Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring on Whiplash, Hammer drones, and that big catapiller monster thing from the avengers. (The first thing that the Hulk punches in the end fight)

Again there will be 20 different kind of iron man coming out! This iron man, that iron man, toyfair ex ironman.......... so on and so forth. Or maybe in the near future.... this predator, that predator.....you name it

If the unpainted statue/figure from the 'CONFIDENTIAL' teaser pic is anything to go by considering the whole limited articulation thing, I have no interest in a glorified metal 1/6th scale statue. I will murder gaggles of kittens if they don't do a good ol' plastic Mark III 2.0...

There's no point to buy unless HT can add new HS and fix the color fading issue this time.

not really interested. it looks like it is going to fall into the "slightly articulated statue" area. which is a good thing for not competing with their already existing lines, but i just have no interest in the concept itself.

we need more info still.

So they are going to take the same molds the made for their plastic I/6 versions and recast them in Die Cast metal easy enough they just have to rework the joints to support the weight assuming you can pull of some nice poses.It nice idea, but the nice thing about the plastic although its is light is that you can achieve a flight pose.

I wonder how much of it will be diecast.

The metal C-3po is $300 w/o shipping on Amiami and $400 at side show I don't think it will be any cheaper.

what's funny is that they're almost competeing against themselves now. They haven't even given us a chance to take in the plastic stuff that they're recently announced or hinted at, and yet they tell us about metal counterparts that will likely be better anyhow.

This is what drives me nuts about HT these days. All they care about is 1-uping everybody else and flooding the market with the same crap.

I'm honestly more excitied for Enterbay's Jordan than this stuff because it's DIFFERENT!

I remember back when HT first hit it big and it would have almost been possible to collect every single thing they released if you wanted to. Now I can't even keep up with what's been announced, released, delyed, hinted at, remade, re-released, remade again.

what's funny is that they're almost competeing against themselves now. They haven't even given us a chance to take in the plastic stuff that they're recently announced or hinted at, and yet they tell us about metal counterparts that will likely be better anyhow.

This is what drives me nuts about HT these days. All they care about is 1-uping everybody else and flooding the market with the same crap.

I'm honestly more excitied for Enterbay's Jordan than this stuff because it's DIFFERENT!

I remember back when HT first hit it big and it would have almost been possible to collect every single thing they released if you wanted to. Now I can't even keep up with what's been announced, released, delyed, hinted at, remade, re-released, remade again.

:goodpost::exactly:

I kind of feel like we're this giant baby, the collectors, and HT is this weird sadistic parent that feeds us something, then rams two fingers down our throats and we regurgitate what was fed, and they add a little spice here and a little sauce here and then feed us back our slightly re-flavored puke. And this happens until we grow up and leave the table :lol

Dunno, could see picking-up a Mark IV as long as they're decently articulated. I only want one Iron Man for my collection and Mark IV is the definitive look for me (and assuming, too, that this would solve the fading codpiece issue with the plastic/rubber marks). Time will tell if these are decent or not.

Edit: Only downside with these (aside from price... I wouldn't expect these to be much cheaper than Tamashii's 3PO @ $400.00 - only maybe a little as I'm guessing they'll be re-using at least some of the molds) is that I'd like at least the option of a flight pose, so that may be a dealbreaker.

Last edited:
Yeah I can't imagine this competing to much with the plastic 1/6 figures. Die-cast is going to make these figures crazy expensive and I can't imagine them having all of the articulation and accessories as the plastic ones.

HT will still have rubber panties, how else are you going to move his leg? Look at the plastic versions, without the rubber panties he would be a statue.
If and when they make these in diecast it better have better proportions.
But honestly if they are going trying to do something different they should just make a base Tony Stark in his black undersuit and make the armors diecast pieces you can add on to him. Now that is something new and won't piss people off.

So what is the deal with the "Super Drone"? We'll get a diecast version, but will we get a plastic version as well? I already have all the plastic Iron Man armors, gantry and Iron Monger... is the plastic line outdated now?

Back