Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... dunno, guess I can understand wanting to see a company riding high face-plant but who would take their place? I agree with Darkseed. There's plenty worse on the 1:6 market. Don't get why people take this **** personally. Jesus, just don't buy it and you'll be making your statement, right?

:duff .....................

Well, this is the only way they will continue to reign supreme as the undisputed 1/6th champs!

If one company is doing it, they better jump in and crush that sh!+ quick! That way they dilute the smaller company's sales and corner that market. It's the nature of capitalism...can't be mad at that.

I don't get all the negativity. IMO, the more collectibles that are made, the better - more for me to choose from. I don't have to buy them. If they suck, or are out of my budget, I just don't buy them. I don't need to get upset about it.

The more the better.

NOW.....if HT creating new lines like this makes the wait for the plastic figures even longer....then I'm not happy.

But as a business, if they can do it, why the heck not?

That is exactly why. HT's creative team is TINY. They aren't big like Sideshow where they have different groups of artists that work on different mediums (busts, PFs, 1:6, statues, etc). So each new thing HT takes on takes away from their other lines/resources. So this is just yet one more Iron Man item getting in the way of other things like X-men, Expendables, Prometheus, etc.

That is exactly why. HT's creative team is TINY. They aren't big like Sideshow where they have different groups of artists that work on different mediums (busts, PFs, 1:6, statues, etc). So each new thing HT takes on takes away from their other lines/resources. So this is just yet one more Iron Man item getting in the way of other things like X-men, Expendables, Prometheus, etc.

It's not even the wait that gets me, it's knowing that instead of getting plastic versions of the figures (Mark III 2.0, Armored Whiplash) we now have to "upgrade" to the much more expensive Diecast line to get certain items.

It's not even the wait that gets me, it's knowing that instead of getting plastic versions of the figures (Mark III 2.0, Armored Whiplash) we now have to "upgrade" to the much more expensive Diecast line to get certain items.

Well, we don't even know if these will be articulated figures or statues yet. The 'press release' doesn't say much and we just don't know enough yet. But yeah, it is possible we'll get metal versions instead of plastic (Whiplash 2.0 here for example).

Well, this is the only way they will continue to reign supreme as the undisputed 1/6th champs!

If one company is doing it, they better jump in and crush that sh!+ quick! That way they dilute the smaller company's sales and corner that market. It's the nature of capitalism...can't be mad at that.

When has that ever been a good thing for consumers? That's right, never.

:lol:goodpost::exactly::lecture

So what is the deal with the "Super Drone"? We'll get a diecast version, but will we get a plastic version as well? I already have all the plastic Iron Man armors, gantry and Iron Monger... is the plastic line outdated now?

Nah. If you bought it because you loved it, it will never be outdated. :D

Bring on Whiplash, Hammer drones, and that big catapiller monster thing from the avengers. (The first thing that the Hulk punches in the end fight)

They're called Leviathans. :wink1:

1/4 Avengers- one or two maybe in 2014 most likely for sequel in 2015

These diecasts? 2014-15 if ever. HT may be trying to scare off that other company on diecasts.
If HT does these they will be brilliant but very expensive.

I'd rather see the 1/4 Avengers over a pricey die-cast version. Who the heck am I kidding, I just want to see the rest of the 1/6 Avengers already!!! :impatient::gah:

Aside from Mark III, I'm guessing we'll eventually see Mark V with shiny metal plates, should look really cool.

I bet they still would call it the 2.0. Purple suit Joker has been done 3 times but they called the newest one the 2.0

It was a DX 2.0, meaning it was just the second DX, not the second time they did the purple suit. I doubt HT will label this .0 anything because it would only emphasize their extreme milking here.

I have no interest in die-cast metal action figures. I'd prefer that they make Armored Whiplash and Mark III 3.0 in plastic. This reeks of Hot Toys trying to corner the extreme niche market pursued by another company more than anything else.

Why can't Hot Toys catch up on all their "delayed" product
before announcing all this?

If the standard Iron Man figures are $200+, these will have to
clock in at about double that ($400+ each).

Sorry, but I am not starting over all again with the different marks, just because
Hot Toys want me to. Forget that.

Plus, if it takes this long to get all the Avengers in 1/6 scale...
they should have Die-Cast Mark I - Mark VIII done sometime around 2025.

A diecast Whiplash II is really unnecessary, imo. Not because it wouldn't look good, but it's size will make the price way too high. Actually none of the red and gold IM armors are unnecessary in diecast format. I would like a new Mark III but I'd prefer what they've done so far with the other Marks in order to keep everything the same. However, the only armor I would love to see in diecast is War Machine from IM2. The heavy duty look of it mixed with real die cast metal would make for an awesome figure.

Back