfl

The thing I'm dreading with this line now is hot toys releasing better figures down the line.
This topic really needs its own thread as an overall subject for every license.

Basically I think when hot toys releases a figure it would be awesome if on the official images there was a small icon or message indicating that eventually down the line another figure ( of the same person or creature ) would be released. Like a battle damaged version or whatever other version they think up.
Obviously this won't happen as they wouldn't sell the first figure as well as they could do.

It annoys me when a popular figure is brought out. I never know wheter to take the plunge and buy it. The question is , will hot toys in a few months make a better figure with a better head sculpt and more accessories of the same person for the same price.

With PREDATOR , I would prefer a battle damaged version as later in the movie was alot more important to me. When I think of predator I think of Arnie struggling to cope with an alien hunting him in the jungle. If Dutch is brought out I will also want a battle damaged version but just in case they don't make it ( its never guaranteed ) I will have to buy the first version in case it sells out.
This is always the case with hot toys and seems to be bugging people as of late with the dark knight joker. Now with that I understand hot toys may have not have had good refrence images for the heath ledger sculpt but still..... you get my overall point.

Its happened with " THE DARK KNIGHT " , " PREDATOR 2 " , "AVP-R " , just to name a few and it is irritating.

If I ( and other fans ) buy the first version of the figures then better and more appealing ones are released we then have to sell the originals.
HOT TOYS STILL GETS OUR CASH FOR THE FIRST FIGURE.

It's a very clever marketing technique and there definitely using it for there own advantages. Although I will say hot toys are a brilliant company and do listen to there customers.

Besides if you bought an en extra hot toys hicks when they were first released you could buy every PREDATOR 1 figure made just buy selling it. :lol

Exactly, if they sculpt that on, it'll still clearly look like Arnold unless they go excessive, non-accurrate and at that point, you have a useless head, because you can't repaint with the sculpted stuff. Arnie head with junk painted on it to obscure the look is the best way to go for collectors, on this Dutch, if they do a muddy one do whatever they like, but for this figure, regular head with crazy paint is the best option.

I don't know, i wont keep whining about it but looking at that pic i think his likeness is obscured enough if they made that into a fig. The color of the face will completely have the color of mud or dried mud. The texture of the mud can be sculpted on just enough and it can have some small wounds like the bloody lip. I think that would be enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys released accurate P1 sculpts in their military line. They don't seem to have problems with actor's likeness in that line (since they aren't advertised as the actors). Two birds with one stone.....buy P1 Dutch for the body + equipment...buy military figure featuring Arnold likeness for Dutch head.

Here are some examples...not a perfect likeness but but better than mustached figures.
197GIGN_A_080w.jpg

305DSCN3603_3x4.jpg

338DSCN9266_gd_3x4.jpg

hey guys ! the last pic looks like RUSSEL CROW LOL

It will be interesting to see the body sculpt for Arnold. If its a fairly generic muscle body I'll most likely pass on the entire figure and bash one together. But if they actually get his physique down (similar to what they did with Rambo) I'll still get him.

Either way, still seems like the head (if as is) will definitely need a repaint, if they really alter it probably best to get an altered T2 Arnold or some other sculpt that's already out there.

At the end of the day no matter what he looks like he will sell-out
Hot Toys normally improve on the likeness, Take for instance the Bank robber joker , Batman or the Rambo bust and the Rocky III figure.

thats another good point and another great reason to wait for the second version.
Unless the first one is amazing I think I'm just gonna wait it out.

Back