Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Meh, I don't like the lighting inside each booth. Too much of a point source and doesn't light the figure properly. I am planning to make my own hall of armor with the suit up gantry in front

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Hmmm. Will these fit the die cast versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figures in the photo are the diecast versions, so yes.

It appears they raised the height but the same battery compartments and DC switch is there. Would have been nice if they just put contacts in the walls to drive currents in the walls and have it all in a plug.

I just measured my HOA and it slightly taller then 15" so I don't think these are different from the original release

I’d assume that these are straight repops from the original moulds.
There doesn’t seem to be any differences in the images from what I’ve seen.

definitely the same as original release, as collectors have asked Secret Base staff in HK. besides knowing HT, why would they mentioned its a re-release if they have something new to boast?

So as someone who doesn’t own the originals, hows the lighting situation on these? Are they complicated to turn on/off like the figures?

Pain in the ass if you do not wire them up for the walls since you have to hit each wall button individually to turn on. If you want to just light the bays themselves they are daisy chained at each base connector. Is a little bit of work to wire the walls, one time investment and your are done.

So as someone who doesn’t own the originals, hows the lighting situation on these? Are they complicated to turn on/off like the figures?

I'm actually surprised that the set of 7 is cheaper than the original. But I bet the shipping is going to be super expensive/

They still must make quite the profit, this things are still ridiculously expensive for that they are

They still must make quite the profit, this things are still ridiculously expensive for that they are

Yes it's expensive, but I will definitely pre order a set of 7. Just need to decide how much in rewards to use.

definitely the same as original release, as collectors have asked Secret Base staff in HK. besides knowing HT, why would they mentioned its a re-release if they have something new to boast?

That's interesting because here are the product specs from the 2013 release:
Product Size
13.5" H (342.9mm) x 9.0" W (228.6mm) x 6.75" D (171.45mm)*

And here is the 2018 version:

Product Size
14.96" H (379.98mm) x 9.05" W (229.87mm) x 6.88" L (174.75mm)*

I don't know if that helps.

I am hoping it is going to be taller and gain some width. Of course with the moulds it’s easy to crank out the same specs but the figures are insainely larger now and are cramped in the bays compared to the older versions. Here’s the mark V in a bay scratching the ceiling and compared to the old plastic MMS.

rvOcGU6.jpg

8gfOBC2.jpg

Last edited:

I wouldn't say no to a 2.0 of that IM3 Stark, especially if they do a brand new sculpt. Sick of that CW sculpt showing up.

Was hoping to order from BBTS to get that $4 shipping but starting to look like they aren't selling these?

So people who have original bays kicking themselves since the diecast armors don’t fit?

That's interesting because here are the product specs from the 2013 release:
Product Size
13.5" H (342.9mm) x 9.0" W (228.6mm) x 6.75" D (171.45mm)*

And here is the 2018 version:

Product Size
14.96" H (379.98mm) x 9.05" W (229.87mm) x 6.88" L (174.75mm)*

I don't know if that helps.

That 1.5" measurement is wrong. I have 7 original bays and I already posted that mine are just over 15" tall

So people who have original bays kicking themselves since the diecast armors don’t fit?

I hate to prevent you from dancing on the graves of people that have the originals but the diecast armors fit fine in them.

Die cast 2 through 6 in original bays

Pain in the ass if you do not wire them up for the walls since you have to hit each wall button individually to turn on. If you want to just light the bays themselves they are daisy chained at each base connector. Is a little bit of work to wire the walls, one time investment and your are done.

There is another aspect that you didn't mention. Batteries degrade at different levels so the
only way to get a consistent lighting effect is to use 4.5vdc power converters and battery compartment adapters in the walls.

I have threads that explain how to do this in my post history.

I might even off and "Wall Modification Service" where I mod the walls and install the wires and a jack that is the same size and the base jack so you can power the entire display with USB power supplies
like the units I used for my HOA and Wine Cellar

That 1.5" measurement is wrong. I have 7 original bays and I already posted that mine are just over 15" tall

I hate to prevent you from dancing on the graves of people that have the originals but the diecast armors fit fine in them.

Die cast 2 through 6 in original bays

Nice. I wasn’t sure if the pic previously was the DC MK V or original. Good to know.

Back