Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT will still have rubber panties, how else are you going to move his leg? Look at the plastic versions, without the rubber panties he would be a statue....
Can't see them using a rubber codpiece with a diecast figure (they'll figure something out with the articulation though you have a point in that it may look awkward in order to accommodate the articulation... Might be a dealbreaker, too). That would totally destroy the entire look of the figure, IMO.

Edit: Just checked Play Imaginative's diecast Iron Man and they list the waist (which I'm assuming is the codpiece) as PVC. So maybe that will allow for some flex without the same fading issues as rubber?:dunno

So what is the deal with the "Super Drone"? We'll get a diecast version, but will we get a plastic version as well? I already have all the plastic Iron Man armors, gantry and Iron Monger... is the plastic line outdated now?
I don't think the diecast will be competing directly with the plastic given the likely price points. Personally, even if price were not a factor, I prefer plastic aside from the stated fading issue.

Last edited:
what's funny is that they're almost competeing against themselves now. They haven't even given us a chance to take in the plastic stuff that they're recently announced or hinted at, and yet they tell us about metal counterparts that will likely be better anyhow.

This is what drives me nuts about HT these days. All they care about is 1-uping everybody else and flooding the market with the same crap.

I'm honestly more excitied for Enterbay's Jordan than this stuff because it's DIFFERENT!

I remember back when HT first hit it big and it would have almost been possible to collect every single thing they released if you wanted to. Now I can't even keep up with what's been announced, released, delyed, hinted at, remade, re-released, remade again.

I agree, EB releases a lot less than HT, but recently, you when whenever they release a figure, 1/6 or 1/4, it's a hit. MJ was done so well, they fixed all the problems they had with Kobe. The 1/4 scale stuff is a hit. Hot toys drown us in announcements and teasers, and when they release stuff, it's like 3-4 releases in a matter of a month. Not that it's bad, but it's hard to handle sometimes.

Like the 1/4 batman and endoskeleton, no update whatsoever on the batman, it felt like as if they did that upscaled DX12 just to punch EB in the face.

I rather wait a bit longer for things to be done right than sloppy. And an average 6 month wait from announcement to release is kinda long, I rather have it shortened to 2-3 months...

HT may make bone head choices but of all the 1/6 companies they still give the largest selection of lines with all the remakes , milking etc.... I'd rather have them making choices I can easily pass on than being stuck with SS or Medicom as my only choices......:horror

So what is the deal with the "Super Drone"? We'll get a diecast version, but will we get a plastic version as well? I already have all the plastic Iron Man armors, gantry and Iron Monger... is the plastic line outdated now?

Im just curious whats the super drone???

1/4 Avengers- one or two maybe in 2014 most likely for sequel in 2015

These diecasts? 2014-15 if ever. HT may be trying to scare off that other company on diecasts.
If HT does these they will be brilliant but very expensive.

sw06TSvaderboxfr.jpg

sw06TSbobaboxfr.jpg

sw06TSsandboxfr.jpg

04-21-08052.jpg

hottoyshasbro_zpsadb01788.jpg

Last edited:
Whiplash 2.0 is the only thing I'm interested in here. Another cash grab by HT. If they were a larger company like Sideshow, this would be OK since it would be a different department/group of artists. HT is TINY. So every new Iron Man project they think up is taking away the resources from something new. Sure, keep up with Iron Man with Iron man 3, Avengers 2, etc. But don't keep going back and re-re-remaking things.

Yeah... dunno, guess I can understand wanting to see a company riding high face-plant but who would take their place? I agree with Darkseed. There's plenty worse on the 1:6 market. Don't get why people take this **** personally. Jesus, just don't buy it and you'll be making your statement, right?

I wonder sometimes if HT will be their own worst enemy and end up putting themselves out of business.

The price on these will be high and I cannot imagine they will make many.

Maybe they do these announcements to gauge interest? And if they see interest is lacking enough that they may lose profit, then they just don't release the line they advertised?

we are very very far away from these being realized...everyone take this announcement with a grain of salt...

I don't get all the negativity. IMO, the more collectibles that are made, the better - more for me to choose from. I don't have to buy them. If they suck, or are out of my budget, I just don't buy them. I don't need to get upset about it.

The more the better.

NOW.....if HT creating new lines like this makes the wait for the plastic figures even longer....then I'm not happy.

But as a business, if they can do it, why the heck not?

I don't get all the negativity. IMO, the more collectibles that are made, the better - more for me to choose from. I don't have to buy them. If they suck, or are out of my budget, I just don't buy them. I don't need to get upset about it.

The more the better.

NOW.....if HT creating new lines like this makes the wait for the plastic figures even longer....then I'm not happy.

But as a business, if they can do it, why the heck not?

because, exactly like you said, the more they do, the longer it takes them to release figures. I don't know if they are expanding or not, but it seems like recently their figures too a hit in quality just to keep up with an intense schedule. (printing on headsculpts instead of hand paint etc).

Either this project will not see an announcement soon or the ones that have been announced or will be announced will be pushed back because of new projects. Like Barney 2.0, AC batman...what happened to them?!

be careful what you wish for....the major alternatives are enterbay and 3A....both take for freaking EVER to realize projects and with just as questionable (if not worse) QC issues when handling licensed properties

Last edited:
be careful what you wish for....the major alternatives are enterbay and 3A....both take for freaking EVER to realize projects and with just as questionable (if not worse) QC issues when handling licensed properties

I know what you mean but HT is the only company seemingly try to get a slice of everyone's pie, first 1/4 scale, now die cast...

Back