Hot toys "danny devito" penguin??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't remember who it was..then I remembered it was Seb..and I forgot to edit the who made part out of my post. :lol I don't think he made the sculpt though....

I made that fig yes, the sculpt was from that old vinyl kit that was heavily reworked though :wave

BTW i sold it for 1200$ :wink1:

To be fair though, they've just about milked TDK and with the exception of Ras and maybe a Ninja, BB as well. So the lull after 4 years was filed with '89 Batman. If Returns is at all possible, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything until 2016.

I dunno about that. If the rabid response to the 89 line (myself included) is any indication, this line is going to do extremely well and be quite a money maker for HT. They'd be crazy not to cash in on the Nicholson likeness and do variants of the Joker, and perhaps use the Keaton likeness for a Bruce Wayne/BD Batman DX. Following on the heels of that, could definitely see HT wanting to cash in on the Burton Batman nostalgia train with Returns - seems like it'd be right up their alley. There's no reason they can't intersperse these things with TDKR merch, Iron Man would seem to indicate that they don't fear oversaturating the market with a particular character, and they do their figures so well, why should they? They can vary it up in 2012 with their overall offerings of Johnny Depp, Avengers, Iron Man, X-Men, Predator, occasional SW, and whatever else new comes out of the pipe for movies in 2012.

HT just needs to drop Xmen 1st class (yes good movie) and Green Lantern. No one cares now, and by the time they actually make something, much better stuff will be out.

The Burton films are going to make them money, and they are going to milk it.

and...affordable?

Indeed.

They could make a "short person" body. That would probably have more than one use along the line. Then a fat suit specifically for the Penguin could make their generic "short person" body useful for this specific character, while leaving them a somewhat more useful body type/mold to fall back on for other projects.

Yeah, the fat suit is a given.

However, the hight (if done right) would be pretty unique I think. Not sure what other figures they could use it for.

...unless they would get the license for The Hobbit, as well the body would be too big for Bilbo, it would probably work for the 13 dwarves. :idea

I don't get why people aren't favourable to devito's performance, thought he was great, he went above and beyond with the make-up and voice-work.

And as far as villain plots go, kidnapping and killing a bunch of Gothamites kid's is pretty cold blooded.

Well, isn't it a pretty dramatic departure from the comic character? :huh

I think it's a departure for the better, but the book thumpers might disagree.

Keaton, Nicholson and Batman & Batman Forever were/are iconic. Devitos penguin was disturbing but it would be great to have him Catwoman and as someone stated, Max Shreck. Odd segue but maybe could open door with Walken likeness to do Burton Headless Horseman/Hessian soldier DX, maybe with the horse a la Ghost Rider. Here's hoping. However I fully reject Kilmer & Clooney Batstains...seriously, those two movies were god awful. Could not care less about Carrey Riddler, Jones- Two face, Arnie Mr Freeze, Uma Poison Ivy or Bane or Batgirl or Robin...ugh:yuck on those two movies!

I dunno about that. If the rabid response to the 89 line (myself included) is any indication, this line is going to do extremely well and be quite a money maker for HT. They'd be crazy not to cash in on the Nicholson likeness and do variants of the Joker, and perhaps use the Keaton likeness for a Bruce Wayne/BD Batman DX. Following on the heels of that, could definitely see HT wanting to cash in on the Burton Batman nostalgia train with Returns - seems like it'd be right up their alley. There's no reason they can't intersperse these things with TDKR merch, Iron Man would seem to indicate that they don't fear oversaturating the market with a particular character, and they do their figures so well, why should they? They can vary it up in 2012 with their overall offerings of Johnny Depp, Avengers, Iron Man, X-Men, Predator, occasional SW, and whatever else new comes out of the pipe for movies in 2012.

HT's not known for capitalizing when the iron's hot, unfortunately. Plus most of us already know that what would seem like no-brainer figures often either don't get made or take years of _____ing from us collectors for them to consider them. Look how long it took them to get around to Scarecrow.

HT just needs to drop Xmen 1st class (yes good movie) and Green Lantern. No one cares now, and by the time they actually make something, much better stuff will be out.

I care and would've rather had X-Men: FC or Green Lantern figures than another OC Batman variant and redundant DX Joker 2.0. :huh

This line should be next. And they should also release Max Schreck :lecture

Only because a Chris Walken fig would be gangbusters for customs---maybe THE Bruce Dickinson? "I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Last edited:
Back