Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Ouch. I was hesitant about these before, as I am pretty happy with my detolf setup as-is... but at that price it is a definite pass for me.

Well, I take that back. I would probably pick up just one if a Mark III 2.0 ever happens. That way I could then display the BD MK III I currently own in one and stick it behind one of my custom Stark figures, since the BD MK III would be pretty much redundant at that point.

Sallah

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Damn, $100 bucks! I can buy close to 2 detolf for that price.

Are these the same ones that someone posted up a little while ago? Remember? The edges didn't line up and it ended up not being worth the money. I think I remember seeing a youtube review... Anybody?

Are these the same ones that someone posted up a little while ago? Remember? The edges didn't line up and it ended up not being worth the money. I think I remember seeing a youtube review... Anybody?

No, those were custom-made and these haven't been released yet.

Roughly the same price, though.

im wondering if this is the start of a new diorama series hot toys do not just for iron man but in general?

Damn, $100 bucks! I can buy close to 2 detolf for that price.

Yeah, that was my line of thinking. Unless they're in the $60-$80 range, I just can't justify them.

More I look the more I want :slap

I reckon with time and effort you can make one yourself for a smidge of that price, that is if you can be bothered. Personally, I don't think it's all that hard to replicate... except for the stickers.

More I look the more I want :slap

No one said they looked like crap! On the positive side, with an AC/DC adapter, these are great for people who have a problem with lighting in their displays.

What a brilliant idea Hot Toys has here. Absolutely brilliant. Makes for a great display, works for all version of Iron Man, and they can sell as many as 7 or more of them to any collector who has already bought the Iron Man figures. If I had been collecting Iron Man stuff, this is exactly how I'd most want to display them. :clap

It does look nice. I'll give it that. I would need to have SCARJO hand deliver it for me to consider that amount of cash. lol

Btw, doesnt the holographic effect on the mark III supposed to write "battle damaged"? I remembered seeing it while watching IM2.

SUIT GNOSTICS:
INCLUDES SUIT INTEGRITY
BY POWER AND OCCUPANT
EARTH STATS

wha????

Damn, these look great! I may pick one up for my Mk IV since they can be bought individually. :rock

At $100 a piece, thanks, but no thanks. It may not be as cool as the Hall of Armor, but I can do a better setup to display my current 6 IM figs for less than $100.

Just thought of something else... I absolutely stink at putting covers on my iPhone without getting air bubbles all over or putting it on crooked. I can't imagine what a crappy job I would do getting those giant stickers onto the clear coverings. Yikes.

Sallah

Wow, those prices are a huge let down. I would have gotten the 7-pack for around $350-$400. That would have felt like splurging. But, this is too much.

100 ?! Yeesh, the hologram thing for me is a cool feature and I'd have bought one for my MKIV if they were like 60 . . . but 100 is just . .. . amazing.

Funny thing is, it'll look stupid if you only have 1. You have to go all in or bust.

Back