Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow what happened to this line? There were only mark 42 and iron patriot. Looks like the pre orders didn't do so well.
I was waiting for re issues of Marks I through VI!

No problem agree to disagree :peace but I feel you're missing my point though. I'm not talking about how the figure looks. I'm more than sure that these figures will looks great just as most/all Hot Toys do. What I'm saying is that this ISN'T a die cast figure. This is a, for the most part, a plastic figure with some die cast in it. Takara's masterpiece Optimus and Megatron had die cast parts but weren't marketed as Die cast b/c they aren't full on die cast or even half die cast. That's what bothers me. I had the MK4 and it didn't even feel high end to me. It was light, flaps were loose, hip mech kept popping out. It didn't feel like a high end figure. Maybe my expectations were too high with all the praise they get :dunno Maybe these so called die cast ones will be better and I hope they are b/c I have been waiting for an Iron man figure to feel like and iron man. But like others, I'm just voicing my opinion based on what we know now.

:peace:

:goodpost:

I am going to be interested to see what these are like in-hand.. I recently acquired Play Imaginative's Batman figure and when you first take it out of the box, it has a real 'heavyweight' impact.. not sure that the considerably less metal in the Hot Toys figures, is going to have quite the same 'Wowzers!' sensation.. but I'm hoping they rock!

EDIT - I'm certain I'm not adding these random retail toy links (this time attached to the word 'Batman') to my posts (think this is the second time it's happened).. do the forum web squirrels have any ideas how its happening or is it a new forum policy on advertising? :dunno

EDIT - .. and now its gone again.. perhaps its a browser cookie, I need to hunt down and exterminate. :stake

Last edited:
really? that's fast for them to revisit the old armor especially the mark1 :cuckoo: an easy pass for that, if they said the mark3 diecast was in production then that would be a good news

I was hoping this would happen sooner or later. Not paying £250 for a 2nd hand Mark 1.0, so this is great news for me.

Die-cast sounds great - I don't think the pre-orders are low, it' s likely because Hot Toys don't want to wind up the fans by announcing too much given the increased production time for diecast.

Is HT going to drop the die cast line all together now? a friend of mine told me that he read some interview recently.

Nothing official, a couple IM pieces that were originally announced as diecast became plastic releases with no "official" reason why... personally Diecast is a terrible idea and I really hope it fails, not that I want to see fellow collectors burned but I really want the pieces to turn out terribly so people can see why its a bad idea

The only thing that was said about the die cast figures already being made was something to the effect of it taking longer than they anticipated to make the die cast figures, so they are being delayed. Some speculate it because of poor sales, but who knows.

Nothing official, a couple IM pieces that were originally announced as diecast became plastic releases with no "official" reason why... personally Diecast is a terrible idea and I really hope it fails, not that I want to see fellow collectors burned but I really want the pieces to turn out terribly so people can see why its a bad idea

If HT have experienced technical problems with producing die-cast figures, then I think it's ok to delay releasing the figures while they sort those issues out (always thought the big disparity between PI's metal content for diecast and that quoted by HT for their new 1/6 figures was strange).

If they can't fix the problems, then I'm happy for those figures to end up being released in plastic.. with a suitable reduction in price, natch.

If HT have experienced technical problems with producing die-cast figures, then I think it's ok to delay releasing the figures while they sort those issues out (always thought the big disparity between PI's metal content for diecast and that quoted by HT for their new 1/6 figures was strange).

If they can't fix the problems, then I'm happy for those figures to end up being released in plastic.. with a suitable reduction in price, natch.

In your dreams mate. :wink1:

If HT has abandoned diecast, then it'll kinda be neat to have one of these pieces (I've got WM II on order) as a curio, in addition to the fact that one just likes that particular armour. From the interview, it was difficult to tell if the number pre-ordered was good or bad, but certainly Howard made a point to say that the production process was much longer than with plastic. So, regardless of how well the pre-orders are doing, it just may be that it's not worthwhile for HT to stick with diecast.

In your dreams mate. :wink1:

:lol ..yup, I reckon if HT had to abandon a die-cast version, the delay and wasted development costs would almost certainly impact on the final plastic release price.
:gah:

If HT has abandoned diecast, then it'll kinda be neat to have one of these pieces (I've got WM II on order) as a curio, in addition to the fact that one just likes that particular armour. From the interview, it was difficult to tell if the number pre-ordered was good or bad, but certainly Howard made a point to say that the production process was much longer than with plastic. So, regardless of how well the pre-orders are doing, it just may be that it's not worthwhile for HT to stick with diecast.

:goodpost:

Agreed, if die-cast production timescales majorly interfere with the ability to get a product to market promptly, to maximise sales, I can see certain die-cast figures being dropped by manufacturers for that reason alone, particularly figures with a movie release tie-in.. 'classic' figures might not be such an issue.. with both HT and PI being very slow to get die-cast Iron Man product out the door, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

.. still hope at least one of HT's die-cast Iron Man figures makes it into production.

Nope. Only the fully articulated Mark XLII, Iron Patriot and War Machine II are slated to be die-cast, as far as I know.

Back