Hot Toys Dutch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but.. WHAT ABOUT PREDATOR, has anyone seen prototypes of it yet? we cant have a dutch without Predator.

I just assumed they would start releasing pics of both at the same time :naughty

Check out the new 1/4 scale Predator bust that will give you an idea of how it will look. Looks great in my opinion.

This is a prototype that was shown at this year's Weekend of Heroes show by Toy Soldier. It may or may not be produced.

I don't see why they would show this off and not produce it. I have a feeling that it will eventually see production.

8th wonder said:
Check out the new 1/4 scale Predator bust that will give you an idea of how it will look. Looks great in my opinion.
Actually, the 1:6 scale Elder from Pred 2 is far more indicative of what it will look like, that one is 95% Pred 1, it just needs working gauntlet claws, a bio dome, and a repaint.

totally agree, alot of my p1 custocame from an elder figure with some bits from avp elder........oh the joys of making your own figure... :joy

Well, if the HT figure looks less like Arnold in the end I'll pass on it. Don't care to spend that kind of money on a generic figure when its supposed to be someone.

Whats funny was the day I got my Predator BR DVD in this figured surfaced. So I'm hoping the luck holds and it stays looking as nice as it does now.

Toy Soldier is pretty much a 1 person operation run by a guy named Alan Hsu. He does all of his own research and development and sometimes puts together figures that don't get released. There were several others that he showed at the Weekend of Heroes show as well. The Dutch figure may very well get made, but don't look for it any time soon, and if it does, it will most likely be a limited release in the neighborhood of 500-750 figures, which is fairly normal for a Toy Soldier release.

Toy Soldier is pretty much a 1 person operation run by a guy named Alan Hsu. He does all of his own research and development and sometimes puts together figures that don't get released. There were several others that he showed at the Weekend of Heroes show as well. The Dutch figure may very well get made, but don't look for it any time soon, and if it does, it will most likely be a limited release in the neighborhood of 500-750 figures, which is fairly normal for a Toy Soldier release.

Toy Soldier makes some quality 1/6 military stuff...just check echobasetoys.com, they carry TS stuff. Once their figs/equipment sets sell out it is hard to track them down. I've been looking for their seal pointman vietnam fig, and he rarely shows up on ebay...then goes for $$$. And their cloth boots are tough to beat...check those pics above, especially compared to plastic boots. I don;t know if they do muscle bodies though, which IMO is a must have for Dutch.

There are some differences in height for 1/6 scale figures from the different brands. Hot Toys 1/6 figures are taller and bigger while Toy Soldier's 1/6 figure are more similar in height and size to DML and DID 1/6 figures. The drawback is if you try to use Hot Toys BDUs on a Toy Soldier figure, they would look baggy. Conversely, if you try to dress up a Hot Toys 1/6 nude using Toy Soldier and DML BDUs, they would be tight-fit.

Hopefully, if Toy Soldier does develop a muscular body, they will "size" it to be closer to Hot Toys 1/6 figure size rather than DML. With Hot Toys working closely with Sideshow, I half suspect the new Pro Body from SS will be closer to Hot Toys 1/6 figure size.

I wonder if they'll show up...or is HT waiting for SDCC to blow over. They never do much at SDCC.

i was wondering that myself. do they not set up their own booth and just let sideshow show certain products because they are a distributor for the us??

i was wondering that myself. do they not set up their own booth and just let sideshow show certain products because they are a distributor for the us??

I don't think HT goes to SDCC. SDCC is just an American gimmick, not a real toy show. They go to TF. But they do let SS show the stuff that will be distributed thru them... sometimes.

Obviously, Predator is still in "development".

Back