Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Just arrive from BigBadToy store , $4 shipping , they must of lost a hundred plus shipping this box out. I bought my previous Hall of Armor on the second hand market bay by bay, but this 7 piece sent is one huge box 65lbs

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Just arrive from BigBadToy store , $4 shipping , they must of lost a hundred plus shipping this box out. I bought my previous Hall of Armor on the second hand market bay by bay, but this 7 piece sent is one huge box 65lbs

I know i just got mine and was shocked as well! Huge, though i ordered from sideshow, shipping was more than $4.00

Hello,

I am planninng to order set of 7 from sideshow. According to my country’s regulations, a package needs to be below 30kg=66 pounds (actual package weight, not dimensional weight). Unfortunately, on Sideshow website it shows the dimensional weight. Does anyone know the package weight of set of 7?

Thanks

Hello,

I am planninng to order set of 7 from sideshow. According to my country’s regulations, a package needs to be below 30kg=66 pounds (actual package weight, not dimensional weight). Unfortunately, on Sideshow website it shows the dimensional weight. Does anyone know the package weight of set of 7?

Thanks

The UPS box of my 7 said it weights 61 pounds

source.gif

Can anyone tell me a good ac adapter for these. I?ve been slowly getting them, I?m at five now all bout for 115 or less, and would like to light them up. I bought a power line adapter set it to 4.5v and nothing.

Can anyone tell me a good ac adapter for these. I?ve been slowly getting them, I?m at five now all bout for 115 or less, and would like to light them up. I bought a power line adapter set it to 4.5v and nothing.

I use this plug , its connected to the 2nd bay just to hide the wire some from the back but you can plug it into any one of them as they are all connected together in series when you remove one panel and attach them

plug.jpeghall.jpeg

Thanks. I’ll see if I can find one

If you find a good one, please post a link. Thanks!

While I don’t have a link I did pick up one today at Best Buy that works. Honestly stupid me probably the one I bought at Walmart would’ve work didn’t realize there was an on off switch on the hall of armor’s though. For some reason I just thought I plugged it in and it should let up.
48B52BEA-0473-4ADE-BEC9-81E3AC205499.jpg11454132-E1C8-4A7F-ABCB-A1A07A577F48.jpg

Goodness this thing is cheap. Got mine from SS last night with faulty lights on both cirxuits, a hammed up button that gets stuck, and dim lights through the top. The quality of the general build, lights aside, is realllyyyy incomparable to the photos. This thing feels like a Mattel product all around.

Currently waiting on a return label from SS. I won't be seeking a replacement.

Goodness this thing is cheap. Got mine from SS last night with faulty lights on both cirxuits, a hammed up button that gets stuck, and dim lights through the top. The quality of the general build, lights aside, is realllyyyy incomparable to the photos. This thing feels like a Mattel product all around.

Currently waiting on a return label from SS. I won't be seeking a replacement.

That sucks, I'm kind of glad I passed on it then. For what it is for $125ish it should be terrific.

That sucks, I'm kind of glad I passed on it then. For what it is for $125ish it should be terrific.
Good to know as I was contemplating on maybe trying one of these but they always looked cheap to me. Danoby2 custom does look fantastic though.
I in all sincerity couldn't recommend it, even if mine was working perfectly. The second I opened the box I immediately thought "oh this doesn't seem like HT. Honestly the thought of putting a beautiful armor that looks so realistic and so detailed into this hunk of plastic immediately put me off to the whole thing. There's next to no paint apps on it, it's all molded in the same flat grey plastic with a little bit of metallics here and there. You also can't light up everything from one source; all the dividers are powered by separate battery compartments, which is just a hassle.

I in all sincerity couldn't recommend it, even if mine was working perfectly. The second I opened the box I immediately thought "oh this doesn't seem like HT. Honestly the thought of putting a beautiful armor that looks so realistic and so detailed into this hunk of plastic immediately put me off to the whole thing. There's next to no paint apps on it, it's all molded in the same flat grey plastic with a little bit of metallics here and there. You also can't light up everything from one source; all the dividers are powered by separate battery compartments, which is just a hassle.

That's ridiculous about the lighting. I have several 1/12 scale SH Figuarts and they're great, lights up with 1 battery compartment and 1 switch in the back.

I've thought about getting these but I also had a problem just leaving a $400 figure in a standing pose in there.

If there was a standing pose statue in 1/6 it would make more sense because they should be far cheaper. Maybe hot toys should do those instead of power pose figures?

That's ridiculous about the lighting. I have several 1/12 scale SH Figuarts and they're great, lights up with 1 battery compartment and 1 switch in the back.
Exactly. I'm truly surprised HT hasn't found a way to light everything up off one battery core. I would think that having metal contacts on the joints would allow them to carry a current to the limbs. But I'm not an electrical engineer so.
I've thought about getting these but I also had a problem just leaving a $400 figure in a standing pose in there.

If there was a standing pose statue in 1/6 it would make more sense because they should be far cheaper. Maybe hot toys should do those instead of power pose figures?
That really was a BIG impact on my interpretation of the thing. If this looked like it was real (like other HT products) I think I wouldn't mind putting a fig in it, but with how cheap it looks it makes it feel really wasteful.

This is the first time I'm returning something to SS; I found this statement in the RMA really funny.
ebfad1cb16ba15724c2337d7bb1d1ce4.jpg

So you mean package it better than it was shipped to me, and package it in such a fashion which doesn't have the item become damaged in the process of reaching it's recipient? :slap:

So, I recently bought the Hot Toys Hall of Armor (single) and I don't want to use batteries. Since I just bought the one, how do i setup an ac adapter? Like what should I lookout for power-wise? I'm just worried I'm going to burn out the LEDs

I'm very happy mine came with electrical issues so I could get my money back easily.

Back