Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

So I had this on pre order, but recent news at my job made me decide to cancel my pre order. Found out at my job that most of the work I do on a daily basis is getting transferred to a different department. So I did the smart thing in cancelling this pre order. And I am trying to sell a few of the new figures I recently got. (Iron Spider, Infinity Wars Captain America Movie Promo, and Concept Captain America. I figure it's better to prepare for the worst, just in case if I am laid off in the next few months.

Hope things work out ok for you. This is one reason I hate prepaying for anything (or even pre-ordering if a NFP is involved). You just never know when something is so far out from release. I don't want to be "locked" into anything until I know the figure it close to release.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I have the original set, and I am glad they are finally reissuing them! I like the design on these better than the house party protocol styrafoam ones, and will be getting more. The price on these never went down on the secondary market, so hopefully Hot Toys will make a ton.

I have the original set, and I am glad they are finally reissuing them! I like the design on these better than the house party protocol styrafoam ones, and will be getting more. The price on these never went down on the secondary market, so hopefully Hot Toys will make a ton.

You're comparing apples to oranges

These HOA Bays are for the original 7 so Hot toys made them from better materials.

The HPP bays were designed for a potential of 34 different armors so I'm guessing Hot Toys went with Styrofoam to keep the price down.

I have both versions and some custom bays.

I used granite paint on my HPP Bays which gave them the look of concrete and it's accurate to the movie

Last edited:

I just can’t bring myself to pay $800 for something to put my $2500 worth of Iron Men in. I’d rather buy two or three figures.

Hope things work out ok for you. This is one reason I hate prepaying for anything (or even pre-ordering if a NFP is involved). You just never know when something is so far out from release. I don't want to be "locked" into anything until I know the figure it close to release.

Thanks,
So far I've been able to sell My Concept Captain America, and Iron Spider. Still trying to sell my Infinity War Movie Promo Captain America. I even decided that I am going to sell my GX-72 Megazord and GX-78 Dragonzord as well.

You're comparing apples to oranges

These HOA Bays are for the original 7 so Hot toys made them from better materials.

The HPP bays were designed for a potential of 34 different armors so I'm guessing Hot Toys went with Styrofoam to keep the price down.

I have both versions and some custom bays.

I used granite paint on my HPP Bays which gave them the look of concrete and it's accurate to the movie

I just meant I like the more rectangular design of these as opposed to the more circular design of the HPP set.

I just can’t bring myself to pay $800 for something to put my $2500 worth of Iron Men in. I’d rather buy two or three figures.

I have sooooo many IM figures along with other stark workshop stuff that these are needed for me.

wonder if this a re-issue or a new version, as they are advertisiong it as Iron man 3 Hall of Armor

It's the same one as before. But this one has a new hat.

c9d115b37a4c8ecddd0dc23069bcef06--simpsons-meme-awkward-moments.jpg

does anyone have the dimensional measurements of the 7 put together? I just need the linear dimensions, not with the curvature the piece naturally has. I am trying to do a custom build-in and want to make sure I have enough space before completing my project.

Just ordered a set of 7 from sideshow, alot of money but oh well, been wanting this for years, hopefully i'll find a place to put them! too bad i didn't pickup the new mark5 though... have to fill that spot with something else, but then i don't have a mark 1 or mark 3 either :)

Looks like the 7set just got released today

hall.jpg

Question about this.

The description for the HoA says AC/DC compatible though adaptor is not included.

Was this the case before? I could have sworn the original release was battery only and you had to modify it to get it to run on USB or a wall outlet.

Is the 1/6 officially released in Hong Kong or is it just that miniature version? I can't find anything official from Hot Toys regarding release of the 1/6.

Is the 1/6 officially released in Hong Kong or is it just that miniature version? I can't find anything official from Hot Toys regarding release of the 1/6.

some people already received the re-release version of this 1/6 HoA, seen it on FB

Question about this.

The description for the HoA says AC/DC compatible though adaptor is not included.

Was this the case before? I could have sworn the original release was battery only and you had to modify it to get it to run on USB or a wall outlet.

i have the original release. Each bay has 2 lights (blue and white) you can light them up with batteries. Of you can connect them all together and use one Ac/dc plug and it will power them all up as they are daisychained.

Each bay wall has a light, that will not power with the ac/dc , you need to use batteries

Back