Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Man, that $4 shipping is so awesome for times like this. Too bad I'm not in the US to take advantage

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Was going to order through BBTS to get the cheapest shipping but noticed they have added language that indicates they might add sales tax to the cost at the time of shipping.

what is the total width of 7 armors combined and how do they stay without giving curvy look?

That 1.5" measurement is wrong. I have 7 original bays and I already posted that mine are just over 15" tall

I hate to prevent you from dancing on the graves of people that have the originals but the diecast armors fit fine in them.

Die cast 2 through 6 in original bays

So is this really worth it, the 7 Armor set is $1'000 aus, is the quality there, looks hard to tell from photos cause it looks plastic.

Was going to order through BBTS to get the cheapest shipping but noticed they have added language that indicates they might add sales tax to the cost at the time of shipping.

They have started to tax orders. My last order that was set to ship immediately had taxes added. So if your state was on their list yours will probably be too.
08A86D62-5183-47D8-8A82-F8BFDF3779C7.jpeg

Edit: I was charged 8.1% in taxes not sure if that will be the same for everyone or if it’s based on your States Tax Code.

It is based on your state tax code. I live in FL which has always been taxed by them, so I’ve really never been a big BBTS shopper, due to an extra 7% on each purchase. They usually end up being the same or more than Sideshow including shipping.

I’ve started using Timewalker and am thinking about PopCultureZone due to the discounts they offer when preordering.

So I pre ordered a set of seven last night. Used $24.50 in rewards. So now I am paying $83.00 a month for 8 months.

They have started to tax orders. My last order that was set to ship immediately had taxes added. So if your state was on their list yours will probably be too.
View attachment 436809

Edit: I was charged 8.1% in taxes not sure if that will be the same for everyone or if it’s based on your States Tax Code.

Thanks! I'm not on that list but they are making it pretty clear that they will soon be charging in more states. They seem to be early adopters and almost eager to charge the sales taxes. I'll probably avoid them for now.

So I pre ordered a set of seven last night. Used $24.50 in rewards. So now I am paying $83.00 a month for 8 months.

It's too late now but my plan was to wait a while and accrue some more points and then order. Sideshow is usually the last to 'sell out' so I'm watching BBTS and timewalker to list this as sold out first, and then burn reward points with sideshow. The gamble could backfire on me if it goes to waitlist. I'm also nervous about sideshow shipping costs, but my understanding was the hulkbuster wasn't that bad for shipping.

Maybe sideshow overcharges for small packages in order to make up for losing money on large packages? Anyway I may still go BBTS route.

It's too late now but my plan was to wait a while and accrue some more points and then order. Sideshow is usually the last to 'sell out' so I'm watching BBTS and timewalker to list this as sold out first, and then burn reward points with sideshow. The gamble could backfire on me if it goes to waitlist. I'm also nervous about sideshow shipping costs, but my understanding was the hulkbuster wasn't that bad for shipping.

Maybe sideshow overcharges for small packages in order to make up for losing money on large packages? Anyway I may still go BBTS route.

Whenever I preorder something from SSC, I don't use all of the reward points that I have. I figure out what payment a month I am comfortable with, then figure out how much in rewards I need to get to that payment.

Is Sideshow also starting to charge sales tax for people outside CA?

Thanks! I'm not on that list but they are making it pretty clear that they will soon be charging in more states. They seem to be early adopters and almost eager to charge the sales taxes. I'll probably avoid them for now.

Is Sideshow also starting to charge sales tax for people outside CA?

I'm pretty sure every online retailer will start to charge tax eventually; if your state has sales tax that is. Kind of sucks, but we had a good run!

based on the promo pics, do you think they are coming out with a diecast mark 1?

based on the promo pics, do you think they are coming out with a diecast mark 1?

It's the only one they haven't done in diecast so I'm hopeful. I only have the Mk 4 and the Mk 1 is probably the only other one I'm really interested in.

what is the total width of 7 armors combined and how do they stay without giving curvy look?

My HOA s 55" wide and as Username mentioned it is modified. I cut the bases and backs in my shop and permanently connected them. There are a couple threads in my post history that explain how I did it.

Still on the fence even though these look nice.
Problem is you can't just have 1.
7 costs a lot!

So I had this on pre order, but recent news at my job made me decide to cancel my pre order. Found out at my job that most of the work I do on a daily basis is getting transferred to a different department. So I did the smart thing in cancelling this pre order. And I am trying to sell a few of the new figures I recently got. (Iron Spider, Infinity Wars Captain America Movie Promo, and Concept Captain America. I figure it's better to prepare for the worst, just in case if I am laid off in the next few months.

Back