1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects

I'm guessing it's an app linked up to a third party device.
Not an app that can turn any and all lights in the world off.

weel-duh.jpg

cool, what are you using to do that (control the outlet)?

We have a smart house that uses the Z-Wave protocol.

The lights, outlets, fans, thermostats, door locks, garage door openers, security / fire detection system and pool pump can all be controlled remotely.

I use Homeseer software and my computer acts like the main server and my wife's lap top is a back up server.

We can control it from any computer, tablet or smart phone that I download the software to.

You can control each device individually or you can set up events like “Watch a movie” or “Christmas Night” and several devices operate simultaneously.

It’s a pretty cool system but you have to be able to do the work yourself unless you make a TON of money.

Lowes sells a generic system called Iris and it is Z-Wave based so I can buy devices from that system for use in ours and they ae actually cheaper then the online sources

If you want to discuss this more I can start a thread in the off topic forum.

Last edited:

Oh cool. I thought maybe it was some wifi outlet or something. When I was trying to google how you could do it, I found wifi light bulbs. They were $100 each, so ridiculous

Hi guys! Need your help newbie question... I just bought a set of 4 Hall of Armor from Hot Toys. How do I place my War Machine 2 diecast on the Hall of Armor? Can I put the figure without the stand and hook? Will it hold? Is there a lock on the base of the Hall of Armor?

Your help is much appreciated.

I would used the stand that comes with WM2

He will sit a little more forward then with the hook that comes with the display but it's less noticeable and more secure

Thanks so much Boba! Will the diecast figure eventually fall if i place them at the Hall of Armor without any stand and hook?

Thanks so much Boba! Will the diecast figure eventually fall if i place them at the Hall of Armor without any stand and hook?

That is an ambiguous question. It may never fall but I wouldn't take the chance

All you'd need to do is duct tape(With a *small* piece of duct tape) a magnet on the back of the figure, then also put a magnet on the back of the hall of armour where it would connect with the other magnet, holding the figure up.

All you'd need to do is duct tape(With a *small* piece of duct tape) a magnet on the back of the figure, then also put a magnet on the back of the hall of armour where it would connect with the other magnet, holding the figure up.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with placing duct tape on the figure, it may have a negative effect on the paint later on.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with placing duct tape on the figure, it may have a negative effect on the paint later on.

That's not how duct tape works. The only thing that *could* happen is that the duct tape could leave some of it's adhesive behind when you peel it off. And even then, it just peels off.

Re: Hot Toys “Straight/ No Radius” Hall of Armor Project

Until I have enough Armors to fill all 13 bays of our HOA Display I decided to disply other figures in it.

Recently I picked up a Captain America and I think he looks great in the Bay

I'm going to get the Winter Soldier and I would not have a problem displaying a Batman or Superman in it as well.

Most people that see this display have no idea of what the bays represent so to them is just a bunch of figures in a cool display.

Thanks I can't wait to put our MOS and DX12 in it

Re: Hot Toys “Straight/ No Radius” Hall of Armor Project

Until I have enough Armors to fill all 13 bays of our HOA Display I decided to disply other figures in it.

Recently I picked up a Captain America and I think he looks great in the Bay

I'm going to get the Winter Soldier and I would not have a problem displaying a Batman or Superman in it as well.

Most people that see this display have no idea of what the bays represent so to them is just a bunch of figures in a cool display.

Why 13 of them?are you planning on getting the house party protocol ones as well?or are you using these for all the armors.you eventually gonna get all 42?as for cap in there,I like it.i can totally see cap hanging his uniform in one at the avengers tower in avengers 2.

13 bays fit across the top of our entertainment cabinet. Originally I was only going to worry about filling them but then Hot Toys came out with the HPP Wine Cellar Bays.

I'm going to eventually build a new display that uses 7 factory bays with the radius and 14 Wine Cellar Bays.

The 13 Bay straight line display will remain in our theater room and I will use it to transition figures to the new display I'm going to building our hobby / shipping room.

You can make him taller by using different pegs????

Please elaborate.

Back