Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't make it better.. 40% diecast sounds good to me, 80% is way too much

but if you're going to market it as a Die-Cast collectible, I'd rather prefer it to be at least 50% die cast if not a little more. 80% I agree may be too much, but I think 40% is too little

EDIT: TooReal beat me to it:

How is it to much? You're paying $310 for it. Not even HALF the figure is metal. So basically still 60% plastic, $310 for no feature and nothing else.

80%>40% It's a Diecast figure. Not 60% Plastic still + A bonus of 40% metal.

I mean I get them not doing the whole thing metal but if they are planning on making this the next big thing, at least make it past 50% of metal and not 40%.
:exactly::exactly::exactly:

but if you're going to market it as a Die-Cast collectible, I'd rather prefer it to be at least 50% die cast if not a little more. 80% I agree may be too much, but I think 40% is too little

what you want to bet the die cast parts are:

the feet (that is two feet not counting as 1 part), the little piece on top of the hands, the chest plate, the little thingy on his shoulder that opens and makes way for the gun to come out. This is how most HK/JP companies are operating nowadays when adding "die cast" to their stuff. Look at some anime figures that contain die cast, just the smallest parts are made of it.

Either way, I am not collecting anymore but I find that hot toys is kinda becoming an outrage in pricing.

what you want to bet the die cast parts are:

the feet (that is two feet not counting as 1 part), the little piece on top of the hands, the chest plate, the little thingy on his shoulder that opens and makes way for the gun to come out. This is how most HK/JP companies are operating nowadays when adding "die cast" to their stuff. Look at some anime figures that contain die cast, just the smallest parts are made of it.

Either way, I am not collecting anymore but I find that hot toys is kinda becoming an outrage in pricing.

They said the majority of it was in the arms and legs, so I'm thinking even the chest might be asking too much if only 40% of the figure is diecast lol.

Well I respectfully disagree, a lot of people will change their minds once inhand pics arrive, As long as its superior to the old IM figures it is worth it

Well I respectfully disagree, a lot of people will change their minds once inhand pics arrive, As long as its superior to the old IM figures it is worth it

I agree. I do not know what to think really. I have IP on preorder either way.

I do not want to shoot it down, or say something sucks, until I have actually seen it and or have it in hand. The price point is pretty high, but some of the older Armors are going for crazy money on the aftermarket, and I do not find them that impressive(IMHO). The look of the original Mark3 is way off with the skinny legs, and big head, yet folks are paying 400+ for one. (not me).

I am betting that we may just be really happy with the results when it finally gets released. I am sure there may be a chance of some things that will be nit-picked on, but these armors have been getting better each time, so I don't see the disappointment some are calling for when this one comes out.(again IMHO).

Well I respectfully disagree, a lot of people will change their minds once inhand pics arrive...
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. People were outraged by Tamashii 3PO's price when it was first announced but once it was released almost everyone on the SW boards found a way to buy it. Same will probably happen here. Personally, I feel Hot Toys has found an acceptable compromise.

I agree. I do not know what to think really. I have IP on preorder either way.

I do not want to shoot it down, or say something sucks, until I have actually seen it and or have it in hand. The price point is pretty high, but some of the older Armors are going for crazy money on the aftermarket, and I do not find them that impressive(IMHO). The look of the original Mark3 is way off with the skinny legs, and big head, yet folks are paying 400+ for one. (not me).

I am betting that we may just be really happy with the results when it finally gets released. I am sure there may be a chance of some things that will be nit-picked on, but these armors have been getting better each time, so I don't see the disappointment some are calling for when this one comes out.(again IMHO).

Exactly! :goodpost:

I preordered him too, it was inevitable for me..

Last edited:
Price is one thing but its a shame for the lack of any battle damaged parts those add so much to the figure.

And why can we bring back the waist and abdominal movement found in the mark 4 and 6. its like the went back ward with it.

I think some people are just upset that HT made a big deal about calling it die-cast when its really plastic with some die-cast parts.

I'm going to wait to see what the MK42 comes with and how much the price is. It should have a lot of extras, BD parts, 2 or 3 HS, etc.

please ht the ims are not over produced or many so can you please make ims in 24 carrot gold----------

"..the chest and abdominal are comprised of 3 parts, allowing more movement;"

Its supposed to have even more articulation that the old ones

Ip pictures don't show off any of that supposed movement and looking the high res pic I can't see any seams.:dunno

No problem agree to disagree :peace but I feel you're missing my point though. I'm not talking about how the figure looks. I'm more than sure that these figures will looks great just as most/all Hot Toys do. What I'm saying is that this ISN'T a die cast figure. This is a, for the most part, a plastic figure with some die cast in it. Takara's masterpiece Optimus and Megatron had die cast parts but weren't marketed as Die cast b/c they aren't full on die cast or even half die cast. That's what bothers me. I had the MK4 and it didn't even feel high end to me. It was light, flaps were loose, hip mech kept popping out. It didn't feel like a high end figure. Maybe my expectations were too high with all the praise they get :dunno Maybe these so called die cast ones will be better and I hope they are b/c I have been waiting for an Iron man figure to feel like and iron man. But like others, I'm just voicing my opinion based on what we know now.

:peace:

"..the chest and abdominal are comprised of 3 parts, allowing more movement;"

Its supposed to have even more articulation that the old ones

I can see joint section in the picture of the Mark 42 it might not be as has bad as the Mark 2/3 were it is a single body, but I think it will be closer to the Mark 5 or War machine still nothing like the Mark 4 and 6 were the abs can extend and collapse on themselves and you can make him crouch and stuff.

This dude... Armored Whiplash

11092L.jpg

Have these been posted before: :dunno

561785_484287988310856_1134106214_n.jpg

533712_484288124977509_920721987_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscollectors

After seeing the third movie and being pretty underwhelmed by Mark 42, I want a die cast, improved Mark III from the first film even more. I only need one armor, and this is it for me.

Back